Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Emotions [Re: Rose]
    #7062209 - 06/18/07 03:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sorry, but love isn't serotonin, it does not lie dependent upon any chemical composition to exist, and it isn't an emotion, but a level of consciousness, a state of being.

Maybe you should stop using the word "love" altogether and start using the word "infatuation"? Then your posts would make perfect sense. :smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7062232 - 06/18/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Love is ONE emotion. You can feel OTHER emotions while feeling LOVE.

No. Love is a state of being. It's a higher level of awareness and sentience.
Fear is on the other pole.
They do define each other but they're being on different levels.

Quote:

The play, "Othello" is a play about real love, and jealousy. In that play, the love was real... but jealousy got in the way... and we and up with two dead lovers... Othello and Desdemona.

Shakespeare didn't pull that plot out of his ass, he saw that sort of thing happen ALL THE TIME.

Hmm playing is different than directly experiencing, even though you van set your mind so great that you can actually believe that you're feeling love.
You can have strong emotions by looking at a picture with a field filled with flowers, but it's not the same as actually being there, smelling the flowers and touching them.

Quote:

You can be in love, and AFRAID.

You can be in love, and feel JOY.

You can feel love AND jealousy at the same time.

I think we really must be able to make the difference between plain attraction and love.
Love is about making a connection on a very deep level with another person. When two people get that connection they know each other, they feel each other and reveal their true selves.
This love, this connection and constant exchange of information and feelings leaves no room for doubt or fear, it's a logical contradiction if you like.
That feeling of safety and unconditional love can't make one feel fear, this is something pretty obvious.

Quote:

Many young adults see the world the way you do... but by seeing the world in that light, you are also, redefining the words, "Emotion" and, "Love".

If we can't agree about what words mean, how can we have a discussion?

How exactly am I redefining words?
And even if I do (which I am sure I am not but anyways :shrug:), maybe those words need to be redefined, it also has so very much to do with philosophy because it relates for the constant searching for the ideal, for the best method/meaning/function.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Emotions [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7062254 - 06/18/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Oh... you lovers...

You're BOTH wrong.

Fireworks: I never said love IS serotinin. I said love triggers a release OF serotonin. True.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(scientific_views)

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,993160,00.html

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7062259 - 06/18/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
You can be in love, and AFRAID.

You can be in love, and feel JOY.

No, you cannot. Well, joy is pretty much a natural expression of love, but fear is an obstruction of the experience of love. As previously stated, love is a level of consciousness, and fear is the result of thought processes that obstruct our ability to be centered within that level of consciousness. We fear when our sense of security is threatened. Its hard to experience life centered in the level of consciousness of love when one is still attached to the security level of consciousness. :smirk:

Maybe you should review the definitions of the words "love" and "infatuation" before you accuse others of misusing the words? :what:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7062262 - 06/18/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

So... the theorist knows better than the experiencer, huh? :smirk:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Emotions [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7062269 - 06/18/07 04:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Maybe you should review the definitions of the words "love" and "infatuation" before you accuse others of misusing the words? :what:

And perhaps you should read the links I posted to the science, concerning the emotion of love, before protecting your girl... in an act of lover's passion. :tongue:

FG, you are proving my point FOR me.

Now go, read my links. I am not making this up. I am not trying to hurt anybody's feelings, either.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

Re: Emotions [Re: Droz]
    #7062289 - 06/18/07 04:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The reason you feel weak is you feel regretful of allowing yourself to be hurt so While you think it is "weakening" your heart, it is indeed making it stronger. Every time we introduce ourselves to new, exciting emotions, and make ourselves vulnerable to someone wrongdoing us, even if they do it unconsciously, it is going to be hurtful at times.

I have come to this understanding in my months now of being away from a woman I love dearly and see a brilliant future with that had been clouded up with what seemed like a line of hurricanes of problems and road bumps, and I no longer could see the end game. That being said, the arguments (difference of opinion, opening others eyes to new things), and worry (whatever pre-occupied phobia that we all have personally when it comes to relationships) may just be a part of what a long term relationship is about. If you ask an old 90 year old couple if everything was a straight line, hunky dory, smiling always good time, they would probably say "hell no, but we made it through and we had some good laughs." But the important thing to make sure to keep in your mind is to treat your partner with respect and deep underlying sense of caring, even when you're judging them indirectly about a bad habit of theres.

Perhaps we have all become too sensitive?

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Edited by DrCamacho89 (06/18/07 04:31 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7062311 - 06/18/07 04:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

And isn't it true that you said that you can shape your feelings at your Will?
You should know better since you're an actor :smirk:
If so, isn't that our AWARENESS, Will, make that chemical release happen?
When we acknowledge love, we choose to get ourselves immersed in it and decide to be absorbed in that state.
It is only chemical if you decide to look at it only from a chemical POV.
As well as this world is only material if you decide to look at it from a material aspect.
From the moment we decide to take responsibility for our feelings we can't say that they are dependent on things we can not control, it's a contradiction :wink:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7062315 - 06/18/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
I am not making this up. I am not trying to hurt anybody's feelings, either.

All you are doing is turning this into a personalized discussion, which lies at odds with the purpose and intention of this forum. I see no reason why I (or anyone) should engage in discussion of ideas and be subsequently subjected to comments such as these in a forum that is specifically intended for the discussion of ideas, and not the personal nature of those presenting them.

With that said, I will now recreate my reply I was working on before it crashed...

Quote:

You're BOTH wrong.

Well, as much as I love being served judgement, I'd tend to expect some demonstration as to the nature of my being wrong, if I am to lend any credence to said judgement. Without engaging in discussion regarding the perspectives I've presented, which is the spirit in which I engaged your perspective on the matter, your conclusion is unsubstantiated, effectively worthless.

Quote:

Fireworks: I never said love IS serotinin. I said love triggers a release OF serotonin. True.

I never stated that you said love is serotonin; I stated that love is not serotonin. Perhaps you could expand upon how you have related the subject matter with the presence of specific chemicals? You said love triggers a release of serotonin (your usage of the word is very ambigious in consideration of the context in which you've placed it, and you have not yet clarified this), and I'm interested in knowing more about how this is in regards to the subject. What does it mean? What role is it playing in your point of view?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7062327 - 06/18/07 04:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

You gonna' read the links to scientific evidence I provided... or are you gonna' keep reacting to me like I have picked an unfair fight?

You are still proving my point FG.

You are taking things personally which I did not say to you.

You are reading malice into benign thoughts. And, apparently, you are still a few posts behind, in this thread.

You are reacting emotionally, and not logically. That is fine... but it is unfounded. Love IS a crazy emotion.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7062336 - 06/18/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
And isn't it true that you said that you can shape your feelings at your Will?
You should know better since you're an actor :smirk:
If so, isn't that our AWARENESS, Will, make that chemical release happen?
When we acknowledge love, we choose to get ourselves immersed in it and decide to be absorbed in that state.
It is only chemical if you decide to look at it only from a chemical POV.
As well as this world is only material if you decide to look at it from a material aspect.
From the moment we decide to take responsibility for our feelings we can't say that they are dependent on things we can not control, it's a contradiction :wink:

You are finally getting on board, MT. :smile:

We choose to feel emotions. True.

What happens next, we can't always control... since we are under the influence of chemicals.

I said as much in my first post.

You've almost got it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7062350 - 06/18/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

What happens next, we can't always control.

This is a really vague explanation... we can't always control.
What "we" (we the Shroomery, we the living beings, we humans, we... what "we"?)
And "can't always" doesn't speak for everybody :smirk:
And what happens next?

You also said that love is crazy which means unpractical and unfounded, something beyond control.
You're contradicting yourself :shrug:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Edited by MushroomTrip (06/18/07 04:55 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7062359 - 06/18/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

IF I fall in love... I can't always control where that emotion will take me... not with a clear head, for you see... I will already be under the chemical influence of love.

It is sorta' like being an unreliable driver when you are drunk.

And, by, "We" I meant, "We humans".

Often, as an actor... I just fake it... or, "Schmact" my way through a scene. It is not very rewarding... but, some emotions are too hot to be consistently reliable on stage... especially for a young, inexperienced, or just plain bad actor.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7062373 - 06/18/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
You gonna' read the links to scientific evidence I provided... or are you gonna' keep reacting to me like I have picked an unfair fight?

You are still proving my point FG.

You are taking things personally which I did not say to you.

You are reading malice into benign thoughts. And, apparently, you are still a few posts behind, in this thread.

You are reacting emotionally, and not logically. That is fine... but it is unfounded. Love IS a crazy emotion.

This entire post deserves to be deleted, in accordance with the rules of this forum. Not one of these sentences focuses upon the on-topic discussion of this thread, and, in case you weren't already aware, discussing the personal nature of other posters is not acceptable in this forum.

So, you can take your assertions regarding the nature of my "reactions", you can take your conclusions regarding how I am reading things, you can take empty statements regarding how many posts I am behind, you can take your entirely unsubstantiated statement that I am "proving your point", you can take your assertion regarding me "protecting my girl", you can take your reference to us being "lovers", and you can consider them unposted.

Feel free to send them to me through private messages if you want, because none of this contributes to the productive discussion of ideas. Its akin to sabotage of individuals who are interested in discussing ideas on an ideaological level, instead of failing to address dissenting and critical viewpoints with anything more than "you're wrong", "you're only proving my point", and various remarks concerning the personal nature of individuals, which is, of course, not what this forum is for.

Now, in order to facillitate your ability to focus on discussing ideas, I will now do you a favor and quote specific points I raised in direct response to ideas that you presented, so that you can focus upon them and actually discuss the ideas, in a productive and intelligent fashion. Any continuance of these projections of the personal nature of others will not be tolerated.

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
As previously stated, love is a level of consciousness, and fear is the result of thought processes that obstruct our ability to be centered within that level of consciousness. We fear when our sense of security is threatened. Its hard to experience life centered in the level of consciousness of love when one is still attached to the security level of consciousness. :smirk:

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Well, as much as I love being served judgement, I'd tend to expect some demonstration as to the nature of my being wrong, if I am to lend any credence to said judgement. Without engaging in discussion regarding the perspectives I've presented, which is the spirit in which I engaged your perspective on the matter, your conclusion is unsubstantiated, effectively worthless.

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I never stated that you said love is serotonin; I stated that love is not serotonin. Perhaps you could expand upon how you have related the subject matter with the presence of specific chemicals? You said love triggers a release of serotonin (your usage of the word is very ambigious in consideration of the context in which you've placed it, and you have not yet clarified this), and I'm interested in knowing more about how this is in regards to the subject. What does it mean? What role is it playing in your point of view?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7062376 - 06/18/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yes some can some can't
Some can eliminate negative additional feelings, some can't :shrug:
I was referring to the cases when we're being able to rid all the destructive emotions that make love be blind.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7062391 - 06/18/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
IF I fall in love... I can't always control where that emotion will take me... not with a clear head, for you see... I will already be under the chemical influence of love.

When I smell a dandelion, and its chemical components enter into my system and subsequently alter my own chemical composition, I personally choose not to use it as a scapegoat for my own inability to assume responsibility for myself and my ability to effectively act and make decisions.

We can create any excuse we desire to evade personal responsibility. It speaks nothing for the nature of the emotional experience itself. :sorry:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibleadrug

#7062430 - 06/18/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Love makes you do stupid things. Deny it all you want, but its true.

Moderator edit: Removed portion of reply that is in violation of forum rules.

Edited by fireworks_god (06/18/07 05:18 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7062444 - 06/18/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Yes some can some can't
Some can eliminate negative additional feelings, some can't :shrug:
I was referring to the cases when we're being able to rid all the destructive emotions that make love be blind.

Certainly, the more experience you have with an emotion, the better you become at controlling it.

Now, I have to go to work.

Moderator Edit: Removed portion of post that is in violation of the forum rules.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by fireworks_god (06/18/07 05:24 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Emotions [Re: adrug]
    #7062446 - 06/18/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
Love makes you do stupid things. Deny it all you want, but its true.

Is that so? The position of the planet Jupiter makes people do stupid things too, doesn't it? :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Emotions [Re: adrug]
    #7062468 - 06/18/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

If forced to choose between love as a nebulous and tired romantic ideal and love as an incredible and impossibly complex chemical and electromagnetic reaction in the most unusual life form yet, with life itself being an incredible and impossible notion in the first place, a reaction designed for the benefit of the species and indeed for the benefit of all life as we know it... well, I will take the latter. Love is not the purpose of life, because there is no purpose to life. It simply is, and that, certainly, is what makes it beautiful. Love is not magic, nor "spiritual energy", nor a "life force"... it is not mysticism or mythology. Love is not sex, or even the periphery that surrounds sex and the process of mating. It is the one thing that keeps us alive, the one thing that leads us to protect ourselves and the people around us. It is a glue that helps us to keep going, and that is greater than any romantic myth you could invent.

Humans are fascinated by the juxtaposition of the impossible with the possible, the fantasy with the real. Isn't the real enough? Isn't the real more potent than our inventions? A miracle is a cheap and petty thing compared to true human experience.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder