Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I love Kava Kava!
    #15731580 -

It's so nice and subtle and calm.
I could probably drink Kava every day!

Anybody else like Kava?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Cudder]
    #15731606 -

is it better than kratom?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: trANce]
    #15731616 -

i heard its addicting and cause like liver or kidney problems.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: demonofchaos]
    #15731638 -

trANce said:
is it better than kratom?



I can't really speak for Kratom but people I know who have used both use them for different reasons, although they have somewhat similar properties. (I think?)

demonofchaos said:
i heard its addicting and cause like liver or kidney problems.



According to the Kona Kava farm catalog (sent with a package from a reputable online source) if the root is used, liver damage is avoided as opposed to other parts of the plant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! *DELETED* [Re: Cudder]
    #15731845 -

Post deleted by Greendreams

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Greendreams]
    #15731860 -

Greendreams said:
I just ordered some to try so hopefully it will get here this week.



What form did you order?

I buy the kava tea from the grocery store and steep two bags at a time and sometimes drink two cups.

I would like to try an extract.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! *DELETED* [Re: Cudder]
    #15731882 -

Post deleted by Greendreams

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Greendreams]
    #15731932 -

Thats it :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Cudder]
    #15731965 -

A beer or 2 and then some kava, and one starts to feel reeealy nice.:smirk:
I used to be able to get kava extract pills from my local health food shop, if you chewed slowly on a couple your mouth went numb, then the numbness slowly spread into your head until you felt all warm and oogly and lovely.
some change in the law made them unavailable, and the kava I've tried since has doen (pretty much) fuck all for me.:sad:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Cudder]
    #15731968 -

I have dabbled with kava a few times and experienced a nice mellow buzz, melts away anxiety and goes great with cannabis. But I have yet to try quality/potent product or any extracts.

I have talked to a few people that say it is most definitely possible to get to the point of being in a drunken intoxicated state when you work with quality/potent kava and drink enough, and that there is nothing "subtle" about it. But if what you are using is the "tea bag" kava then you probably won't get anywhere near that level.

Does that tea even make your mouth and throat numb?...Even mediocre kava should noticeably numb the mouth and throat.






trANce said:
is it better than kratom?




Kava and kratom are two different herbs, and act in completely different ways, kinda hard to compare them.


Kava is benzo and alcohol like, while kratom is more opiate and coffee like.





-OM


.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Greendreams]
    #15731972 -

Greendreams said:
I ordered ground kava root.
This is the tea I've tried and it gave me a mild relaxed feeling so I thought I might as well spend a little more and get my own kava to make a strong brew.




I bloody love Kava!
That is the tea I generally drink.

When I'm feeling in the mood for something more powerful, I have some root I got from Kona Kava farm. Absolutely sublime. :awesome:


--------------------
:smoking:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Meteloides]
    #15732031 -

It tastes like rubber to me.. anyone else get that?


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Meteloides]
    #15732049 -

Yea there is definitely a numbing feeling in the mouth... That is always a nice feeling and it does seem to spread throughout the body. But with the tea it is really subtle... Definitely there, but subtle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Cudder]
    #15732072 -

Nice...:thumbup:


A new organic farmers market/herb store opened up in town, I'll have to see if they have that tea. They actually have several different tinctures and extracts of Kava, which I was stoked to see. They also carry every common herb I've heard of, in capsule, and tincture form :awesome: . First time I went in there I felt like a kid in a candy store....Pretty stoked about this place, all sorts of good food, and a HUGE selection of herbs.





-OM


.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: openmind]
    #15732080 -

openmind said:
Nice...:thumbup:


A new organic farmers market/herb store opened up in town, I'll have to see if they have that tea. They actually have several different tinctures and extracts of Kava, which I was stoked to see. They also carry every common herb I've heard of, in capsule, and tincture form :awesome: . First time I went in there I felt like a kid in a candy store....Pretty stoked about this place, all sorts of good food, and a HUGE selection of herbs.




God, I'm jealous already! I've been shopping around for a good herbalist around where I am for a while, with no such luck. :sad:


--------------------
:smoking:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Meteloides]
    #15732115 -

Meteloides said:
..God, I'm jealous already! I've been shopping around for a good herbalist around where I am for a while, with no such luck. :sad:




It may have to do with the area ya live in? Some areas have more herb shops/alternative medicine than others.


I actually plan on becoming an herbalist, I start school in spring of 2013. I have a feeling herbal medicine will become more common in the western world over the years.



-OM

.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: openmind]
    #15732124 -

i like it because i can have a warm cup of something before bed and not take in any caffeine


--------------------
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: venetianblinds]
    #15732131 -

I like a nice cup of Sleepy time extra tea with valerian root.

Never tried Kava kava


--------------------
:scarybeat:


My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: openmind]
    #15732146 -

openmind said:
Meteloides said:
..God, I'm jealous already! I've been shopping around for a good herbalist around where I am for a while, with no such luck. :sad:




It may have to do with the area ya live in? Some areas have more herb shops/alternative medicine than others.


I actually plan on becoming an herbalist, I start school in spring of 2013. I have a feeling herbal medicine will become more common in the western world over the years.




Yeah, it's definitely where I live. Just about everyone here is vegan and into the whole sustainable movement, but they really lack a proper appreciation of herbs. It's more of a crystal-healing crowd. :nonono:

I actually have the same feeling. It seems like people are becoming disenchanted with the mass-produced and synthetic cure-alls that Big Pharma pushes.
I've considered pursuing herbalism myself. It's already a hobby of mine, and I feel there will be no shortage of job openings in the future. :thumbup:


--------------------
:smoking:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Kava Kava! [Re: Cudder]
    #15732451 -

imo there are two rules with Kava.

Root only.

In moderation. (not every single day)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* kava
( 1 2 all )
Infrared 2,553 20 10/29/04 07:53 PM
by AlmaTron
* kava quest Todcasil 893 14 04/27/05 09:02 AM
by Krishna
* Your First Love
( 1 2 3 4 all )
CherryBomM 14,049 79 06/05/03 12:40 AM
by lucid
* possible to love two girls at once?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 8,409 51 08/07/04 11:47 AM
by ivi
* Post deleted by Moe Howard
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 6,369 27 02/16/03 08:56 PM
by vivid
* all you need is love
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 2,234 20 08/30/04 01:30 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Love is the answer puscle 1,408 7 03/18/03 09:30 AM
by Dr. Slavic
* Dirty Love tomatoes 1,779 9 08/22/03 04:46 PM
by tomatoes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,945 topic views. 4 members, 20 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.