Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
the feeding of the ego
    #1292606 - 02/09/03 05:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Last night I went bowling with a bunch of friends..( I was pretty high )
So I layed back and sat there the whole time, enjoying watching how things works, and trying to understand the reasons for peoples actions and such...So I was in a meditavive vegetable state most of the night just sitting there...Thinking about how most stuff we do, talking, entertainment, music, congratulating others is just ego feeding. And our ego is what keeps us alive in this society.

Because without an ego, we coulden't live like this at all...I think we'd just all be in a state of enegry. Which we call death, which actually the transition of our ego to the state which it orignally came from. When a physical condition causes our brain to die somehow or another, our ego goes back into its orignal state. And our physical body dies. Unconciousness. And this is a complex rendering from our brain of enegry. How our brain came to exist to make that enegry into this, concious form, render this enegry into life,existance, ego and EVERYTHING, is the question of evolution.

Mitchnast told me about some of these ideas. And this is just my effoert to try to understand what he was saying..

Thats why death is needed, because without death it'd be pretty hard to know were living! And what would be the point of it, it wouldent work at all. Life without death is just enegry, the state we came from, and go back into. Death is make this existance real. And mabye this, everything. This amazing existince how I can't even comprehend how complex and how everything ties together is what we call God? God is existance. The ultimate compilation of enegry into a form of conciousness, reality, ego, the brain, and absoulety everything. Mabye that is god. Mabye EVERYTHING is god which in turn, mabye we are god?

And this existance is like the ultimate mathimatical equasion enegry. Our brain and in turn our ego translate this ultimate equasion into our reality and life. Were alive, thats amazing. The complexity of life.

When somebody got a strike or a spare when we were bowling I noticed how people got excited...How people congratulated the person...Which is just a boost of the ego, playing with our variety of emotions,And. The music playing and people bouncing around to it. Just playing with the ego, which makes existance for most worthwhile. Without ego, there is no concious existance.

Our society is a way of living that we evolved to find is a good way of living on this world were concious of. With consumerism running everything, which in turn is the jobs people work at, the schooling is the teaching and molding of how to live in our society and be an active part of it. Society means a way of living on this planet that makes it so we can maintain our physical selves, which in turn our conciousness.

Time, without time, this society we live in doesn't really work. Time is order, without time our society couldent work, thats mabye eventually how it evolved? The needing of order in a society for it to work. Everything, is to keep us here and allow us to exist concious and perceiveing this reality. And this reality is the ultimate equasion, like i said before, which allows us to exist conciously in this reality. Time is what we have to make existance real. Without the label as death.

We can't live forever in this physical form, the living between birth and death is time. Thats what makes it real...

Atoms are eternal, so in turn, we are too, and so is everything. Because all matter is made of atoms. This is that enegry. This is that one. Life, conciousness, is the ultimate, but we are still what we came from, and death is the transation of our concious state going back to the state which we orignally came from. So time was just an illusion to make our living real. There is no time. Its just an illusion, like living, produced by our brain.

I was thinking abot karma....Would being mellow and not interacting with people too much when you don't have to..And feeding the karma system, be the ultimate way of life? Karma exists because of the ego. When there is no ego, there is no karma. But there is ego, so there is karma, so could I tame my ego, and take part in this existance, without comunicating meaningless conversation often. And basically getting no good or bad karma, by trying to remain in a constant mellow state, and boost my karma by being generous and kind to people when I do talk or conversate?

What kinda things boost karma? Things of the physical world only? Like me giving somebody some money they want to buy them a snack? Will that boost my karma? Or does me realising the simple meaningless conversation, and when these people talk to me, Im always nice to them and go along with what their saying, just to help their ego...

Edited by NiGGy (02/09/03 08:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: NiGGy]
    #1293076 - 02/09/03 08:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Wow... That was quite the B.M. of the brain, there! :laugh:

I've been in those situations before, where I am with other people but in the mood where I just sit back, observe and analyze everything that is going on instead of really partaking.

