Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Life is like: * 3
    #12549726 -

Life is like a video game. The objective is to maintain happiness. Society tells you that to do this, you’ve got to collect as many coins as you can, build up your reputation, increase your social status, get promotions, etc. Through my way of thinking, I feel like I’ve put in a cheat code. I’m happy so I don’t have to spend all my time collecting coins and trying to beat everyone’s high score. I just get to play around, look at the amazing graphics, and do the side quests when I feel like it. Sure, I can’t afford all the expansions, so I’ve got to live in a smaller house than the guy with a million coins, but I’ve learned to love the features that came with the original version of the game. The expensive upgrades don’t make the colors brighter, or the tastes sweater, or the feelings more vibrant. The expansions that do that only cost about $10 a hit.

A lot of people are holding out for Heaven, the sequel. We don’t know if there really is a sequel, but many believe that Jesus is a press release sent by the programmer to tell us, in parables, about the new features and how to get them. Buddha found a hidden feature in the original version and tried to tell others how to unlock it. I personally think that Jesus and Buddha were talking about two very similar things. Muhammad tells us that if you put in a certain code three times a day, you get the 40 virgins glitch.


--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AngryPhil]
    #12549734 -

:highfive:


--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AngryPhil]
    #12550685 -

that was funny!  thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AngryPhil]
    #12550727 -

I hate using cheat codes, the game gets boring after that and ends quickly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: DieCommie]
    #12550770 -

Just make sure you don't use a gameshark, the 40th virgin only has 1 boob.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: DieCommie]
    #12551259 -

DieCommie said:
I hate using cheat codes, the game gets boring after that and ends quickly.



Yeah it's not for everyone. Fortunately there's enough mini games in here to keep me entertained until my subscription runs out.


--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AngryPhil]
    #12551314 -

AngryPhil said:
Fortunately there's enough mini games in here to keep me entertained until my subscription runs out.



I hate MMORPG's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: Budske]
    #12551385 -

I am glad to hear you are happy with your life!

You are overarching how much impact you have on your happiness though. Most happiness arises from having basic necessity thats why these other things are hardly worth the effort.


--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #12551635 -

There is a whole country of people here who have the basic necessities and are not or do not appear to be happy. Try again.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: Icelander]
    #12551758 -

Icelander said:
There is a whole country of people here who have the basic necessities and are not or do not appear to be happy. Try again.




Icelander that reminds me of something Ramesh Balsekar said, he's one of those spiritual guru people.

He was addressing a bunch of white people when he said this:

"You all say that Westerners are materialistic and shallow while us Easterners are somehow more spiritual and awakened. What rubbish that is! I've been teaching for over 20 years and 99% of the people who come to hear my teachings are pasty people from England. The West has finally realized that material goods do not bring happiness, but us Easterners who have lived in poverty our entire lives have not realized this for ourselves first hand. India today couldn't care less about the Upanishads, all we want is a Mercedes and Rolex. So stop acting like us Indians are more spiritual, it couldn't be further from the truth."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: Icelander]
    #12551814 -

Icelander said:
There is a whole country of people here who have the basic necessities and are not or do not appear to be happy. Try again.




I knew a cherry fellow who had leprosy and whose father had died from leprosy and whose father was a leper. He was amazingly charismatic and would charm the shop owners for free food.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: Icelander]
    #12552213 -

I forgot to mention - the irony of goods that are beyond basic nessecity, is that they sometimes disable us from enjoying the beauty of basic nessecity. The beauty of basic nessecity lies in the moment, it appears and since most attainment of not basic goods (cars, houses, drugs, money) is centered around the future, they easily halt our ability to enjoy things in the present moment....


dahahahahahaha dahahahahahahah


--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: *DELETED* [Re: AngryPhil]
    #12553484 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: No reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AngryPhil]
    #12553557 -

AngryPhil said:
Life is like a video game. The objective is to maintain happiness. Society tells you that to do this, you’ve got to collect as many coins as you can, build up your reputation, increase your social status, get promotions, etc. Through my way of thinking, I feel like I’ve put in a cheat code. I’m happy so I don’t have to spend all my time collecting coins and trying to beat everyone’s high score. I just get to play around, look at the amazing graphics, and do the side quests when I feel like it. Sure, I can’t afford all the expansions, so I’ve got to live in a smaller house than the guy with a million coins, but I’ve learned to love the features that came with the original version of the game. The expensive upgrades don’t make the colors brighter, or the tastes sweater, or the feelings more vibrant. The expansions that do that only cost about $10 a hit.

A lot of people are holding out for Heaven, the sequel. We don’t know if there really is a sequel, but many believe that Jesus is a press release sent by the programmer to tell us, in parables, about the new features and how to get them. Buddha found a hidden feature in the original version and tried to tell others how to unlock it. I personally think that Jesus and Buddha were talking about two very similar things. Muhammad tells us that if you put in a certain code three times a day, you get the 40 virgins glitch.



aha excellent


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #12553721 -

AlphaFalfa said:
I forgot to mention - the irony of goods that are beyond basic nessecity, is that they sometimes disable us from enjoying the beauty of basic nessecity. The beauty of basic nessecity lies in the moment, it appears and since most attainment of not basic goods (cars, houses, drugs, money) is centered around the future, they easily halt our ability to enjoy things in the present moment....


dahahahahahaha dahahahahahahah




so true


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: AngryPhil] * 1
    #12553892 -

Even though psychedelics do a lot of different crazy shit, they consistently cause me to pay attention to the present and also enjoy the basic goodness in life.

Like, "Holy shit, my stomach breaks down and extracts all my food for me:ooo:!".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: Freedom]
    #12554862 -

Quote:
Freedom said:Like, "Holy shit, my stomach breaks down and extracts all my food for me:ooo:!".



:lol:
I remember waiting for my first acid trip to kick in, being very nervous, and the moment where I went from "I wish my heart wasn't beating so fast" to "hell yeah, body! Keep doin that, I'll brb"


--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: *DELETED* [Re: Lakefingers]
    #12555166 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: No reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: [Re: Lakefingers]
    #12555365 -

I think the world is like brave new world to the same degree that brave new world is like the world. For A to be similar to B, B must be similar to A.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Life is like: *DELETED* [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12555439 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* READ THIS BEFORE THEY DELETE IT
( 1 2 3 all )
trypyamine 4,362 54 07/27/03 08:05 AM
by Quadrant6
* ViBrAnT is dead...
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
sTePpInGoNsToNeS 8,625 98 09/29/03 04:55 AM
by fireworks_god
* Remembering ViBrAnT Astrok 1,264 16 02/28/04 11:46 AM
by Astrok
* ViBrAnT's Obituary
( 1 2 all )
Earth_Droid 3,269 30 07/23/03 02:05 PM
by Azmodeus
* DNA upgrades
( 1 2 3 4 all )
3eyes 5,880 66 09/30/04 01:28 PM
by deff
* The Dialogue Continues........ ViBrAnT 736 6 05/07/03 01:48 AM
by Deiymiyan
* We live in two worlds
( 1 2 3 all )
AngryPhil 2,341 59 04/23/10 04:40 PM
by deCypher
* Physics makes us all it's bitches
( 1 2 all )
AngryPhil 1,322 35 05/03/10 08:16 AM
by Diploid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,026 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.