Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator
    #737825 - 07/10/02 10:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
Re: Eliminating the "Unsafe" Vendor [Re: Anonymous]
    #738353 - 07/11/02 07:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

High,

I just read the whole story you wrote down for us to read. And like to react on your sig.

One thing I do not get. You sell the H-Pod, advertise on a forum/website that is called the Shroomery. Were a lot of shroomers are growing cubbies.
You know as well as everybody knows that those HP are also used to grow cubbs in. If I mind correctly I have seen many pic of the pod filled with cubbs(maybe on your old website?).

If you wanna follow the line you just draw, I think supporting the Shroomery would be out of the question too. It is all about cubbs and you making it possible by paying money.

Well sorry if I misunderstood your post, I read it over and over. But foreign languages are still foreign.

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Anonymous

Re: Eliminating the "Unsafe" Vendor [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #738405 - 07/11/02 07:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe some vendors are just looking for an excuse for not having the knowledge required to supply 'customer support'.

'Dear vendor, your spores didn't work. Can you tell me what I did wrong?'

'No. I can only tell you that I got your money. Bye!'

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #738585 - 07/11/02 09:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by Anonymous (07/13/02 07:35 AM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #738658 - 07/11/02 09:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by Anonymous (07/12/02 05:09 PM)

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #738708 - 07/11/02 09:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

High again

Well you made your point very clear
I see simular things in Holland. Coffeeshop organisations, a organisation for the smart branch. All to keep in business together by not crossing any law. As long as this goes well we can be provided with their products

I think your post was to vendors from your country???

Thanks for the polite reply...

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Anonymous

#738932 - 07/11/02 11:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Mycotek

You could have saved yourself the price of the lawyer and asked for my advise on the subject a long time ago.

Of course, life is one long series of risks. We just try to judge how much we wish to take at any given moment. I applaud you on your decision to minimize your own risk but I believe that each person must make their own decision on the matter and I don't personally feel that I am in a position to make their decision for them.

The irony of the whole thing is that you'll probably be the first one to get busted. Damn this "drug" war! It is the GENOCIDE of a culture and its people!

Leaf

Anonymous

#739294 - 07/11/02 01:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by Anonymous (07/13/02 07:37 AM)

Invisibleblitz
RIP "Ripper" akaBrandon
    #739310 - 07/11/02 01:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, he's got a point. And it's probably a very good idea, and it seems like he had a talk with his attorney, and is just sharing the advice he was given....

--------------------
"The universe works whether or not you understand it" - Frank Zappa

-blitz

Anonymous

#739387 - 07/11/02 02:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I wasn't really meaning you mcspam, you've never been short on words!

Anonymous

#739547 - 07/11/02 03:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Mycotek

>"Now, why would you say that Leaf? What would I get 'busted' for? My business is currently 100% legit and legal. And, that is according to my attorney and not just what I 'believe' to be true. "<

Lol. Hey! Fuck, that's the same thing you told me last time I brought it up. Lol.

Leaf

Anonymous

#739567 - 07/11/02 03:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #740763 - 07/12/02 06:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is silly. Run your business the way you want. Telling people that it's the only safe way to run a business is absurd. The OMC has never been harmed or compromised for a vendor's business practices. No vendor has been compromised for doing the things you insist are neccessary in your sig.

The drama of late has been in regards to personal actions of vendors, not their business practices.

I feel it is self-serving to claim that only vendors that follow your business practices are acceptable to the community. which btw would leave only you as a vendor. Exploiting the paranoia which runs rampant here in such a manner is not cool in my opinion. These are shrooms, not meth, and unless something changes drastically in the WOD, then this type of paranoia is not neccessary. If a particular vendor feels it is, fine. But urging a boycott of businesses which have proven themselves as safe and reliable FOR DECADES is ludicrous.

I just hope newbies see the sig for what it is.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#740782 - 07/12/02 06:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Mycotek

Hey, I?m not trying to rag on ya. There are those who don?t believe that you are 100% legit and legal. They?ll have observed your past approach to selling pods and couple that with as Meneer pointed out your current comments and participation at this site and will try to show the intent to distribute a growing apparatus for an illegal substance. There are plenty of people in the grow supply business that have already experienced that type of governmental prosecutorial bullshit who have a lost less history than you.

I?m not trying to make you paranoid or scare you off. I?m just pointing out that you are still more vulnerable than you think you are. Your revised site is certainly a step in the right direction but I?d lose the mycotek handle and direct association with the pods while posting on boards like this if you really want to minimize your risk.

Roll me a phatty.