Peronally, I love to have my ego fed.  To have my ego be fed means I must have made some sort of worthy achievement.  I take pride in any achievement I make, and think it is good to be proud of your personal strengths.  What type of person is not proud of themselves?  What type of person does not want to achieve the most he can achieve?

I'm not sure about this part you wrote here, though:

Because without an ego, we coulden't live like this at all...I think we'd just all be in a state of enegry. Which we call death, which actually the transition of our ego to the state which it orignally came from. When a physical condition causes our brain to die somehow or another, our ego goes back into its orignal state. And our physical body dies. Unconciousness.

We do not have egos as soon as we are born.  They are something that develops as we grow older.  Most animals do not have egos.  Yet infants and animals are still alive and fully conscious.  You are right, though, that we could never live the way we live without egos.  Egos have made so many things possible.  They are an amazing thing, yet are the source of so much evil in the world as well.

Anyway... There's no way I can respond to everything you wrote.  It was quite the conglomeration of concepts!  You have an interesting mind.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

#1293088 - 02/09/03 08:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

..( I was pretty high )
meditavive vegetable state

i think you've got a little to learn about meditation.

And our ego is what keeps us alive in this society

i disagree. please define "ego".

Because without an ego, we coulden't live like this at all...I think we'd just all be in a state of enegry. Which we call death, which actually the transition of our ego to the state which it orignally came from. When a physical condition causes our brain to die somehow or another, our ego goes back into its orignal state. And our physical body dies. Unconciousness. And this is a complex rendering from our brain of enegry. How our brain came to exist to make that enegry into this, concious form, render this enegry into life,existance, ego and EVERYTHING, is the question of evolution.

now... none of this makes very much sense to me, but here's my take. the ego is a psychological phenomenon. it is an illusory and false distinction between self and other. while good at keeping us alive long enough to reproduce during the hunter-gatherer days, it is now only a source of confusion, and consequently, suffering.

birth and death are misnomers because birth implies something coming from nothing and death implies something becoming nothing. in reality, birth and death are only transitions, just matter and energy in motion, which is all we are. the only thing that "dies" at death is ego.

Thats why death is needed, because without death it'd be pretty hard to know were living! And what would be the point of it, it wouldent work at all. Life without death is just enegry, the state we came from, and go back into. Death is make this existance real. And mabye this, everything. This amazing existince how I can't even comprehend how complex and how everything ties together is what we call God? God is existance. The ultimate compilation of enegry into a form of conciousness, reality, ego, the brain, and absoulety everything. Mabye that is god. Mabye EVERYTHING is god which in turn, mabye we are god?

death is not real (unless you're an ego). i think you're somewhat right about God though.

And this existance is like the ultimate mathimatical equasion enegry. Our brain and in turn our ego translate this ultimate equasion into our reality and life. Were alive, thats amazing. The complexity of life.

what?

When somebody got a strike or a spare when we were bowling I noticed how people got excited...How people congratulated the person...Which is just a boost of the ego, playing with our variety of emotions,And. The music playing and people bouncing around to it. Just playing with the ego, which makes existance for most worthwhile. Without ego, there is no concious existance.

again, i think you need to rethink your definition of ego. i will tell you that for one, the ego is the root of suffering.

Our society is a way of living that we evolved to find is a good way of living on this world were concious of.

what?

With consumerism running everything, which in turn is the jobs people work at, the schooling is the teaching and molding of how to live in our society and be an active part of it. Society means a way of living on this planet that makes it so we can maintain our physical selves, which in turn our conciousness.

the first sentence here is an incoherent fragment. society is not about maintenence of ourselves, but maintenence of the group. consumerism runs the economy, and to some extent, our culture... but it doesn't come close to running "everything". again... all i can say is "what?".

