Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Democrats vs. Republicans
    #1334111 - 02/25/03 10:50 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

the republicans stand up for people's economic freedom, but they don't stand up as much as dems do for personal freedoms (with the exception of the right to self defense).

democrats often seem to do a better job of standing up for personal freedoms, but don't respect economic freedom.

neither side respects personal freedom very much at all.  :mad:
i like the libertarian party.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Democrats vs. Republicans [Re: ]
    #1334162 - 02/25/03 11:00 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, I think the Republicans stand as much for personal resposibility as the Dems do for the lack of it.

Quote:

i like the libertarian party.

Yes.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Democrats vs. Republicans [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1334406 - 02/25/03 12:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

actually political ideas shouldn't be grouped into forms of thinking and should just be based on the individuals stance on key issues instead of grouping everyone to peer pressure others not to speakup or to conform on certain issues. 2 party system is quieting the young's voice to speakout.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Democrats vs. Republicans [Re: ]
    #1336347 - 02/26/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I call them both either Republicrats or Demopublicans, depending on my mood at the time.

Both parties have bundled the country up into a big sack, tossed it into the trunk of their car, and are heading for a big-ass ole cliff, just like in that movie "Thelma and Louise". The difference is that when a Democrat drives, the gas pedal is flat to the floor. When a Republican drives, he sticks to the speed limit.

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion