Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshroommmsss
Stranger
 User Gallery

what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything?
    #11326935 - 10/26/09 07:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Whats the point of everything? Share your thoughts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? *DELETED* [Re: shroommmsss]
    #11326976 - 10/26/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by c0sm0nautt

Reason for deletion: Trolling

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: shroommmsss]
    #11326997 - 10/26/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There is none, no rhyme or reason that we can tell, which is great because you are free to do what you will with life, some of us want to seek knowledge, some want to make money, some just want to experience the pleasures of life. We can do that because there is no reason (that we know of). The earth could also just be a giant computer trying to figure out what the question to the answer of life, the universe, and everything is (this shouldn't be obscure :lol:)

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Offlinetwiztidthoughts
Stranger

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: shroommmsss]
    #11326999 - 10/26/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's just a endless repeating pattern, the planets are like atoms, universes are molecules, and they simply make up part of another object that we cannot see.

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11327015 - 10/26/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The question is not why everything is here. The answer to that question is very simple: We are all here to be. If we weren't being, we wouldn't exist.

So, truly, the question at hand is 'why not'?

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
    #11327022 - 10/26/09 07:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shroommmsss said:

The point is to ask that question.

:smile:

--------------------
Word to your mom.

Offlineshroommmsss
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #11327045 - 10/26/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Newfound_wonder said:
Because you touch yourself at night.

gooooooooooooooood oneeeeeeeeeee kidd

OfflineDutch-Master2890
Stranger

#11327062 - 10/26/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

try lookin into intelligent design it might interest you

changed my thoughts on lots

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: Dutch-Master2890]
    #11327080 - 10/26/09 07:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Any speculation into intelligent design and or us being part of some larger universe is purely that.....speculation.

Guess its up to you if you want to take speculations as truth. We all need something to believe in, ay?

--------------------
Word to your mom.

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

#11327507 - 10/26/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think it's important to ask if this is even a valid question: "what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything?"  The Buddha invented a question to clarify what I mean... "What direction does a fire go after it is extinguished?  North?  South?"  There are some questions, when looked at from another angle, that don't make sense.

But yeah, if I was to attempt to answer the question, I'd say things exist to be experienced, and sentient beings exist to experience them.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #11327723 - 10/26/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So conscious beings, which are one and the same with all that is, can learn and explore and love and be. Are you asking what the meaning of life is? I'd like to think our various subjective meanings are the objective meaning. I think what we can observe as the physical universe is the mere dense crust of a multidimensional universe.

OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11330546 - 10/27/09 09:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Our primitive brains are simply incapable of simplifying the intricacy, complexity, and beauty of reality to a simple answer in the form of letters and symbols.  We have hardly any better idea of how and why the universe came to be than an ant crawling along the wall.  All we can do is use our senses and deductive and inductive reasoning to build a construct of what we think reality is.

I think that the universe is the way it is because of interactions between quarks, leptons, and bosons.  But once again, my primitive brain cannot imagine the limitless number of ways that these particles can interact in order to produce every structure in the universe from the tiniest of atoms to the galaxies and black holes that exist in our universe.

But hey, maybe one day we'll come to find that our assumptions about this world are not as true as we originally thought.

--------------------

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #11331809 - 10/27/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I think that the universe is the way it is because of interactions between quarks, leptons, and bosons.  But once again, my primitive brain cannot imagine the limitless number of ways that these particles can interact in order to produce every structure in the universe from the tiniest of atoms to the galaxies and black holes that exist in our universe.

Even if you understood how the quarks, leptons, and bosons did all these things....how then would you understand what makes the quarks, leptons, and bosons behave the way they do? (i.e. What constructs the constructs?)

--------------------
Word to your mom.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#11331853 - 10/27/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shroommmsss said:

What better way for an omnipotent God to spend his time in 'infinity'.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: BrainChemistry]
    #11334870 - 10/27/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BrainChemistry said:
Quote:

Even if you understood how the quarks, leptons, and bosons did all these things....how then would you understand what makes the quarks, leptons, and bosons behave the way they do?

Because you touch yourself at night.

--------------------

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Loc: On healing wings
Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #11334994 - 10/27/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
Quote:

shroommmsss said:

What better way for an omnipotent God to spend his time in 'infinity'.

EXPERIENCE :inlove3:LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE :inlove3: Some people though, i think, are missing their chances by denying anything and everything that contradicts themselves.

Offlinewalkingeyeball
Dreamer
Female

Loc: SLC, UT
    #11338981 - 10/28/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is the most ambiguous question ever!!!

--------------------
"We come from the stars
We have no ships
We travel from mind to mind
As you open your heart
We enter your body
As you open your heart
We enter your imagination
As you open your heart
We enter your dreams "

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #11343689 - 10/29/09 06:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

From the movie quote that goes something like: "The very fabric of space-time contains the evidence of everything that happens".. I'll say that the galaxy resembles a pile of crystals from a broken tempered glass.

Each of these crystals is a glass on it's own, just not as large.
For the sake of this perspective I'll say that tempered glass breaks into a million circles as a safety mechanism.

I've not heard of anyone reassembling a broken tempered glass, but maybe it's possible that some circles re-align themselves into matrices that mirror the original in intent if not practicality.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: twiztidthoughts]
    #11343877 - 10/29/09 07:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

twiztidthoughts said:
It's just a endless repeating pattern, the planets are like atoms, universes are molecules, and they simply make up part of another object that we cannot see.

If you look up the idea of scalar jumping I think it fits in very well with what you said.  Thanks for the correction, research is key.

Edited by SuperD (11/05/09 07:04 PM)

Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: what do you guys think the reason there are planets, people, air, everything? [Re: SuperD]
    #11344075 - 10/29/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Except atoms and subatomic particles don't really orbit, especially not in the same way that planets do a sun.

However some food for thought (even though it's styled like a retarded e-mail forward):

Just a note, the structure and functions of the universe and brain cells are very, very different (or aren't at all, if you subscribe to the idea of computational universe or something similar), and the similarity is probably only superficial at best. Also, the universe picture is a simulation assuming dark matter exists, which it may or may not.

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Edited by kydelic (10/29/09 08:56 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order