Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: Learyfan] * 2
    #1527832 - 05/07/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chinacat, how do you believe your thumbprint experience has changed your life? You said you're never the same.

I don't know how to answer that Learyfan. It's affected me on so many different levels. Mentally it has changed my whole outlook on life and my perception of the world. Spiritually it has given me the absolute faith in eternity that can only be had from being eternity. My philosophy's are all based on my experiances. I no longer see the world as a bunch of seperate species and things, but a connected matrix of biology and energy that flows to and from a core that is the pure light of unconditional love.
Physically it's affected me in that you never come back down completely.
But why would you anyway? You can't look at the truth and then pertend you didn't see it and that it doesn't exist.
A thumbprint is a life long commitment.
As for visual activity ,it's constant. But I hardly notice it anymore.
Eternity is in the here an now. So is my life, so they constantly flow together or against each other. Meditation is key for me now.
I no longer consider my physical reality my true reality.

Shit man I can't explain this stuff Learyfan. It's just not possible.
The more I explain ,the more I need to explain what I was trying to explain  :tongue:
I guess you could sum it up as Robert Hunter did after his night of 250,000mcg.
"I died 1000 deaths"
Thats what it really is, death. Most people live there lives unsure about what happens when we die. Even the most devoutlly religous have anxiety about the big moment.
I don't , I welcome it. Thats how its changed me.
:grin:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: World Spirit] * 1
    #1528628 - 05/07/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

From Be Here Now:
?In these few years we had gotten over the feeling that one experience was going to make you enlightened forever. We saw that it wasn?t going to be that simple.
And for five years I dealt with the matter of ?coming down.? The coming down matter is what led me to the next chapter of this drama. Because after six years, I realized that no matter how ingenious my experimental designs were, and how high I got, I came down.
At one point I took five people and we locked ourselves in a building for three weeks and we took 400 micrograms of LSD every four hours. That is 2400 micrograms of LSD a day, which sounds fancy, but after your first dose you build a tolerance; there?s a refractory period. We?d just stay at a plateau. We were very high. What happened in those three weeks in that house, no one would even believe, including us. And at the end of the three weeks, we walked out of the house and within a few days, we came down!?

I did something similar the summer of '77 I ate 1000+mics every day for 90 days and yep I had a huge tolerance at the end of summer........I thought.Then in Sept when I should have been signing up for school I "Thumbprinted" And NO I only thought I had tolerance.After I came around to this reality again I did come down but was also "changed".I took complete control over my schooling and my life(as well as complete responsibility)
BTW Ram Das says he "came down" but he changed his name to Ram Das and wears white robes and even he admits LSD helped precipitate his change.One wonders what his opinion would have been had he instead of walking out of the house and coming down he would have taken 1/2 gram of crystal at the end of his experiment?

Quote:

?The effective oral dose in human beings ranges from 50-500 micrograms, above which a saturation level may be reached in most users, such that further augmenting the dose will not intensify the effects (Grof 1975; Shulgin 1980B).?

The 50-500 range will saturate the seratonin system however LSD also affects other receptors like dopamine and noradrenaline to a lesser degree, at ultradoses these effects come more strongly into play negating the plateau effect.
Enter the difference between 500mcgs and 10000+ is incomparable as is the mode of ingestion.The change begins as the crystals melt on your tongue and is totaly unlike eating a pile of prelayed paper.One senses his imminent ego death coming as the crystals are absorbed into the tongue.the knowledge that you are totaly in the care of family is what one clings to as long as concepts such as family contain meaning then one is simply....gone. When awareness returns it is changed and IMO forever.
I have to laugh when Ram Das says he "came down" returning sobriety is not the same as being unchanged One does come down from a print but NOT UNCHANGED.
I have had the privelidge of speaking with Ram Das on several occasions and to this older tripper his "mark" is as clear as if it were painted upon his forehead.
Oh yeah thats another "side effect" I can spot a serious tripper no matter how many yrs have elapsed since their last dose.You should see the suprise when I spring it on the "reformed"
I would have to say to you Enter that you should meet those who have had the experience in person if possible and judge for your self if their experience is valid.
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (05/07/03 07:27 PM)

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The Thumbprint [Re: whiterasta] * 1
    #1528692 - 05/07/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Very well put WR :grin:
Mabye that book idea isn't such a bad idea :wink:

BTW how is Ram Dass doing. His book's are the best.  I hold my copy of Be Here Now with more value than a christian does there bible. Trully a masterpiece.
I don't hear much about him since his stroke. Does he still lecture? I caught him a couple times at Esalen and was awed to be in his presence. He trully is a great being. I know he's still on the board for the Deads Rex foundation. Other than that he probably doesn't leave Northern Cal. does he? 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (05/07/03 07:43 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: chinacat72]
    #1529282 - 05/07/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: World Spirit]
    #1529348 - 05/07/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i've got a question, just curious, what does a a thumprint of crystal taste like?

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: thestringphish]
    #1529355 - 05/07/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#1530243 - 05/08/03 08:14 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Article about Ram Dass

A long, strange trip

By ELIZABETH BROMSTEIN
Saturday, May 3, 2003

Edited by Hermes_br (05/08/03 11:19 AM)

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: thestringphish]
    #1530370 - 05/08/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

i've got a question, just curious, what does a a thumprint of crystal taste like? 

No taste... more like a metalic perception.
Rub a spoon on your tongue, its like that.

... but remember... "There is no spoon" :wink:

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The Thumbprint [Re: World Spirit] * 1
    #1530490 - 05/08/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chinacat ~ You've already mentioned the eternal, white-light experience (like that from the Tibetan Book of the Dead and many other Eastern teachings). You've also implied a belief in the Lord (however this Being may be defined). Thirdly, you've mentioned that LSD is a gift from God given specifically for this window of time. What are you doing different with your life that is noteworthy that you otherwise would not have done had you missed out on the psychedelic food called LSD?

What have I done with my life thats different. Everything!! I spent 8 years in hotel rooms around the country dipping gram after gram of blotter in hopes that one of these hits will bring somebody into the light. For 8 years I spread as much LSD around the country as I could, not for personal gain ,but for the hopes that it would help get the human race back on track.

Now I am dedicated to becoming a part of the misniscule research movement into psychedelics. I am just getting my BS in psychology/pre-med. Next is grad school or med school. This is all for the sole purpose of working with psychedelics in addiction and othe mental disorders they have shown great promise in. Whether this will happen in my lifetime I don't know, but I will try to help as much as possible. So now i'm consentrated on getting my MD or PhD.
I aslo spend countless hours on this website trying to dispell the enormous amount of LSD rumors there are.

As for personal differences it's changed everything. The way I interact with the world and the way I see it. It also brings me great sorrow to have been a part of a movement were the kind, beautiful potential of human relationships were reasized and then to see the rest of the world and how far off track it is.

As for the lord, I realize I have used this term in the past. Thats a mistake on my part because it ties in with the orthadox religions such as christianity and Islam.
I want no part of these religions and feel they do much more harm than good.
I do have faith in Eternity(my word for God). Seeing is believing :grin:

I could go on all day as for the changes, but I have a final exam in 1 hour.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (05/10/03 02:21 PM)

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The Thumbprint [Re: thestringphish] * 1
    #1530493 - 05/08/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Its a feeling of energy. You feel it instantly. Especially after your first one. Your nervous system jolts to attention as if to say here we go.

Some of the less pure crystals such as amber and lavender havea weird chem taste. As for fluff and needlepoint Theirs no taste just a feeling

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineyelimS
bohem

#1531096 - 05/08/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This is my favorite thread by far! Thanks again, china and everyone else who has contributed :smile:
And China... just curious.. how old are you? how and when did you get into the scene? I could read about this for hours, it's wonderful reading!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The Thumbprint [Re: yelimS] * 1
    #1531222 - 05/08/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Old enough to have grey in my hair :grin: Just started going to Dead shows and finally said fuck it in 86 and did tour full time. When you travel around the country and see the same folks that are doing the same thing you are you get close to them. It really is a big family. In that time period alot of the folks from the old days(60's-70") were still touring and were always willing to help and guide the younger folks. The around 89-90 they became real popular and the crowds got a lot bigger and the DEA came on tour full time the older folks said see ya, an headed for the hill's and only came around for west coast shows. It really is a great family. So many wonderful ,kind people who really care about each other , and the rest of humanity, and all life.
It really it sad to see how hard the rest of our species struggle. So unconnected and focused on material things when the kingdom of heavon can be right here on earth.
This is why psychedelics are so important. They can bring about that connection. That realization we are all in this together. We are all brothers and sister's.
Without psychedelics I don't have a lot of hope for are species.

Sorry to derail your question. You'll have to excuse me I just finished my last final and am getting my bachelor's degree. :grin: So am celibrating with a little weed and beer.( I rarely indulge)

Each one of you has the oppertunity to help the revolution.

Jerry Garcia and Ken Kesey believe that the revolution in the 60's was won.
Pandoras box is open. The world didn't turn into an instant psychedelic utopia as some hoped for, but the seeds were sewn. The effect of this is far from over.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineyelimS
bohem

#1531382 - 05/08/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Derail all you want, it's all equally interresting. But I must say I am a bit disapointed... is the 72 in your nick the year you were born? Shame on you for not being a summer of love hippie! :laugh:
j/k of course
Congrats with your degree, and good luck with your work in the future!
And tell the Dead from me that Norway is a wonderful country and they should come here on tour, and I can be their travel guide.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The Thumbprint [Re: yelimS] * 1
    #1531520 - 05/08/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The 72 stands for the first Grateful Dead song I ever heard was while I was on acid and it was chinacatsunflower from ther europe 72 tour
After that chinacat from 72 I was hooked. Hence chinacat 72
During the summer of love i was a developing embryo :grin: 

Edit:spelling

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (05/08/03 04:18 PM)

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: chinacat72] * 4
    #1531613 - 05/08/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

In 68 i went to a Doors show in frisco with my older cousin who bestowed upon me a small piece of paper to taste.I was 10 yrs old........I remember La'merica and all the naked boobies and not much else:grin:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: The Thumbprint [Re: chinacat72] * 2
    #1532048 - 05/08/03 07:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Double Post :grin:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (05/08/03 07:09 PM)

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: chinacat72] * 2
    #1532086 - 05/08/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sure sign of becoming a genuine ole codger..........someteimers:grin:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineAGN
Stranger
Re: The Thumbprint [Re: whiterasta]
    #1533025 - 05/09/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey china cat and white rasta, your words have touched me, i can feel the energy in them. i recently had my fisrt experiences with LSD but they lacked the strength to elimate my ego. after reading your posts i now know how i can bring about a change in this world. i did LSD by myself thinking it was not for my friends, but now i see that LSD is for them. i might just get them asking questions, and finding some answers.

With thumbprints is it like there are no such things as a bad trip, cause your ego is totally gone? like even though someone might fight it at the start eventually theyll just die, like how that bloke who has the organic farm, at the start of his experince he fought and was scared but then everntually he just layed down and died.

There is hope, peace AGN

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: Learyfan]
    #1533536 - 05/09/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've never had a 'thumbprint' per se.. but once my friend had about 50 sugar cubes in aluminum foil, and he fell in a creek... thus turning the sugar cubes into one big glob of sugary acid goodness. I was nominated for clean up, so I had to handle the gloop with my bare hands..putting lumps together into what looked to be sugar cube size... just by handling the sugar mess and putting it into the aluminum foil, I started tripping hard after about 20 minutes.. and I mean hard. That shit absorbed all through my hand and I had one of the most intense trips of my life.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: The [Re: Shroomism]
    #1533680 - 05/09/03 04:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Beautiful, insitefull read, thank you all.

Dipping your thumb into a crsytal vial, now that i havent heard before :grin:
and am not ready for :-( Yet :-)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order