Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: emotional connotations... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #10045708 - 03/26/09 12:40 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

MJF said:
let's say we're looking at two peices of abstract art...

a: is beautiful and you get a good feeling
b: is also beautiful but there is a scary or creepy vibe to it

how are the progressions different?

i'm thinking things like waving lines and bright colors in a...and sharp points and darker colors in b....

am i getting the idea?

here are two abstract pieces, one is nearly figurative

both are natuiralistic, i.e. not simple motifs, thought hey have many motifs and progressions within them.

a person may react according to his history and constitution, and may cue rapidly on motifs if they are noticed or on pattern, color relations, and progression if no motif cue takes over.

In the second, I see and am attracted to red orange yellow color relations and simple undulations in multiple directions, but hardly any clear rhythm, then i see the motif of a woman, and then, a rhythmic progression of green fishes, but I am not comforted by the oddly spaced fishes which also have a lot of color noise around them (the blue is a harsh relationship to the reds); but the many fingers of the muddy red sky push down and connect comfortingly to the body as a countering gentle and converging progression.

In the first, no single recognizable motif emerges (except elbows or feet maybe and the letter E or F maybe) but I am made curious by variations and depth like layering, I wander the kinking paths of each color and find them to be appealingly similar in how they bend and change (progressions). the way they cuddle up to each other sets up a memory of connections that are supportive.
However, if a person is leery of shadowy figures they may shy away from this due to associative memory and may never get into it's strong and beautiful music.

each view is full of patterns and motifs, some motifs have meaning which goes directly into associative memory, others provide rhythmic shapes eliciting sympathetic sensations and pleasantly modulated feelings and in that way access memories by cadence rather than matches in forms.

some progressions become sensory sources of pleasure before they are interpreted as motif
others connect rapidly as motifs and unlock specific personal memories.

I find them both terrifying. Especially if someone paid for them.:whoa:

My pet gorilla could do that.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: emotional connotations... [Re: Lakefingers]
    #10045948 - 03/26/09 01:19 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
what do you mean by innate?

as I mentioned in my summation above,
"each view is full of patterns and motifs, some motifs have meaning which goes directly into associative memory, others provide rhythmic shapes eliciting sympathetic sensations and pleasantly modulated feelings and in that way access memories by cadence rather than matches in forms."

the part that I bolded above is a mental event that is pre-perceptual, innate, or non-associative.
i.e. simple sensation and combinations of sensation have a relationship as they arrive on the mental stage directly from the senses, which is in accord with set and setting.
in accord even prior to evaluation, prior to labeling, prior to knowing what the combination of sensations is.

we can stand back, cogitate, and say well here is the motif, or here is the meaning of that, but some things arrive just fittingly, and other combinations arrive discordantly, even prior to any recognition or analysis.

normally we can call one thing pleasant and the other painful without identifying it.

that is where I would be comfortable with the word innate.
I mean arrive fittingly in a different way than if a person expected the arrival of something and it fit, in this situation, there is no particular search routine underway which is always perceptual, I am talking about what happens before perception is engaged.

naturally it may follow within seconds or less, but things can be innately beautiful without any expectation or cultural mask.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleLakefingers
    #10058281 - 03/28/09 03:18 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Aye.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
    #10074397 - 03/30/09 02:56 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

care to explain more about "accessing memories by cadence" and the difference in "matching by forms"?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: emotional connotations... [Re: MJF]
    #10075394 - 03/30/09 05:36 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

a form motif within any frame is 2-d
while the cadence motif is 3-d

to match on sequence
both the passing wake embossed into the current frame and the  frame motif itself  is matched, then the next is compared to create a very resonant series of cadence related frames.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom