Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePrea51
Stranger
God = energy.....soul = photon?
    #13174428 - 09/10/10 09:22 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I came up with all of this after a single lsd trip lol

Chess

light side - heaven
king - god/father/creator
queen - mother/holy spirit/love/energy
bishop - son of god/jesus
horses - angels
castle - kingdom of heaven
pawns - souls

dark side - earth
king - government
queen - money/materialism
bishop - son of man/jesus
horses - law enforcers
castles - buildings/machines
pawns - civilians

The Greek alphabet is an essential part of math/physics/engineering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega
The term Alpha and Omega comes from the phrase "I am the alpha and the omega" (Koiné Greek: τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω), an appellation of Jesus[1] in the Book of Revelation (verses 1:8, 21:6, and 22:13)

Its meaning is found in the fact that alpha (Α) and omega (Ω) are respectively the first and last letters of the Classical (Ionic) Greek alphabet. This would be similar to referring to someone in English as the "A and Z". Thus, twice when the title appears it is further clarified with the additional title "the beginning and the end" (21:6, 22:13)

I believe God and energy are one in the same
In physics, energy (from the Greek ἐνέργεια - energeia, "activity, operation", from ἐνεργός - energos, "active, working"[1]) is a quantity that can be assigned to any particle, object, or system of objects as a consequence of its physical state. Different forms of energy include kinetic, potential, thermal, gravitational, sound, elastic, light, andelectromagnetic energy. The forms of energy are often named after a related force. German physicist Hermann von Helmholtz established that all forms of energy are equivalent - energy in one form can disappear but the same amount of energy will appear in another form.[2] Energy is subject to a conservation law. Energy is a scalar physical quantity. In the International System of Units (SI), energy is measured in joules, but in some fields other units such as kilowatt-hours and kilocalories are also used.

The soul exists as a photon. I am not sure how though. Perhaps your conscious self is transferred to a photon at death. The photons that don't exist as souls exist as god.
In physics, a photon is an elementary particle, the quantum of the electromagnetic interaction and the basic unit of light and all other forms of electromagnetic radiation. It is also the force carrier for the electromagnetic force. The effects of this force are easily observable at both the microscopic and macroscopic level, because the photon has no rest mass; this allows for interactions at long distances. Like all elementary particles, photons are governed by quantum mechanics and will exhibit wave–particle duality — they exhibit properties of both waves and particles. For example, a single photon may be refracted by a lens or exhibit wave interferencewith itself, but also act as a particle giving a definite result when quantitative momentum is measured.

God existing as pure energy would also explain how its omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, but does not impact our free will because we control our own energy. In order to exist as energy, God would only have to use a certain amount of itself to input energy into the universe, while keeping the rest of itself in heaven. "A photon has enough energy to excite a single molecule in a photo receptor cell in your eye"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoreceptor_cell
A photoreceptor, or photoreceptor cell, is a specialized type of neuron (nerve cell) found in the eye's retina that is capable of phototransduction. The great biological importance of photoreceptors is that as cells they convert light (electromagnetic radiation) into the beginning of a chain of biological processes. More specifically, the photoreceptor absorbs photons from the field of view, and through a specific and complex biochemical pathway, signals this information through a change in its membrane potential.

I have read some near death experiences, and they describe people being drawn towards the light. Energy would be able to exert a gravitational force on a photon. They also sometimes describe looking down at their body and feeling weightless, and having a panoramic perspective of their environment. The soul existing as a photon would explain all of these things. A photon would also be able to receive thoughts/words/information via radio waves, and of course could receive images/scenery via light waves.

The law of conservation of energy is an empirical law of physics. It states that the total amount of energy in an isolated system remains constant over time (is said to be conservedover time). A consequence of this law is that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only be transformed from one state to another.

All of the universes (yes I think there are multiple ones) exist as some type of conscious, living organism
In biology, an organism is any contiguous living system (such as animal, plant, fungus, or micro-organism). In at least some form, all organisms are capable of response to stimuli, reproduction, growth and development, and maintenance of homoeostasis as a stable whole. An organism may either be unicellular (single-celled) or be composed of, as in humans, many trillions of cells grouped into specialized tissues and organs. The term multicellular (many-celled) describes any organism made up of more than one cell.

Think of God as energy and then consider the definition of a deity
A deity[1] is a postulated preternatural or supernatural immortal being, who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, and respected by believers, often religiously referred to as a god.
Deities are depicted in a variety of forms, but are also frequently expressed as having human or animal form. Some faiths and traditions consider it blasphemous to imagine or depict the deity as having any concrete form. They are usually immortal, and are commonly assumed to have personalities and to possess consciousness, intellects, desires, and emotions similar to those of humans. Such natural phenomena as lightning, floods, storms, other 'acts of God', and miracles are attributed to them, and they may be thought to be the authorities or controllers of various aspects of human life (such as birth or the afterlife). Some deities are asserted to be the directors of time and fate itself, to be the givers of human law and morality, to be the ultimate judges of human worth and behavior, and to be the designers and creators of the Earth or the universe.

Einstein's theory that energy and matter are basically one in the same
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass–energy_equivalence

How does energy describe itself?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am
God revealed himself to his people Israel by making his name known to them. A name expresses a person's essence and identity and the meaning of this person's life. God has a name; he is not an anonymous force. To disclose one's name is to make oneself known to others; in a way it is to hand oneself over by becoming accessible, capable of being known more intimately and addressed personally.

In revealing his mysterious name, YHWH ("I AM HE WHO IS", "I AM WHO AM" or "I AM WHO I AM"), God says who he is and by what name he is to be called. This divine name is mysterious just as God is mystery. It is at once a name revealed and something like the refusal of a name, and hence it better expresses God as what he is - infinitely above everything that we can understand or say: he is the "hidden God", his name is ineffable, and he is the God who makes himself close to men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method
Aristotle attributed to Socrates the discovery of the method of definition and induction, which he regarded as the essence of the scientific method. Perhaps oddly, however, Aristotle also claimed that this method is not suitable for ethics

I believe this god/energy is manifesting itself through technology and 2012. I am not sure what is going to happen.

December 21, 2012 (12-21-12), a computer is off at 0 (sleeping/subconscious) and on at 1 (awake/conscious). Perhaps 2 is some super/collected consciousness.

I believe it will be an extension upon The Renaissance
The Renaissance (French for "rebirth"; Italian: Rinascimento, from ri- "again" and nascere "be born")[1] was a cultural movement that spanned roughly the 14th to the 17th century, beginning in Florence in the Late Middle Ages and later spreading to the rest of Europe. The term is also used more loosely to refer to the historic era, but since the changes of the Renaissance were not uniform across Europe, this is a general use of the term. As a cultural movement, it encompassed a resurgence of learning based on classical sources, the development of linear perspective in painting, and gradual but widespread educational reform. Traditionally, this intellectual transformation has resulted in the Renaissance being viewed as a bridge between the Middle Ages and the Modern era. Although the Renaissance saw revolutions in many intellectual pursuits, as well as social and political upheaval, it is perhaps best known for its artistic developments and the contributions of such polymaths as Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo, who inspired the term "Renaissance man".[2][3]
There is a general, but not unchallenged, consensus that the Renaissance began in Florence, Tuscany in the 14th century.[4] Various theories have been proposed to account for its origins and characteristics, focusing on a variety of factors including the social and civic peculiarities of Florence at the time; its political structure; the patronage of its dominant family, the Medici;[5] and the migration of Greek scholars and texts to Italy following the Fall of Constantinople at the hands of the Ottoman Turks.[6][7][8]
The Renaissance has a long and complex historiography, and there has been much debate among historians as to the usefulness of Renaissance as a term and as a historical delineation.[9] Some have called into question whether the Renaissance was a cultural "advance" from the Middle Ages, instead seeing it as a period of pessimism and nostalgia for the classical age,[10] while others have instead focused on the continuity between the two eras.[11] Indeed, some have called for an end to the use of the term, which they see as a product of presentism – the use of history to validate and glorify modern ideals.[12] The word Renaissance has also been used to describe other historical and cultural movements, such as the Carolingian Renaissance and the Renaissance of the 12th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes
Only one pope left, ironically I had 112 friend on facebook when i wrote this
Quote:

The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, is a list of 112 short phrases in Latin. They purport to describe each of the Roman Catholic popes (along with a few anti-popes), beginning with Pope Celestine II (elected in 1143) and concluding with a pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome.