Time, without time, this society we live in doesn't really work. Time is order, without time our society couldent work, thats mabye eventually how it evolved? The needing of order in a society for it to work. Everything, is to keep us here and allow us to exist concious and perceiveing this reality. And this reality is the ultimate equasion, like i said before, which allows us to exist conciously in this reality. Time is what we have to make existance real. Without the label as death.

the only time is Now. there have been societies in the past who spoke in languages where there were no words for time. no words for, and hence no experience of, such notions of "past" or "future". they worked just fine. time to make existance real? again... the only time is Now.

We can't live forever in this physical form, the living between birth and death is time. Thats what makes it real...

you can't live for more than an instant in *this* physical form.

I was thinking abot karma....Would being mellow and not interacting with people too much when you don't have to..And feeding the karma system, be the ultimate way of life? Karma exists because of the ego. When there is no ego, there is no karma. But there is ego, so there is karma, so could I tame my ego, and take part in this existance, without comunicating meaningless conversation often. And basically getting no good or bad karma, by trying to remain in a constant mellow state, and boost my karma by being generous and kind to people when I do talk or conversate?

karma has nothing to do with the ego. karma is the simple idea of cause and effect. when you do something, it has consequences. what goes around comes around. it's alot less abstract and mystical than most people think. good comes from doing good things.

what a crazy, crazy post man  :tongue:

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1293098 - 02/09/03 08:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good post, I as well have these states. I havn't met a friend that does this, this often makes me very lonely when I do this in public.

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: ]
    #1293113 - 02/09/03 08:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think the word ego is causing me problems...I probably am not using the right words im looking to use alot of the time here... Just my ramblings of trying to understand stuff I though of last night.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1293569 - 02/09/03 11:43 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i think you've got a little to learn about meditation.

Meditation can be many different things to different people. I personally don't think meditation is sitting in a lotus postion repeating the the same syllable over and over again, trying to achieve some mindstate. That is the most boring thing you can do IMO, a waste of energy. Meditation to me is being aware of your environment, your thoughts, and your actions with relation to another in your everyday, mundane life. Niggy's definition of meditation is equally valid, there is no such things as a correct way to meditate.

Anonymous

Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: chodamunky]
    #1293638 - 02/09/03 12:52 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Meditation can be many different things to different people.

i agree

I personally don't think meditation is sitting in a lotus postion repeating the the same syllable over and over again, trying to achieve some mindstate.

it certainly can be, although the word "trying" does throw it off a bit.

Meditation to me is being aware of your environment, your thoughts, and your actions with relation to another in your everyday, mundane life.

use only the first 2 words of your definition and you've got it.

there is no such things as a correct way to meditate.

actually there are very many correct ways to meditate. meditation means being calm, alert, and aware. it is being focused and paying attention. it is not being "stoned and vegetative".

p.s. i do realize that many of my posts come off like I "know" I'm right and others who disagree are wrong. i know better than that... i just like writing this way. i'm just putting in my 2 cents in.

Edited by mushmaster (02/09/03 01:00 PM)

Anonymous

#1293764 - 02/09/03 02:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

What if our egos are the only thing that die when we leave this world. We interpret our soul to be our ego, but what if thats the only thing keeping your soul from becoming one with everything. Life as we know it, is gone, there will be no "you" in the afterlife, just your energy. Part of me sees that as gloomy, but also as absolutley beautiful. Becoming part of everything once again... fueling life for eternity.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1293913 - 02/09/03 02:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Our ego is just the basic animal survival circuit of the brain, the thing that puts us in front of anyone else and makes us selfish. It could be seen as the driving force to desire. To escape this crazy world we need to destroy the ego, its the only way.  Then we could return to the source, it would be like pouring water back into the ocean only the ocean would be L.S.D and it would take us to a level 20 trippyness I hope. :grin:

