Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
fooood
    #1038483 - 11/09/02 07:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yummy, yes... but necessary? Of course we need nutrients, carbohydrates, viatamins and whatnot to keep our body alive. However, eating anything more than necessary to keep us in good health would in fact be harmful to our bodies and therefore obstructive to any path we may take in this life, unless um, you believe you are here to experience obesity. :wink:  (Thinking about this reminds me of some old chinese myth where some god tells the oxen god to inform humans that they need to eat but once every 3 days, he goofs up and tells us to eat 3 times in a single day. His punishment is to be used as a best of burden.)

Personally, I'm a vegetarian. My reasoning is that the death of another being does not justify my hunger. Besides that, I ascribe to the belief that all life is connected and everything is here to experience. Who am I to end that experience? Anyways, I'd like to hear some thoughts on this subject. Hell, if you have a good meal plan, lemme hear that too.
Loe 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: fooood [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1038485 - 11/09/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

So I guess a lion killing a zebra is bad, then? Their hunger does not justify them ending life?

Plants live, also, and by eating them you end their experience.

Life feeds on life, this is necessary.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1038490 - 11/09/02 07:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I hardly ever get hungry anymore no ilonger eat very much, yet my energy levels and mood stays buoyant.....i subsist mainly in 1% cottage cheese, sunflower seeds and fruit(mainly in the morning). Occasionlly i'll break down and have a tuna sangwhich,

i try and make up for t what ever vitamines/minerals i may be missing due to my relatively low calorie diet by taking a supplent, plus a time released  B complex, 80 or 160 mgs of co-enzyme 10, 400 to 800 IU's of Vitamine E, wild salmon oil(tested for mercury levels) to get my omega 3's in there.....a cap or 2 of garlic/parsely to keep the blood clean

Any concerns about protein i quell by having one or 2 amino acid based whey protein shakes per day.......i'm pretty healthy for 48(compared to a lot of people i know in that age group).......

i would never reccommend my own individual regimen to anyone else....i'm just saying what works for me....plus i try to workout at least 3 times a week to keep my metabolism running in overdrive so i don't get old and fat :smile: 

EDIT* almost forgot the soy drink and at least one big helping of veggies in the evening, although i will concede that i do this more for health reaons(maintaining what i believe to be a healthy balance) than actual enjoyment

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Edited by FreakQlibrium (11/09/02 07:43 AM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1038491 - 11/09/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Plants aren't beings?

pinky

--------------------

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Re: fooood [Re: Phred]
    #1038508 - 11/09/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes that point has always bothered me pinky. Which is why I'd like to find a way to only eat fruit, leaves, etc etc. Things that would not kill the plant and that it will keep producing without harm. Leaves don't exactly fit, but I think you can get what I'm saying.

QLibrium: I thought you were joking at first. Cool plan though.

Immaculate: There is no doubting this is a tough place to live in, but if we have the ability to live without killing something, shouldnt we exercise that ability? Yeah, eating a 'plant' would end its life, but not eating fruit, etc.

Edited by LoverofEarth (11/09/02 08:10 AM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1038659 - 11/09/02 10:36 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

QLibrium: I thought you were joking at first. Cool plan though.

ME kid? When do i ever do that? :wink: But seriously for this stage in my life that's pretty much it, although i 4got to mention i drink a lot of purified water as well.....

and while i'm here i should say i take alpha lipoic acid(1000*mg's) a day as it supposedly extends the life of other anti-oxidants(A as beta carotene C, E etc)

*it might be 100mgs of ALA, i threw the container out yesterday so i can't really check til i get some more...... :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1039204 - 11/09/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Plants are living. Spores are at the most karma free posision, as they live on dead matter.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: fooood [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1039213 - 11/09/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

So I guess a lion killing a zebra is bad, then? Their hunger does not justify them ending life?

Hellyeah! That's what I'm sayin! LOL!  :tongue: :wink: :grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
    #1039222 - 11/09/02 04:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry....
Eating a fruit could be compared to eating a baby. Or maybe a uterus would be a more accurate analogy...or a placenta perhaps? Nuts would also fall into this category and grains such as corn and all the rest...eating mushrooms would be like eating sexual organs I guess...HeHe! Think of all those poor spores you are denying life! Millions or so potential life forms in every shroom!
I think the idea that we should not eat certain things because that takes their life is silly. People often pretend that humans are above the rest of life. Sorry to break it to you but we are still very a much a part of life. One important part of life is death. Death brings about new life.
Despite this I feel that one should certainly respect the source of their food.