Quote:

The prophecy was first published in 1595 by Arnold de Wyon, a Benedictine historian, as part of his book Lignum Vitæ. Wyon attributed the list to Saint Malachy, the 12th‑century bishop of Armagh in Northern Ireland. According to the traditional account, in 1139, Malachy was summoned to Rome by Pope Innocent II. While in Rome, Malachy purportedly experienced a vision of future popes, which he recorded as a sequence of cryptic phrases. This manuscript was then deposited in the Roman Archive, and thereafter forgotten about until its rediscovery in 1590.
On the other hand, Bernard of Clairvaux's biography of Malachy makes no mention of the prophecy, nor is it mentioned in any record prior to its 1595 publication.[1] Some sources, including the most recent editions of the Catholic Encyclopedia, suggest that the prophecy is a late 16th‑century forgery. Some have suggested that it was created by Nostradamus and was credited to Saint Malachy so the purported seer would not be blamed for the destruction of the papacy. Supporters, such as author John Hogue, who wrote a popular book titled The Last Pope about the claims, generally argue that even if the author of the prophecies is uncertain, the predictions are still valid.

He will reign during the ultimate persecution of the Holy Roman Church
112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the fearsome Judge will judge His people. The End

Quote:

Persecution is the systematic mistreatment of an individual or group by another group. The most common forms are religious persecution, ethnic persecution, and political persecution, though there is naturally some overlap between these terms.

I believe the judging comes from one's self and how they treated people (as we are all a part of w/e this being/creator is), and that's why Judge and His is capitalized. There is one god/creator/arechetype/philosopher/mathematician/physicist/playwrite/actor etc that we are all modeled after. So when you do wrong to others, you are literally harming both yourself and god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedean_spiral
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avocation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Age
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Coming_of_Christ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illuminatus!_Trilogy

http://bible.cc/revelation/8-8.htm
The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood

Annuit cœptis (in Anglicized Latin pronounced /ˈænjuːɪt ˈsɛptɨs/) is one of two mottos (the other being Novus ordo seclorum) on the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States. Taken from the Latin words annuo (nod, approve) and cœpta (beginnings, undertakings), it is literally translated as "He approves (or has approved) [our] undertaking(s)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_ordo_seclorum
Now comes the final era of the Sibyl's song;
The great order of the ages is born afresh.
And now justice returns, honored rules return;
now a new lineage is sent down from high heaven

The word sibyl probably comes (via Latin) from the Greek word sibylla, meaning prophetess. The earliest oracular seeresses known as the sibyls of antiquity, "who admittedly are known only through legend"[1] prophesied at certain holy sites, under the divine influence of a deity, originally— at Delphi and Pessinos— one of the chthonic earth-goddesses. Later in antiquity, sibyls wandered from place to place.

Edited by Prea51 (09/10/10 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: God = energy [Re: Prea51]
    #13174456 - 09/10/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That's nice.:jennajameson:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflinePrea51
Stranger
Re: God = energy [Re: Icelander]
    #13174496 - 09/10/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This pretty much sums up my acid trip

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather.”
-Bill Hicks

Edited by Prea51 (09/10/10 12:01 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: God = energy [Re: Prea51]
    #13174619 - 09/10/10 10:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

They could make a psychiatry sub-forum...:strokebeard:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? (moved) [Re: Prea51]
    #13174644 - 09/10/10 10:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology.

Reason:
This is better suited to the S&M forum. You'll get a better response there.

OfflinePrea51
Stranger
Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? (moved) [Re: Diploid]
    #13175601 - 09/10/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

no more responses? :frown:

Quote:

This figure consisting of three circles and a line is automatically and subconsciously recognized as a "face," despite having only a few basic features of an actual face. This is an example of the algorithms the brain uses for facial recognition working, in a sense, too well.

3 dimensions of space, 1 of time

brain - motherboard
eyes - camera lens
ears - microphone
mouth - speaker

Edited by Prea51 (09/10/10 03:09 PM)

Offlineelectricfeel
wild wallflower
Female

Loc: sinking into the center
    #13177804 - 09/10/10 10:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

it's true, god is energy.
was never created, can never be destroyed.
always was, is now, and always will be.
is everything that is, including us.
it's all god, we're all god.... materializing.
and we are literally energy materialized.
but underneath it all, we're just that energy, that pure consciousness, which is god/energy.
on one of my mushroom trips it was so clear to me, i concluded, "god is the material the universe is made of."

so basically. just wanted to let you know i feel what you're saying because it looks like you put a lot of effort into writing this. although, the concept of energy being god has been the foundation of various spiritual traditions since ancient times. i'm not sure why the idea is so rejected by a lot of people i've talked to though, since it's almost sheer science.

--------------------

OfflinePrea51
Stranger
Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? (moved) [Re: electricfeel]
    #13179076 - 09/11/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

electricfeel said:
so basically. just wanted to let you know i feel what you're saying

OfflinePrea51
Stranger
    #13185689 - 09/12/10 04:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#13188711 - 09/13/10 10:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i'd say this is more a philosophy topic. than a spiritual/mystical thang

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

OfflinesysD
this side up.

Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? [Re: Prea51] * 2
    #13716315 - 01/01/11 06:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

uhh, dude?
I think you've done too much 'cid.

I only read half of your post before I started repeatedly face-palming.
Photons receiving radio signals?  What?
Radio waves ARE photons, man.

You've inserted random drug-induced ravings into scientific fact, possibly with the hope that those without a background in physical and natural sciences will accept everything you have written as truth due to your use of jargon.

Many, many religious nuts do this.
Its all smoke and mirrors. 

Those who intend to explain God through science, or even those who try to prove that God and science are the same thing, are self-deluded. 

They attempt to twist empirical evidence to fit their reality aka delusion.  It is real to them, no doubt.  But one man's reality is often just a fantasy. 

Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?  Same type of idea. 
If you believe that something is true, or that something will happen, you will find a way to make it happen or find a way to "prove it" (at least to yourself if no one else), consciously or sub-consciously. 

Advice: 
Don't think too much about natural science while on psychedelics.  These drugs are better suited for spiritual musings.

--------------------
repeat after me: "i am a strong black woman"

"awwwww, shucky-ducky!"

Offlinemv356
Stranger

Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? [Re: sysD]
    #13716578 - 01/01/11 07:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i think energy is a physics term for understanding the universe in terms of concepts, which is really impossible.

god transcends this place

OfflinesysD
this side up.

Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? [Re: mv356]
    #13717336 - 01/01/11 11:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i think you've been raised in a culture that pushes the whole god concept.  which, really, is any culture at all. 

there's no proof at all that god exists.  that statement itself seems to drive the religious to believing in him more though....

why does god have to exist?

--------------------

"awwwww, shucky-ducky!"

OfflinesysD
this side up.

#13717369 - 01/01/11 11:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

double post, sorry.

i personally view any pro-deity argument as conjecture, and nothing more.  i don't mean to be condescending or rude. 
these are simply my personal beliefs, and i recognize that others may not share them.
however, i like to share them :smile:

--------------------

"awwwww, shucky-ducky!"

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
    #13718373 - 01/02/11 09:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

why does god have to exist?

It's not that '' it has to exist '' but from our experience as human observers, nothing '' is '' without it being conceived first and so, using that logic, how can the universe and life be without having been conceived in the first place? It's actually pretty logical if you are able to deactivate pre-programmed atheism 1.0 from your motherboard.

That said, I agree it doesn't prove anything but for many people this is enough to suggest that since our reality functions through this very obvious law; causality, it goes that the very reality itself had to be born from the same protocol.

And if you look at what lies benath ( energy ) it is quite easy to assume that what the ancients were refering to when talking about '' God '' was, in fact, energy, photons, what have you. What the OP was basically trying to get at is that science is getting us closer and closer to an objective understanding of the mecanisms of existence. An understanding stripped of mythical musings and blind faith.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? [Re: solstice]
    #13718410 - 01/02/11 09:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm... wut kame first REALITY or Mind hmmmm

:hmm:

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? [Re: Envix]
    #13718473 - 01/02/11 09:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:
hmmm... wut kame first REALITY or Mind hmmmm

:hmm:

Well, I'd say reality or at the very least, the universe and matter because I cannot conceive of bacteria and amphibians actually possessing a mind that would be responsible for reality itself. From what we know, the mind had to evolve along with the rest, species and their bodies, and become the sophisticated tool it is now, a tool that enables us to be self-conscious and keep evolving.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Edited by solstice (01/02/11 09:37 AM)

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#13718513 - 01/02/11 09:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i think they exist codependent of each other.  and always have.. but thats just me :shrug:

maybe there was a time when there was matter without mind. but what would that matter?

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Re: God = energy.....soul = photon? [Re: Envix]
    #13718545 - 01/02/11 09:56 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:
i think they exist codependent of each other.  and always have.. but thats just me :shrug:

maybe there was a time when there was matter without mind. but what would that matter?

Well, to understand where we're going, we have to know where we came from, don't you agree?

What I meant is that I cannot conceive of an all-pervasive mind, source of everything, making consciousness possible by generating unconscious creatures eventually evolving into fully conscious ones, it just doesn't make sense. How can consciousness become un-conscious of itself by living the lives of bacteria for aeons and then evolve into, once again, consciousness via mankind?

--------------------

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#13718597 - 01/02/11 10:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

just because bacteria doesnt have the same consciousness as man doesn't mean it doesnt have consciousness of some form

mayb they have consciousness that extends into another dimension of existence

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order