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: EvilGir]
    #1294376 - 02/09/03 05:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Our ego is our tail stuck up our ass.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: Remy]
    #1294641 - 02/09/03 07:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

immagine a colossal substance without front back, top bottom, no differenciating from in and out up and down, it does not reach an end and has no begginning. it simply is.
it is the state of being, raw existance. like a never ending mycelial network. Now, a hyphal knot forms from this network. then many, then they become primordia, form pins, then distinct caps, then mushrooms.
each mushroom a separate entity. swimming with seritonin-like information perception chemicals normally associated with brain functions. each one appearing to be a separate entity, living in a world of substrate, nourishment, seperate entities, and separate consiousness. each mushroom in the cosm of existance is akin to the ego.
one massive paradigm separrated into a successive multi-fractulating matrix of seperate points of veiw.
no 2 points of veiw can become one. no hypothetical entity can re-join with the primordial consortum which spawned it and to which it owes its personal self-reference.
existance may mean nothing withought perception, and if existance (wholly) can be personified and given consiousness (and i beleive our existance PROOVES it can and does) then therefore, existance would be god.
if we exist, we are god. if i exist then I am god.
the existance that simply is. the self, simply, I am.

a point of vew... or at least a self-recognizing point of reference.  you dont have to understand a totally correct definition of ego to identify its significance. heck, as i understand it, if you beleive your convictions reguarding the ego, then youre correct, reguardless of WHAT you beleive. providing of course that you base this on a beleif that the ego is the vital mechanism that separates your being from evrything else.  losing this, you become one with all matter, all time, all creation.  your very life as you know it is totally dependant on your brains ability to regulate the interaction between your physical body and the physical boundries of the physical world, which may be an illusion PRODUCED  by the brain, which may NOT be separated entities, but simply one, and what we see outside may, in fact, be inside.  all the sceince and rules we adhere to, tho perhaps not willingly follow, simply vices constructed by a single mind to convince itself it is many. and to not realize its own makings.
if this is true, having SAID this, and having come to understand it i can come to many conclusions. one would be that there is a waking trend. the dream of life unraveling, the dreamer awakening.  oblivian for the man, life for the men. a flood of consiousness, and absolute.
maybe mushrooms are a key to this massive door.

hey niggy, it makes me feel real good that you take my insane rambings to heart. :smile:  i guarentee if you temper your travels with respect for others and practice good self control, as well as set plenty of ties with this world and be charitable when you can afford to,  then you have nothing to worry about. i like to thik obsession with self-discovery is a healthy thing far too many people are afraid to get into.  but ultimately knowing yourself will be more fulfilling than knowing anything else of this world. because well, thats pretty much it. :wink:
keep your friends informed and dont go overboard :smile: and for petes sake if you ever realize enough divinity that you gain a rush of insight enabling you to see things nobody else can, dont tell anyone. theres ways to tell if someone can be trusted. but people as a society are afraid of the idea of the universe as a single entity.  it de personalizes their existance, takes away their individuality and for the most part, sounds like schitsophrenic crazy-talk.

the only sane idea of god for most people exists in simple poems and fairy-tales of a god who sits on a cloud in the sky and smiles down upon us lovingly. who gave a son so that evryone could rejoin him.
theres numbers in these stories relationships akin to mathematical equations that when interpreted as allegorical examples of cause-and effect show a much deeper meaning.
but youll never find spiritual meaning on the surface of things anyway. and i dont mean a physical surface, that says enough :smile:

niggy, i was once where you are now. and in a lot of important ways i still am, theres infinate explanations in all sorts of media, of how it all works. but really, to understand it, you have to see it, and you dont just see it, you have to become it. you have to blend with it and it will rush in like a tidal wave, a single answer to infinate questions. very cool. scary too. you can wait for death and get it that way, thats the best way. but live a good life first i implore you, dont think that because life is illusionary you shouldnt enjoy it on as many levels as possible.  because dispite its temporary nature, the forvever it is contrasted by, that you WILL experience is entirely made of the live you lived.  the moment you realize you are evrywhere and always have been, ill be there. so will evryone here, as well as you know them now and no better.  for it is what you know in life  that will be what you experience in eternity.
fear nothing and excersize good judgement.
the you you know will meet the you you are and you will have no need of ego.
dont be afraid to live for now tho. doesnt matter what you do when you live, but if you dont at least DO it, then you dont live, you want the most experience possible, and be the best you can be, follow your instinct to what you know is best and abbandon fear. you will not know regret.
wich is the only thing i reccomend you avoid entirely.
regret is the basis of hell, thats not where i want to see you when this is all done.

and that goes for evrbody here or anywhere.
all you multiple personalities in a universe of divine psychotic disorder :smile: 

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1294694 - 02/09/03 07:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That was the best post I have read in awhile
I will just add ( although I think it was already kind of stated ) that The answer is within, This is not to undermine communication and experience at all though only to enhance it, or betterly put experience enhances self. When you look with in , deep within, You pass your ego and everyone elses and see truth, I have argued this before to people who refuse to hear what im saying(which probally means they are letting there egos control them)
You all ready know it now you just need to use your mind to interpret it( easier said then done :wink:)
But if you reach deep down and dont listen when you find this truth this terrifying blending, seemingly loss of self and deny it, and continue to look for the answers in other peoples wordsand thoughjts you open up the doors of deception, and worse of all you doubt yourself-again not the ego blended self but the source itself, the place that makes you say when you are SURE about something, you are saying your not good enough.  And you are! The way I see it is Doubt is one of the greatest gifts ever, not blind-doubt, but rational-logic based doubt.  It is our gift to see through deception, There is no doubt in truth and when you accept logic and use your brain as the beatiful tool that it is you can begin to mentally interpret the one thought and see that all Truth stems from it.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: shaggy101]
    #1294708 - 02/09/03 08:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hmm funny things words are I just read back and the way I called doubt a gift sounded wierd, but its true!
If you doubt something you have faith in and feel bad about it dont.
Think through exactly what you doubt or the other way around what you believe, and why you doubt it( again or the other way around why you believe it), and keep searching for the truth. The only thing you shouldnt doubt is that one thing you KNOW beyond your deepest thoughts, within and without at once, all yet you it is true..
For when you doubt that, you soon learn why you will never do it again.

btw- I like your new drawing Mitch

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
    #1297139 - 02/10/03 02:31 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

HOLY!!

That is the most interesting thinking. And it makes sense somewhat to me now.. :smile:

But im thinking...On a level 5 mushroom trip, deep thinking, loss of ego etc...That would help one understand alot about life and reality wouldn't it? As sober minded thinking just lets me blend back into the trance. And stop analyzing...

But what you discover on a mushroom trip, can the insights you gain still make since to you months and years down the road?

It seems hard to think like this...Its not common...It must be something you have to develop. But to develop without conscious changing substances, I find rather hard to do! :smile:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1297379 - 02/10/03 03:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Amen my Brotha!  :wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: the feeding of the ego [Re: Murex]
    #1300228 - 02/11/03 01:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

before i read any of your posts i will describe what i have learned from my hospital ketamine experience :wink:, and incorporate what i read about it on the net.

The ego is just the feed back response by your brain to signal something to yourself.  Meaning, ego is a reflex, wheather it be emotional or phsysical.

from what i remember coming down on ket, i was talking, yet i my brain had no feed back to my face or any of my body, it was like my eyes where closed, and i was thinking or dreaming the whole thing.  Conversation, from what little i remember(it causes severe amnesia) seemed to exist only in my mind, haha, i hope this is clear.  It was weird,

to feel what i felt, lay on a couch, close your eyes, smoke some weed, have someone sitting close to you, and have a conversation totally in your head :grin:

my grasp on ego is that its just your perceptions, ego loss is the total opposite of tripping, your emotions are not aplified, but turned off like a television. :confused:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order