Leaf

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: mycofile]
    #741007 - 07/12/02 09:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by Anonymous (07/12/02 05:08 PM)

Anonymous

#741436 - 07/12/02 12:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Mycotek

>"Leaf, I still have to disagree that there is anything illegal about me advertising here at the shroomery or posting here under my company..."<

Actually, I wasn't saying that either of those acts themselves would be illegal. I was speaking in terms of what the prosecution would use cumulatively to obtain a criminal complaint against you for aiding and assisting in the production of an illegal substance. I'm not a lawyer. I'm a retired police officer and I'm just giving you my two cents on the matter. My main point being that your tag could be considered a little hypocritical considering the fact that you haven't totally minimized your risk yet either. I bet if you talk to your lawyer again and mentioned my points, there is a good chance that he would agree with me to some degree.

But like I said before, life is a series of risks. We all decide at any given point how much we are willing to take. I may make recommendations but I'm not about to browbeat you or anyone else over your choices. Good luck. I wish you well.

Leaf

Anonymous

#741549 - 07/12/02 01:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

*yawn*.....i asked dimitri, he['s an attorny

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #745135 - 07/14/02 11:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you are referring to companies like PF or Homestead then I would argue that these are not sponsoring vendors of the shroomery community, nor do they post in these kinds of forums taking part in any of the actions mentioned in my sig below; therefore they would not apply to this issue.

The decades reference was indeed aimed at PF, who isn't a sponsoring vendor of the shroomery, but does actively participate in online forums. Aside from restricting it to the shroomery, or bulliten boards in particular, most vendors sites contain more than enough direct instruction on how to grow specifically illegal mushrooms. Have you ever looked at PF's page? http://www.fanaticus.com/liqueu~1.htm even has information on extracting specifically classified substances from shrooms. And PF has been around for decades with no indication whatsoever that he has been compromised. But your signature seems to say that purchasing from him is unsafe, not only for the individual, but the community as a whole.

I could go on with other vendors, only using PF as an example because he's been around so long. Any vendor with cultivation advice on their website, or for that matter pictures of mushrooms on their site is in violation of your signature. So why do they do it? Probably because they got into the business with a love of the sacred fungi. They wanted to spread the seeds of their beloved sacrament.

I understand if that isn't your case. You have openly stated since the day of your arrival on the OMC that your only intention was to use the OMC as a testing ground for products that you would eventually like to market to much larger consumer bases. For a business with such expansion plans, your level of disconnection is very appropriate.

But the vast majority of vendors to the OMC have been homegrown. They come from the OMC and stay in the OMC. Their business grows out of a love for spreading magic. They stay small, and stay under the radar of LEOs. That's the way it's been since the beginning. There has never been a problem with that business practice at all. If your insinuations are not self-serving, they are at best misguided.

If you want to help people, then contact the vendors privately and let them know your concerns. But scarring newbies away from businesses which have been nothing but beneficial to the community from day one is uncalled for.

Thank you for hearing me, and please consider at least re-phrasing your sig. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it pompous and offensive. It doesn't soound like you want to be helpful, but rather divisive and superior.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Re: Eliminating the "Unsafe" Vendor [Re: mycofile]
    #745226 - 07/14/02 11:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't usually speak my mind cause I have to be unbiased as far as Vendors are concerned.
but.....in this case this isn't about who is better....or which Vendor to choose from.

I have to agree with mycofile on this one.
PF has been selling spores for years and has the PF tek up for growing them without any problems from the law....that I know of.

Mc Man you sound like you ate one too many mushrooms and had a really bad trip and God or your ego told you to go ligid......then your lawyer cause he could make a few bucks off you for legal fees.....all lawyers are sharks!
Thats all good.... I have had trips like that....where I saw things that shocked me into thinking I needed to straighten out my life.....most of us have.
If you want your business to be ligid thats great.....but telling other Vendors how to run their business or to tell customers not to do business with UNSAFE Vendors.....thats a bit too much for me to stomach.
Who is going to decide who is an unsafe Vendor? You ? Please !!!!
All the Spore Vendors I have seen have posted that their mushrooms are for microscopic research.....except the edible ones.
And all the Mushroom Supply Vendors really don't sell anything questionable.
I'm not trying to slam you..... but I just think you found Jesus or something and need to go preach somewhere else.
You want to sell your Hyrda-pod fine......I have one they are a great product.
But if your so worried......why are you selling the pod on a Mushrooms site where you know damn well that people are using them for illegal purposes?
I know......you are hoping that they are using them for edibles.....get real.

I personally won't get too paranoid until they crack down on the MJ sites online.
Then I might get worried and chill out a bit.

Just my 2 cents worth!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Roadkill]
    #745299 - 07/14/02 12:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum