Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Info on PSYCHEDELIC MEDITATION
    #551152 - 02/14/02 01:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I regularly (about 6x/year) meditate using Psychedelics besides my "regular" Sessions. I did alot of reading on it, and feel confident enough to give advice on it for those interested in such a thing.
For me this kind of meditation has been a very powerful thing: not only has it given me tons of insight & did it help my regular meditations along; It also clearly improved my sense of well-being, both in-trip & out.

Most things I've read, tried & thought up all boiled down to the following:
In order to benefit the most, one has to be physically & mentally comfortable and shouldn't feel restrained by your concepts what meditating should be like, since Psychedelic Meditation's an entirely different way of flying, anyway. I've come to believe assuming postures (like Yoga) or directing the way you're going aren't appropriate, and usually distract you from the Inner message the Sacrament provides. My strong advice is to lie down comfortably (in your bed or under the stars), shut out the drive to do stuff mentally most people have and just go with the flow, like the hippies said. In order to be able to really listen to your Mind's interactions with the Sacrament, I suggest you shut out light and all sound that you can avoid. (Sensory Deprivation) If you have access to a "Isolation Tank": go for it as Lilly did. I tried several Psychedelics (like LSD, 2CB & such) and found the Mushroom to be best suited for this kind of Meditation.

A note on dose: even though you usually feel less intoxicated under these conditions than usually, I REALLY recommend that you take a small dose. If you're averagely sensitive I reccommend you take about 0.5gr Liberty Caps or 0.5-1gr Cubies if you like to remain in your Center. (1/60-1/30oz) If you want to venture into stronger areas, I'd suggest you take approximately 1-2gr Liberty Caps or 1-3gr Cubies (1/30-1/10oz)

Now lots of you will laugh out loud at the very thought of imbiding these tiny doses! But if you're about averagely sensitive and generally not bored with yourself, you'll likely find even the first doserange (4-8mg PSB) quite interesting under the circumstances mentioned earlier, while they usually aren't when tripping the usual way I see mentioned at the Shroomery. Remember that Hofmann called the 4-8mg PSB range: "Averagely Psychedelic" & that it falls into the 4-10mg range that Sandoz recommended as an aid in Psychotherapy. This range won't likely lead to strong emotions, "miracles" & the like: It's emphasis is on changed thought-patterns, mild visuals and above all: INSIGHTS. It isn't likely to bowl over even a green newbie without a guide. I used this very range over 20 times and it's been always mild, while 4/5 times you can expect Good Insights that can really boost your Growth & Understanding. Most of the time they're biographical (about you & your past) in nature and generally you think about some trivial things, suddenly see a pattern emerging and find you can "connect the dots" that usually have been ?s.
If you feel Tripping should be you being engulfed by a Universe of Mind, you won't call this Tripping: you'd either call it "enhanced thinking" or "a complete waste of time & shrooms". If that's the case, go for the second range (8-20mgs) & experience a REAL Trip. Of both I most often choose the low range for meditation. When I decide to Trip I take like 1-3grs Liberty Caps usually. (but have done 6gr equiv.)

I suggest you try the low range the 1st time. Should one down a bottle of Jack D. in one gulp just to say you like Whiskey? You may likely see your visuals diminishing after like 1hr to a bare minimum, find you're just fantasizing or like, but hang on: Usually several of the loose ends get tied to provide you with Insight between 2-3hrs after ingestion.

High dose or low dose: I really reccommend you to do some "regular"meditation before you start, or pray to the God(s) you worship. (I do.) This'll usually not only make it work better for you: It'll increase your Growth. If you're religious like me, dont forget to Thank the God(s) afterwards!!!

To summarize my recommendations & add a few:

1...Prepare.
2...Ingest the low dose of Mushrooms that works best for you. (bare minimum!)
3...Lie down in a Dark & Quiet place. (Starry night or Bedroom are best)
4...Try to feel ALL of it, think around but let the Mushroom lead you.
5...After like 3-5hrs end it in your preferred way.
6...Write down what you gained & ponder that. Then put it away.
7...A week later, write down what you then feel was most important.
8...Compare the 2 and draw your conclusions.

I hope you liked reading this & that I have inspired you to give Psychedelic Meditation a try, even if you decide to move in an entirely different direction.
comments/suggestions anyone?

MAY THE GODS BE WITH YOU !

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSombra
stranger thanyou

Loc: Inner Space
Re: Info on PSYCHEDELIC MEDITATION [Re: Asante]
    #551340 - 02/14/02 03:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

When meditating with a plant companion :smile: I have also found that low doses are more conducive to bring insights and I tenf to not get overwhelmed by the power of the plant.
I have also found that certain mushies tend to not be very beneficial for meditating ( at least for me).  But this may be due to not enough experience with dosages and those shrooms.
I have taken to use Matais Romero combined with Salvia Div. either chewed or smoked and this has taken my meditation to another level .. I get into that sweet headspace and my body and mind relax.
Though I do experiment with various yoga postures and Chi Kung movements I have found that simply laying down in  the evening in a wooded area, offering my gratitude to the Life Force,bless then ingest my allies, and just let it guide me seems to be the best method for me.

Thanks for posting your methods. BTW how long have you been combining your meditation techniques with psychedelics? What ( if any) changes have you noticed due to these practices?

peace
Sombra 

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Info on PSYCHEDELIC MEDITATION [Re: Sombra]
    #552238 - 02/15/02 08:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanx for sharing, Sombra!

I'm into Major Psychedelics since '93 & started combining them with Meditation about 4 years ago.
Before that I had this feeling, inspired by several books & comments I got, that combining Majors with Meditation wasn't a good idea.
Now I find I've wasted some valuable years, but still meditate without 'em too.

Benefits? Well: most importantly... I really got to know myself & what makes me Tick alot better. I think I got BIG insights on the fabric of the Universe, but having also learned that there might only be PERSONAL truths, I didn't become this High-And-Mighty type alot of (regular) Meditators I know became.
Alot of meditation seems to result in Egos inflating instead of Consciousness-expansion...

I've also found I gained a higher level of Peace with just about anything & that I generally feel better. Some of those "petite"-dose thingies were MORE IMPRESSIVE than regular Sessions, not by their Psychedelic Power but because of the Insights gained & retained.

Additional tip: Try a good dose of Grass & then apply same meditation techniques. You probably never realized good ole THC had THAT kind of power!
Hope to have helped!

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #552389 - 02/15/02 12:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks alot - both of you :smile: :smile:  :smile:  :smile: :smile:  :smile:  :smile: :smile:  :smile: 

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #552838 - 02/15/02 07:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've learned a lot about myself from psychedelic meditation with mushrooms and marijuana(also Syrian Rue sometimes). I like heavy doses. I like the shrooms to take control. I sit there meditating, and I can feel my spirit.

Once I feel my spirit, I try to figure out how I use it in the real world. I think of a situation that makes me uncomfortable in sober life, and take control. I really can't explain everything that I do, but all I can say is that I just take total control of my mind, body and spirit, and it makes me realize how much of my soul I can put into everything. Like I said I can't exlain what I do, so i'll stop now.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Syrian Rue

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology