Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeam
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: jimbu]
    #1580732 - 05/27/03 04:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

doh.... i better watch myself.... my recent hunts consisted of a LOT of 'first subs of the season'!

hehehe such a spinout though! to eat 4 small mushrooms in order to 'test potency' and be stuck in another strange unexpected world for hours!

haha that happened to me, just to test and i got unexpectatly fucked up, last year the ones i had were a bit rotten and about a month old, undried, i took about 12 and got about 2/3rds as fucked as i did off 5 freshies this time.

when was the start of the season by the way?

Edited by beam (05/27/03 04:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineganesh
stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: beam]
    #1580747 - 05/27/03 04:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hehe... i don't think ill ever work out the *right* dosage.

Start of the season is usually mid-late april i think. I found my first ones this year around about the 23-26th april i think....

Offline121212
Stranger
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: ganesh]
    #1617523 - 06/08/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Just two question about hunting for subs in Victoria.

1.  How long does the season last... and is the probability of subs popping up constant throughout the season or are there peaks.

2.  I've heard conflicting views as to where subs actuallycab  grow.  Some ppl suggest they mainly grow from tanbark while others say they can grow anywhere where wood is near (i am aware they are woodlovers).  Is thre likely to be many mushies in the hills/forest simply from a kind of natural mulch?... i've also seen sub pics, growing out of wet leaves.

Thanks in asvance for any help :smile:

peace

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: ganesh]
    #1617570 - 06/08/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys,
Just thinking about the dosages, rather than talking about the # of shrooms consumed, maybe people could start weighing their doses? It could be a much more consistent way of dosing. Especially considering subaeruginosa can vary in size quite a bit from patch to patch.
I agree that there is also potency variation from patch to patch as I have weighed subaeruginosa doses before and had definite potency differences. But still, it would be interesting to see if the people eating 4 shrooms and the people eating 10 shrooms are actually eating roughly the same weight, if ya get what I mean.
OK now I just feel like I'm rambling. :P

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: zee_werp]
    #1617641 - 06/08/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

how long the season lasts basically depends on the weather.... when it starts warming up and stops raining, they'll stop growing.

from my small hunting experiences, you're much more likely to find subaeruginosa growing plentifully in woodchipped areas (parks and reserves) - although im not sure what type of woodchips i've found them in. however i've also found them growing in the same area from natural eucalypt mulch (ie. bark, leaves and twigs).

as for potency... it's difficult to judge it by weight, because the smaller specimens seem to be ALOT more potent by weight than the larger specimens! you could eat a large specimen weighing 1 dried gram, and trip alot less than eating 10 smaller specimens totally 1 dried gram.

most of the sub's i've found tend to be on the small side, however - between 1-3cm diameter....

i'd regard 1-2cm specimens as 'small' and 3cm specimens as 'medium' sized.

10 subs (mixed sizes - small and medium) generally make me trip rather hard.

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: jimbu]
    #1618469 - 06/08/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

pardon me for this might be an abnormally stupid question but I was wondering............

WHy exactly is it that the 1st P. Subs of the season are soooooo much more out of this world potent than the ones later on in the season?

I live in the southeast U.S. and to my experience the cubes I find from beginning to end vary in potency no Doubt but no sooo much from the start like you all say.

thanks

Offlinecube421
420guy
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: cube421]
    #1618510 - 06/08/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sometime last year in one of MJs posts about P. Cyans I think I remember reading that he said they are most potent when the weather is at its utmost coldest.

Is this why?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1618588 - 06/08/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I never said they were more potent when it is coldest. Each individual shroom has a different balance of chemicals in it when placed next to another shroom of the same species. And different species have different potencies.

P. cyanescens in its young stage are the most potent of mushrooms. Here is an example of their power. You can have four to five large mushrooms such as these postred below, weighing one fresh ounce and only get four to six people high.

and then you could have a one ounce bag of many baby P. cyanescens weighing one fresh ounce and get 20 people high on the same weight. But that has only been found to occur with P. cyanescens. Some say P. subaeruginosa are also potent in the button stages.

Here is the picture of small potent Psoilocybe cyanescens.

A once fresh ounce bag could have from 25-40 or more one to two inch high small P. cyanescens and get as many as 20 people high with no problem at all.

mj

As for P. subbs, I find the first large fruitings of them are nice and potent when consumed inthe same day as they were picked. They lose somewhat in drying but their dose should be one fresh ounce or more and 3-5 dried grasm for a level 3 trip or higher.

mj

Offlinecube421
420guy
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1618641 - 06/08/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

oh ok, Dunno what I was thinking- Maybe I read GG say something about that about the cubes he finds. maybe not..

I just thought I heard that from somebody- my apologies.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1620022 - 06/09/03 03:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

'hey lose somewhat in drying but their dose should be one fresh ounce or more and 3-5 dried grasm for a level 3 trip or higher.'
MJ do you mean Ps.Subaeruginosa or Panaeolus Subbalt.??
The first subs can be more potent generally because of the amount of nutrients available in the fresh woodchips and mulch. Psilocybe Subaeruginosa is a primary decomposer, and these woods at the start of the season would have a higher sap and nutrient content.
Id say that consumption of more than 12 subs dried or fresh should give you a pretty high level experience. But it depends on the person, and the potency of the fruits. It is more likely that one or two of the twelve will be extremely potent, and the other ten only mildly. I think everyone who has experience with subs would say that there is always a point where just one more mushroom is consummed and the night goes from mild fun to extreme mind-bending dmt land.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1620375 - 06/09/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was referring tot he small P. subaeruginosa babies as nbeing very potent by weight when compared to one large shroom. IT would not take anything near the weight odf a large on to get a good rewarding ewxperience.

mj

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: p. subaeruginosa [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1623355 - 06/10/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can vouch for the potency of the button/small P. subaeruginosa weight+ potency ratio. Also the potency variation between each shroom.
But I thought this was consistent in all shrooms. The only experience a random
protizoa has had with P.cubes is with abhorts and one or two full growns, probably more hallucinogenic than most P.sub trips as subs are seemingly more grounding
(some times I feel like I am the very earth that sustains all life and welcome my return to its soil becaus of the mess my fellow humans have created, but not in a suicidal way). The p.cubes where very auditoraly hallucinogenic. From A small amount of experience Gotta go.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order