In this area I think that aboriginal cultures have a very advanced and mature understanding. (To my knowledge there are no indigenous people that have not eaten meat for fear of robbing another beings life)

If you try not to take the life of anything for your food or for anything else you are going to be very hard pressed. This is just part of life. And just think that we are not separate from this system. We TOO will become the food of many beings.

--------------------
---Still Searching---

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: fooood [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #1039249 - 11/09/02 04:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Eating a fruit could be compared to eating a baby.

i suppose it could....but eating ababy(just speculating here, having had no personal experience in this area) extinguishes a life with no possible kind of a return(save potential indigestion), where as eating a fruit and spreading it's seed guarantees the life cycle of the family of fruit that you are eating will perpetuate and multiply..... :smile:.. 

--------------------

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Re: fooood [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #1039250 - 11/09/02 04:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ah, well, you make a damn good point, and I hate you for it. But seriously, If there is not really an escape from eating life, I wonder how sparingly one can eat and maintain good health. Is it possible to train yourself to eat like once a week? Heh, just a thought.

Edit: Ha, I gave in to easily. (very easily influenced fella am i) FreakQLibrium makes a good point as well!

Edited by LoverofEarth (11/09/02 06:02 PM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1039267 - 11/09/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I usually eat about 1 meal a day.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1041122 - 11/10/02 02:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Edit: Ha, I gave in to easily. (very easily influenced fella am i) FreakQLibrium makes a good point as well!

a clear illustration of one of the more salient features of being able to edit :wink: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: fooood [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1041370 - 11/10/02 04:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Plants are living too. Think about that when you're chomping at your veggies like a lion on a goat. Just because they can't scream doesn't make it anymore ok.

Edited by dustin (11/10/02 04:33 PM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: fooood [Re: ]
    #1041386 - 11/10/02 04:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Plants are living too. Think about that when you're chomping at your veggies like a lion on a goat. Just because they can't scream doesn't make it anymore ok.

i guess i might of missed something here.....please tell me where i ever said that plants were NOT living things?

doesn't make it anymore ok

anymore okay.....by what , your own personal standards? Please deliniate....

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: fooood [Re: ]
    #1042575 - 11/11/02 04:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Just because they can't scream doesn't make it anymore ok.

How do you  know plants don't scream? Perhaps they do and it is as a frequency/vibrational level that can only be attended to by other members of the plant world :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#1042577 - 11/11/02 04:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Damn.  I think eating is one of those simple pleasures in life.  I enjoy eating, and as far as not eating animals if god didn't want us to eat them he wouldn't have made them out of meat  :grin:  Also I'm not fat, I'm 125 pounds and I'm 5 foot 7 inches.  Man steak is so good.  Oh yeah I really don't have a structured eating plan.  I don't eat three meals a day, I just eat when I'm hungry.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
    #1043790 - 11/11/02 02:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Dear LoverofEarth,
One item that has been overlooked in this thread, is the fact that our bodies were built to eat meat. We have incisor teeth, which are suited to shread meat. In addition our digestive system is ideal for digesting meat. If we were created to subsist on vegetables our digestive system would be closer to that of a cow or a horse.
The ideal human diet requires a variety of amino acids that animal protein provides. Vegtables are also very important for vitamins, minerals, carrbohydrates, and fiber.
I think your goal is noble, but ultimately you may be sacrificing your own health in the process.
If you seek the ideal diet, I recomend "The Zone" books by Dr. Barry Sears.

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Re: fooood [Re: Major_Buzz]
    #1043944 - 11/11/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hm, well if what you say is true.. that our bodies are built to eat meat as well. (I've heard there are many things that can be supplemented for meat to stay healthy though) I guess if one was to eat meat they should focus on how the meat is aquired. I would go so far as to say that beef and almost all meat to be bought from grocery stores would not be a wise thing to eat. I've heard on many an occasion that that meat comes from mistreated, hormone pumped animals that were basically bred for food. Maybe this isn't true; I am unsure.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1044019 - 11/11/02 03:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

www.notmilk.com i don't know how much info that you are looking for that this link will provide but. it's a start :wink: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale