Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
My Recommended Meditation!
    #1468099 - 04/17/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I suggest taking a benzo and then listening to your favorite tunes, particularely purcussive music such as trance, or house e.t.c.  Then listen and observe all around you.  This can be done in any comfortable position.  Live in the moment, and whatever thoughts come, just watch them because they are a part of you.  Before you know it, you will be experiencing a state of ecstasy!

Have fun!  :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: My Recommended Meditation! [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1468125 - 04/17/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

isnt the feeling down to the benzo?
Rcently ive been putting on headphones and staring at the wall. if i think of anythying, I think of it, I dont try not to think. and if im not thinking of anything then so be it. anyway, very relaxing.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: My Recommended Meditation! [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1468155 - 04/17/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Doing this medication without benzos has great effects also, I was just giving a recommendation of what works for me.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1469037 - 04/17/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have said it before to other students, and i will say it a million times over, you will not get into a controlled state of enlightenemnt by quieting your mind alone, an initial burst, or a couple of days, but this is just left over energy, flashbacks from your phsycadeilc drugs. Sorry but it gets so frustrating, dont hate me.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Edited by ViBrAnT (04/18/03 12:01 AM)

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
Re: My Recommended Meditation! [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1469177 - 04/18/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you teach meditation vibrant??

any recommendations e.g links for starters like me?? :smile:

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Re: My Recommended Meditation! [Re: quemo]
    #1469236 - 04/18/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have just recently started meditating. I'm not sure if it's even technically meditating, as I've never read up on it or tried it before... I just kinda started doing it after a really good shroom trip.

this is what I do:
get very relaxed... usually I'm in the bath or in bed right before i fall asleep. I lay in a comfortable position, on my back, palms toward the sky. close my eyes.
I start off with a prayer, usually one of gratitude.
then I start to take deep breathes as I envision myself somewhere safe and relaxing, it varies from a beach to an open feild to something like a salvador dahli painting. I imagine my soul being cleansed with these intial breathes... then I kinda let my mind wander for a bit
after a while, when I realise I'm fighting to stay in that mode i start to end the 'session'
I always end it with more relaxing breathes. Everyone knows the conventional "Out with the bad, in with the good" but I do just the opposite "In with the bad, out with the good" I sacrifice myself everytime, I breathe in the bad try to absorb all the negative for those not strong enough to handle it... I hold in the bad then I change it from negative to positive with my love, i won't let the breathe out till I feel my own love in my heart for everyone suffering, all the while I envision the particles going from rough, staticy, barbed wire blobs to smooth, light, eluminating balls of goodness and light, then i let the air out slowly, sending good vibes out, I envision ripples around me like when you throw a rock into water.
then I slowly come out of it and then I'm relaxed and i feel good.
for those experienced, knowledgable medidtaters this might have sounded like something totally different from meditation, but I don't know much about it, so I'm sorry if it all sounded stupid, but it helps me.

--------------------

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: My Recommended Meditation! [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1469665 - 04/18/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I have said it before to other students, and i will say it a million times over, you will not get into a controlled state of enlightenemnt by quieting your mind alone, an initial burst, or a couple of days, but this is just left over energy, flashbacks from your phsycadeilc drugs. Sorry but it gets so frustrating, dont hate me.

Are you belittling me? 

Anyways, meditation can be anything from golf to playing video games.  When I get more experienced I will meditate sober every day and fast.  I do know that Crowley says routine is as important as the meditation itself.  If I get you right, I do agree with you and disagree.  :grin: 

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1469823 - 04/18/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My take on meditation:

Meditation does have many forms, but if you want to get the essence of meditation, start by the age old technique of sitting down, crossed legs, mouth and eyes rested, and focusing on your breath. Dont visualize the breath, but focus on the sensation of it coming in and out of your nose.

If you drift off or day dream, gently bring your attention back to your breath, if you get anxious, mad, upset, bored - note all these feelings, but NEVER stop because of them, keep going and instead of pushing the feelings away, just be aware of them.

Be aware of whatever rises.

The purpose of true meditation is to liberate yourself from your mind. Instead of your mind controlling you, you learn your mind can be a tool - and nothing more.

Many people will meditate until they feel completely blissful, but this too should not take the attention away from your breath. Bliss itself, during meditation - is just another thing to observe and let it go on its accord. If you get stuck in bliss - you are missing the truth to meditation.

There are some good books I can recommend for beginning meditators, such as:

Meditation for Dummies by Stephan Bodian
Meditators JOurney of Awakening by Ram Dass

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
Re: My Recommended Meditation! [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1472968 - 04/19/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

thanks people !! :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag