Quote: I'm not asking you to apologize for anything. Nor am I trying to play some sort of "name calling" game.
Good, but your comment in OTD certainly gave me that impression:
Quote: Quote by leafblowerz... Thor is a prohib lite. Prohib lites tend to be drug bigots. Haven't you figured that out yet? Hell about half of the fucking people who post here at the shroomery are prohib lites. Oh the irony!
Quote: If I seem at all bothered, it is because I am somewhat intolerant of the wishy washy responses I've been getting in this thread. Your responses to my questions on the subject of prohibition would not only indicate that you are not an expert on the issue, as you stated, but that you have also not given the subject much thought. For a person who maintains a site such as the shroomery, I find that very unfortunate. You're in a position to do a lot of good for the movement.
Do you think being intolerant to people who may not share your views will help you promote legalization if you just make people mad?
I'm in a position to do what I can, believe me my life has been given to this website these last few years and I dont know what you've done for the drug community; but I certainly feel like I've done my share.
Quote: I certainly hope that your comment that simple legalization is not enough for you doesn't mean that you support the continuation of prohibition in the interim.
I've repeated this a few times, I don't agree with the situation as is, and I support legalization with concrete plans on how to deal with the distribution of harder more dangerous drugs with rehabilitation being a big part of that.
So what I feel is that drugs like weed can be sold in liquor stores, 7-11, etc.. But heroin would have different distribution...
I've not heard how most people feel such drugs would be distributed and regulated.. How can I not be concerned with legalization if those issues aren't clear.
Quote: In the face of this ongoing genocide called the war on drugs, many of us are becoming impatient with the fence sitters. And our numbers are growing. Don't expect us to smile and grin as you tacitly support the persecution of our people by refusing to take a stand.
So your tactic is to piss off those you'd like to get on your side? You think that helps the situation or just makes it worse?
Just because I'm not as enthusiastic as yourself doesn't make me a drug bigot. You certainly shouldn't judge people so harshly for being concerned about issues that legalization brings. I'd obviously support legalization, but I would want more thought put into it than just lets legalize all drugs and sell them at the local store.
Not that this should matter, I don't see it happening in the US in my lifetime.. Its a huge uphill battle in any country, but the US is probably the least likely country to ever approach drugs with intelligence instead of fear and percecution.
|