Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
Mushroom grown direction.
    #1495472 - 04/26/03 11:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Looked at a few of my cases and was happy to see about 12 pins popping out of a clear Tupperware case. Then I noticed when I turned it upside-down there were about 10 pins growing along the bottom of the case sideways, these don't even look like they will pop through the top. Will they rot under there? Is this normal? How can I make them grow upwards? I heard that I should introduce light but others say you don't need light. Also how come most of my pins grow alongside of the casing edge ass none in the middle?

B+/ Rye/ Staw substrate.

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Mushroom grown direction. [Re: nambi]
    #1495521 - 04/26/03 11:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Also how come most of my pins grow alongside of the casing edge ass none in the middle?

Because that is where the moisture is. The middle is too dry.

Quote:

Then I noticed when I turned it upside-down there were about 10 pins growing along the bottom of the case sideways, these don't even look like they will pop through the top. Will they rot under there?

Use an opaque casing container to avoid those pesky bottom & side pins. Most growers seem paranoid about rotting pins but my friend has never had a problem with them. He just lets them grow and when he's ready to harvest the flush he carefully takes the substrate out of the container to pick them.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Edited by dog (04/26/03 11:50 AM)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Mushroom grown direction. [Re: nambi]
    #1495857 - 04/26/03 02:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The light is necessary for pinning that's why you got the pins growing from the bottom side because you have a translucent container. Wrap the container in aluminum foil or something similar to prevent it. I don't know why the pins don't grow from the middle of casing. Maybe your humidity is too low.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Mushroom grown direction. [Re: zeronio]
    #1495875 - 04/26/03 02:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Last "season" I had 98% humidity and mine only grew from the outside.  the culprit, in my opinion, SEVERE infection :frown:  Hopefully better tek and h2o2 will help me out this time :smile: Peace all

Pz

JOhnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation