Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
The Set and The Setting
    #902079 - 09/23/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The Set is Humanity, and the Setting is Earth.  Evolution on mushrooms has caused simian mind Sets to make bodily actions that change their environment, and thereby change the earthly Setting.  I think thats roughly why humans are here now.  There is a direct correlation between an enjoyable mushroom setting and a beneficial human environment.  If it's a fun place to eat mushrooms, then it's a good place to live, and vice versa.  Humans have invented technology to make the setting better.  We predict the weather (nature) so we will know what places will be best to go to for setting. 

Humans also created governments to control their societies.  Now, some of these governments have decided to wage a war on "drugs".  The war has not only failed, but is being lost.  In the process, some things were put on a list of bad "drugs" that shouldnt have been: mushrooms and marijuana.  What are governments really trying to do with the drug war?  What is their strategy?  Trying to eradicate or control drugs has been a failure, and there is no reason to believe that it ever will succeed.  Maybe we shouldn't believe that is their goal.  A goal that is unattainable must have its approaches questioned. 

Governments are controlling the setting in which drugs are taken.  If the setting is terrible, then drug experience will be terrible.  Therefore users will not want to experience drugs.  A problem with this approach is that life in general must become terrible in order to make drug experiences terrible.  An environment where the threat of imprisonment, shooting, beating, theft of home and property, is a terrible setting.  This is a terrible setting for anyone, intoxicated or sober.  This is the setting that governments are trying to create, despite the resistance of their citizens.

How they have resisted!  We can safely enjoy eating candy and chocolate, drinking a beer, having a cup of coffee, or puffing on a cigarette.  Humanity has succeeded in creating a proper setting for these drug experiences.  Our mission now, is to learn from our past, and create a setting for the marijuana and mushroom experiences.  Humanity, as a whole, has failed in their approaches so far.  Yet I have faith that the goal can be reached.

Humanity must improve the Earth, by living with nature, by using technology.  We must master the art of cooperation and teamwork, understanding and tolerance.  We must make more music, more movies, more art, for all of these things make us smarter.  Education, governments, police; these are all part of a proper setting.  Use what works, stop using what doesn't.  Prohibition doesn't work: freedom does.  Prohibitionists act like bratty snotnosed kids running around with guns, they need to grow up.  Anti-druggies are afraid because they believe the pro-drug community wants everyone to be doing drugs all the time, which is not true.  Here's an analogy: psychedelics are kinda like the zoo: you dont visit the zoo every day, just once and a while, a few people love the zoo, most people dont go to the zoo.  Even though not everyone likes the zoo, some people do, and that is their choice, and it benefits all.  That is freedom, and freedom works. 

The success of parts of the Drug War would be a failure for all humanity.  A life of constant war, torture, hate, rape, injustice, shitty art?  That doesn't sound good to me; that is what a world without psychedelics represents.  Look at all of our art, it cries out this message.  Any view of the future without drugs is terrible: Terminator, 1984, Blade Runner, The Matrix, Starship Troopers, Aliens, Total Recall, Minority Report, etc.  So many views of the horrible past where we tried to live without good: Schindlers List, Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, Paths of Glory.  Art that masterfully shows how horrible life can be.  I believe we need new art to show us positive visions of the future: a setting that people would love to live in! 

There is a whole lot of art out now that reveals the influence of psychedelics.  2001, Lord of the Rings, American Beauty, Contact, Austin Powers, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, etc.  Basically, alot of good stuff that has come out post 1960.  Most of these movies don't explicitly talk about or mention psychedelics, but the influence is undeniable.  In 2001 we can imagine that the black monolith is a metaphor for the mushroom.  Lord of the Rings has mushroom folklore written all over it, and as a plus the protagonists smoke weed.  There are tons of abstract connections out there; movies are just beginning to show them, music is getting deeper and deeper into them.  Art is connecting deeper with reality.  In creating better art, we are creating a better setting, because art is a part of the setting.

DISCLAIMER: This post has no point.  It is a rant about a hypothetical planet named Eart.  It is in no way the same planet Earth which we all share, even though the fool who wrote it misspelt 'Eart' with an extra 'h' in many places.  :wink:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (09/23/02 08:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: The Set and The Setting [Re: pattern]
    #902314 - 09/23/02 05:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

in a society where death is percieved to exsist can you blame them for their error in thinking, or love them into the light. You dont need drugs anyways, you need nothing outside of yourself, all of it, all of it is an illusion, even your own reflection in the mirror.

urge them to go within, there are no victims or villians. I may be percieved as a crazy lunatic by many of you due to my mood swings. But I know at least one person on this site knows what i am doing. Is this a beautiful construction of reality and illusion or am i a lunatic with mood swings? If it is a construction than what am i trying to accomplish here on this site?

I can assure you that the construction is over in this forum. I have seen the inner light of so many of you that i thought did not exsist by Gods design, I am deeming that theory false. No more does darkness have to exsist on this site or anywhere for that matter to experience the light. The illusions do not have to be created anymore, they are already there as thoughts of past experiences, physical pain, they are evrywhere and quite automatic. So many of us and even on this site are creating illusions without even knowing it, sorry to point the finger at you swami but its the truth. We have all been creating illusions to some degree through various points in our lives. If we are to evolve as ascended beings you must learn too see through the illusions.

Don't get me wrong here, life is not in doubt, but remaining in the illusions for your entire stay on earth is not what we came here to do.

As long as you believe yourself to be at the effect of your experience, completely enveloped in anxiety and negative karma, thinking someone is punishing you, the illusion will remain a reality.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Edited by ViBrAnT (09/23/02 06:37 PM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: The Set and The Setting [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #902474 - 09/23/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> in a society where death is percieved to exsist can you blame them for their error
> in thinking, or love them into the light.

they must be blamed, they must be loved.  we all make mistakes, but we shouldnt
ignore mistakes, we should fix them.  admit that reality is real.  THANK GOD! :smile:

> You dont need drugs anyways,

you're right, i dont, so i dont do them. 
but people say that AFTER they've tried them!! :wink: 
but what about the befuddled masses who havent? 
look at the mess they are making!  :frown: 
but they dont have the right setting, so... we should help others attain that.
its a long process requiring lots of time, energy, money, work.

> you need nothing outside of yourself, all of it, all of it is an illusion, even
> your own reflection in the mirror.
> urge them to go within, there are no victims or villians. I may be percieved as a
> crazy lunatic by many of you due to my mood swings. But I know at least one person
> on this site knows what i am doing. Is this a beautiful construction of reality
> and illusion or am i a lunatic with mood swings?
> If it is a construction than what am i trying to accomplish here on this site?

is it all an illusion?  might as well live in it, might as well make the illusion better. 
i personally think this is all real, and the unknown is labelled an illusion.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (09/23/02 08:05 PM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: The Set and The Setting [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #902476 - 09/23/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

:shocked:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (09/23/02 07:19 PM)

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #902561 - 09/23/02 07:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

:confused:

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#903629 - 09/24/02 01:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Prohibitionists act like bratty snotnosed kids running around with guns, they need to grow up.

Anyone offended by this statement?

Speak now or forever hold your testicles.

Are prohibitionists the brats of humanity?
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies