Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: Learyfan]
    #7575142 - 10/30/07 12:42 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Come back to us Chinacat.  :gd_icon:

:gd_icon: Sending out a beacon. Hope you see it.

ChinaCat saved my life.  I didn't/don't know him, he was just an online persona, but he is one of those that saved me from oblivion.

Much love to CC :skittles:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: four20snakeman]
    #7576750 - 10/30/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

many other people have already said it but this was a great post and great read. thanks all

--------------------

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
    #7607373 - 11/07/07 03:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Fuck the thumbprint!

Quote:

chinacat72 said:
The largest dose I ever I.V'd was around 1000mcg.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1365055#Post1365055

OfflineYosefxp
HarmReductionist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hamilton, New Zealand
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: JunkFood]
    #7624166 - 11/12/07 12:12 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That was a great way to spend 2 hours. Fantastic.

--------------------
Well it's alright riding around in the breeze
Well it's alright if you live the life you please
Well it's alright doing the best you can
Well it's alright as long as you lend a hand

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #7624281 - 11/12/07 01:03 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thanks chinacat and all the good posts from all. grateful for this gift of god.

Edited by sleepy (11/12/07 01:46 AM)

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Over there
Re: The [Re: chinacat72]
    #7652404 - 11/18/07 07:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

chinacat72 said:
Quote:

1) What is thumbprinting? (sounds to me that it involves taking a high dose of LSD)

2) What is the point of thumbprinting?

1. It's a little tradition were people who work with crystal stick there thumb in it and lick it off. Dose can be from 50mg-1/2gram. My largest was probably around 1/10th of a gram, though whiterasta has me beat by far as do alot of people. A dose this size is like no other. It's a huge difference between taking a couple mgs. The so called saturation level of LSD is quickly toasted at this level. WR can explian this hypothesis better than me. It's also very exhausting and shattering. Something i'm glad I did, but wouldn't do again.

2. The point. It's mostly a ritual of trust. The upper levels of the LSD network are not like any other. There's a level of dedication and trust between each other that isn't found elsewere. This is why the DEA has been so unsuccessful in busting it up. The purpose of a thumbprint is to make sure that someone is on the level and there heart is in the right place. It's a shattering experiance. To explain anymore I would have to get into the whole LSD family philosophy. Some of it is explained in this thread. If your interested read it, though it appears to have gotten kind of long.

... not to mention that if a DEA agent went ahead with the thumbprint, he would either be so discouraged afterwards and run for the hills, or be completely reformed by the experience, abandon his notion of being an agent, and join the rest of us as a productive member of society. :-)

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: The [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7684318 - 11/27/07 12:59 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've been lurking this site but i really became addicted a few months ago when i read this thread in one chunk. I read up on this after a freak incident I had with some friends on L. I realized I was getting careless with my use so I decided to really educate myself and have done extensive reading since than and have gained an enormous amount of respect for LSD. The concept of thumbprinting is so interesting and this whole thread has changed and educated me as person and for that I am grateful. Chinacat and WR have both lived lives of which i can only dream of. good vibes to all the shroomerites.

Offlinesnowboarder3
Stranger

Re: The [Re: publicenemy1]
    #7684427 - 11/27/07 01:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

this is the single greatest thread.. ever

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: The [Re: snowboarder3]
    #7793466 - 12/23/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

this is a great topic...my strongest acid trip was around the level of 500mcg probably, causing a 12-14 hour trip...nothing like thumbprinting I can imagine. I would like to do it sometime...when I tripped it seemed like I had died and went into limbo or something...I had ceased to exist, I was no more. I could think about nothing but when I would come back to reality. People say that there is no elixir of life, but I disagree. I think it's LSD. Albert Hofmann is over 100 years old. I find that interesting...

He also calls it medicine for the soul...

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Edited by tyler_0_durden (12/23/07 06:44 PM)

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Re: The [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #7793559 - 12/23/07 07:24 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tyler_0_durden said:
this is a great topic...
I think it's LSD.
Albert Hofmann is over 100 years old. I find that interesting...

He also calls it medicine for the soul...

There is no doubt - LSD is one of the greatest discoveries ever.

Offlineyourdouyolayola
Stranger
Re: The [Re: Learyfan]
    #7793802 - 12/23/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That story is just astounding and marvelous. Thanks a lot for sharing...

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: The [Re: yourdouyolayola]
    #7794212 - 12/23/07 11:10 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

What a great thread. I have never done LSD, and most likely never will, but what CC and WR say about thumbprinting is BY FAR the closest description I could ever give of my last shroom trip 6 or so years ago. I did EVERYTHING I could to "go there". And go there I did.

I always understood that the differences between LSD and Mushrooms were quite profound.:shrug:

I suppose that when The Infinite Speaks....

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (12/23/07 11:11 PM)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #7794390 - 12/24/07 12:10 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

wow this a shroomery ultimate thread! yeahahahaha! peazze babay.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: Skunk420]
    #7795636 - 12/24/07 01:08 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It's like LSD takes reality and shows you what you cannot see. Everything changes. You slip into a state of not existing. It's weird...it's like you turned invisible, yet everything else is alive. your mind still feels alive yet that's the only thing keeping you from slipping away. It's like your brain outlived your body. You're dead, yet can go anywhere. It's bizzare. I can only imagine a thumbprint would probably take you to the infinity and beyond, to experience a true OBE and show you what it's like to have your soul leave your body, and then you slowly return to reality, the lasting effect showing you who you truly are...why you look the way you do, why you're alive, and a whole bunch of other things. It causes you to feel like you're meant to be alive on earth, after surviving such a strange ordeal that felt like death. Everything is composed of energy...and you realize that all that energy works itself together in a circle of life, that people grow and grow off the food and energy that everything else provides, then they die, then the process repeats itself, as people grow, while others waste away. It shows you that you are indeed mortal, and that you should make the best of your life, and to become the best person you can possibly be, and to love and be loved. Love is the nutrient of humanity much like water for a flower.

To ask why LSD is illegal, it is highly dangerous. Taking LSD is to agree with saying goodbye to normality for at least half a day. It's a commitment, you need to be ready to take the drug. It isnt a drug that you can shake off. The strongest-willed people will be broken down by it. You cannot act yourself on LSD because you aren't yourself. The higher the dose, the more intense the trip, and your ego is gone. You're gone, basically. Your body remains intact, though you feel like you are just a breeze in the wind. It can be scary. Hell, I got taken aback by it. If you ask me, I wasn't entirely ready, but I'm glad I took LSD. It has shown me the true meaning of life. If you sometimes wonder the answer to that question and cannot find the answer, then you are ready for the LSD experience.

LSD does indeed change as the dose increases. Increase the dose, and the duration increases, as well as the intensity. A thumbprint apparently holds a 5 second onset. Imagine smoking a fat blunt, without the work. You just start feeling really high. After 15 minutes you're experiencing the peak of a 500mcg trip, but it lasts for days onward.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #7795769 - 12/24/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tyler_0_durden said:
To ask why LSD is illegal, it is highly dangerous.

It's only dangerous in the hands of the irresponsible.
No one has ever died as a direct result of LSD consumption.

LSD is illegal because the government wants to maintain control over the people,
and they fear they would lose it if we were to have independent thought.

Offlinetedgar
no onesignificant
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7796190 - 12/24/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

andyistic said:
LSD is illegal because the government wants to maintain control over the people,

Is this the general consensus on these boards? Is this belief truly shared by all/or most of those who frequent the Shroomery, or rather, those who enjoy the use of psychedelics for mind-expanding or spiritual experiences? I'm not saying that I don't disagree, but I'm not quite sure as to what extent I in fact do agree. A statement like the above seems to parallel the sentiment of post-9/11 American conspiracy theories...

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: tedgar]
    #7796248 - 12/24/07 05:25 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

im pretty sure it hits close to home for most people around here. it makes sense, to me anyway...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#7796703 - 12/24/07 09:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

But it's ridiculous. Do you actually think a whole bunch of old hillbillies sit around conspiring about controlling people's thoughts by keeping LSD away?

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7796716 - 12/24/07 09:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

andyistic said:

Yeah I'm sure thats the reason :rolleyes:

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Re: The "THUMBPRINT" [Re: Robo]
    #7796719 - 12/24/07 09:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Omni said:
Yeah I'm sure thats the reason :rolleyes:

I would so love to hear your thoughts on this, oh Wise One. :grin:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder