Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: I wonder how classical music would have sounded... [Re: sunset_mission] * 1
    #14439941 -

sunset_mission said:
Awesome! Thanks chief :kenthumbup:

Y U NO
:yuno:
POST MOAR



Let there be MOAR! :kingtard:

Ladies and gentlemen, E.S. Posthumus:





^The name of this album is Unearthed.

And some Gramatik for good measure:



:datass:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I wonder how classical music would have sounded... [Re: Dr. McNinja]
    #14440015 -

twighead said:
Yeah Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice wasn't too bad... the outro sounds fucking insane :gameover:

I've never seen a lot of the chords they use... very tasty dissonance  :awegroove:


That'll be an insane tattoo you have to post it when you get (I know you will...)
Are you going to entwine it with their equally chilling artwork?



The best song from SMRC, and I think tabs exist for it:

Deathspell Omega - Carnal Malefactor


They even throw in a long section of gregorian chanting... so majestic.

And yeah, I plan on getting the words SI MONUMENTUM REQUIRES CIRCUMSPICE on the side of my forearm, on my right bicep I plan on getting the SMRC cover art



Unrelated but I'm also getting नमस्ते (namaste - the God in me bows to the God in you, the hindu lettering though) on my right forearm side and on the inner forearm I'm getting Alex Grey's Theologue painting:



But yeah I love how Deathspell Omega utilize atonality and dissonance ALOT in their music (valid musical expressions but RARELY used to the extent they do and so excellently) and I've always been a huge fan of dissonance in music :psychsplit:



Overmind said:
sunset_mission said:
Awesome! Thanks chief :kenthumbup:

Y U NO
:yuno:
POST MOAR



Let there be MOAR! :kingtard:

Ladies and gentlemen, E.S. Posthumus:





^The name of this album is Unearthed.

And some Gramatik for good measure:



:datass:



I.. I love you :gameover:

Edited by sunset_mission (05/12/11 12:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I wonder how classical music would have sounded... [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14440118 -

Downloading E.S. Posthumus as we speak! :awegroove:

I reaaaaaaaally dig music that makes excellent use of gregorian chanting like that, do you know any more?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I wonder how classical music would have sounded... [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14440302 -

Immediate Music may be worth a look:



Not quite as epic as E.S. Posthumus in my opinion and sometimes strays into "trailer music" territory :shrug:

I'll have a look around and see if I come up with anything better

:highfive:


--------------------

Edited by Dr. McNinja (05/12/11 01:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I wonder how classical music would have sounded... [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14448661 -

sunset_mission said:
Downloading E.S. Posthumus as we speak! :awegroove:

I reaaaaaaaally dig music that makes excellent use of gregorian chanting like that, do you know any more?



Check out E Nomine:

E Nomine - Vater Unser


E.S. Posthumus is a badass band indeed... I also really dug the Grammatik song someone posted; do they have any other songs like that one?


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is classical music good for your brain? LearyfanS 2,077 13 04/16/03 01:54 PM
by Viveka
* Composing music in your dreams bandaid 1,449 8 11/23/03 06:58 AM
by OldSpice
* Music Scene Anonymous 1,707 11 05/28/03 02:13 PM
by blackgoat
* Looking for classical musical recommendations
( 1 2 all )
Adom 3,896 28 06/18/09 07:51 PM
by the bizzle
* I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
wecontrolsweetfreedom 16,803 93 09/06/16 08:59 PM
by Jokeshopbeard
* RunDMT's Music suggestion thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
RunDMT 30,192 133 09/11/07 04:08 PM
by Shroomism
* what kinda music do yall suckaz like!?
( 1 2 all )
ROLLIN ball 5,610 25 12/01/02 09:46 PM
by Superunknown
* No music.. really scary oskar 1,330 13 09/24/03 03:11 PM
by Funguy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,534 topic views. 2 members, 26 guests and 192 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.