Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Vendors and Prohibition [Re: leafblowerz]
    #1259059 - 01/29/03 02:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Thor

So, do I understand correctly that you, along with Ralph, support the continuing apprehension, persecution and incarceration of the users of all currently illicit substances with the exception of a few hallucinogens?

Leaf

No, I dont agree with that either. I am not an expert on the issue but I have to choose legalization over how it is today.

I am however concerned of the after affects of legalizing everything.

If a good system is set up like psilocyber said then I can feel more comfortable with it.

I'm not going to apologize for feeling aprehension for what would be the after affects of legalization; because I do care.

You want to call it ironic or whatever name calling you'd like to do; but I can't help feeling concerned about what will happen if harder drugs are sold legally.

It is better than having them illegal, but I wonder if there isn't some better way.

Sorry if this bothers you, but simply legalizing everything is not a good enough answer for me. I want to know what people propose on how to handle the harder drugs and their distribution..

Edited by Thor (01/29/03 02:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineleafblowerz
Shroom mumbler
Re: Vendors and Prohibition [Re: Thor]
    #1259684 - 01/29/03 06:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thor

I'm not asking you to apologize for anything. Nor am I trying to play some sort of "name calling" game.

If I seem at all bothered, it is because I am somewhat intolerant of the wishy washy responses I've been getting in this thread. Your responses to my questions on the subject of prohibition would not only indicate that you are not an expert on the issue, as you stated, but that you have also not given the subject much thought. For a person who maintains a site such as the shroomery, I find that very unfortunate. You're in a position to do a lot of good for the movement.

I certainly hope that your comment that simple legalization is not enough for you doesn't mean that you support the continuation of prohibition in the interim. It is important that I mention that nowhere have I suggested that we shouldn't be concerned with the details regarding the control and regulation of these substances upon legalization. If you're put off by my approach, get use to it. In the face of this ongoing genocide called the war on drugs, many of us are becoming impatient with the fence sitters. And our numbers are growing. Don't expect us to smile and grin as you tacitly support the persecution of our people by refusing to take a stand.

Leaf

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1259728 - 01/29/03 06:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not asking you to apologize for anything. Nor am I trying to play some sort of "name calling" game.

Good, but your comment in OTD certainly gave me that impression:

Quote:

Quote by leafblowerz... Thor is a prohib lite. Prohib lites tend to be drug bigots. Haven't you figured that out yet? Hell about half of the fucking people who post here at the shroomery are prohib lites. Oh the irony!

Quote:

If I seem at all bothered, it is because I am somewhat intolerant of the wishy washy responses I've been getting in this thread. Your responses to my questions on the subject of prohibition would not only indicate that you are not an expert on the issue, as you stated, but that you have also not given the subject much thought. For a person who maintains a site such as the shroomery, I find that very unfortunate. You're in a position to do a lot of good for the movement.

Do you think being intolerant to people who may not share your views will help you promote legalization if you just make people mad?

I'm in a position to do what I can, believe me my life has been given to this website these last few years and I dont know what you've done for the drug community; but I certainly feel like I've done my share.

Quote:

I certainly hope that your comment that simple legalization is not enough for you doesn't mean that you support the continuation of prohibition in the interim.

I've repeated this a few times, I don't agree with the situation as is, and I support legalization with concrete plans on how to deal with the distribution of harder more dangerous drugs with rehabilitation being a big part of that.

So what I feel is that drugs like weed can be sold in liquor stores, 7-11, etc.. But heroin would have different distribution...

I've not heard how most people feel such drugs would be distributed and regulated.. How can I not be concerned with legalization if those issues aren't clear.

Quote:

In the face of this ongoing genocide called the war on drugs, many of us are becoming impatient with the fence sitters. And our numbers are growing. Don't expect us to smile and grin as you tacitly support the persecution of our people by refusing to take a stand.

So your tactic is to piss off those you'd like to get on your side? You think that helps the situation or just makes it worse?

Just because I'm not as enthusiastic as yourself doesn't make me a drug bigot. You certainly shouldn't judge people so harshly for being concerned about issues that legalization brings. I'd obviously support legalization, but I would want more thought put into it than just lets legalize all drugs and sell them at the local store.

Not that this should matter, I don't see it happening in the US in my lifetime.. Its a huge uphill battle in any country, but the US is probably the least likely country to ever approach drugs with intelligence instead of fear and percecution.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #1259751 - 01/29/03 06:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Your a jack ass!
I shouldn't have let this crap go on this long.
Where do you get off telling anyone what their position should or shouldn't be.
Your entitled to your opinion just as much as the next guy is his.

Your lucky you got the responses that you did.
I thank the Vendors for putting up with your stupid shit!

Do you challenge the gas stations, grocery stores, dept. stores, restaurants that you frequent?
Do you ask them if they are pro drugs?

I have read alot of your posts here at the shroomery.
You are a shit stirrer...a problem child.
You love to put people down and you probably think your better than them.
But your not...you need to have a level 5 mushroom trip and lose that fucking ego!

I'm closing this thread.
You have made us all dumber... for having to read it.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies