Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter.
    #9006439 -

Ok, well I'm breaking a promise to do some ID work to post this but since it's late and I'll post the results tomorrow, here goes.  This is something I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while now.  Perhaps it will enlighten a few folks here about talking shit on the Interwebz.

Times were when I was a big Ron Paul supporter.  I thought the guy had good ideas and was sure I'd back him if he ran for Prez.  So he ran, and all the fucking nutjobs came out of their closets to spew their "opinions," and I use that word loosely, about why Ron Paul was the next Messiah.  I'm speaking of the hordes of Internet freakozoids that attempted to cram Ron Paul down everyone's throat at every available opportunity.  Big turnoff, big mistake.  After I got a look at some of the Ron Paulites, I said, "No thanks," and walked away.

Now I've been a big fan/supporter of Barack Obama's from day one.  There are many reasons for this but the bottom line was I thought America had grown past the race issue.  Turns out, I was wrong.  I got to watch some racist, feminist cunts from my OWN party (mostly old hags/Roman Catholics) turn and run from Barack because he had African blood.  It turned my stomach, still does.  I was more determined than ever to back my guy, Barack Hussein Obama.  I made phone calls for him, went door to door for him, donated to his campaign and was delighted to have such an articulate person running on the Democratic ticket.

Personally, I thought, and still think, John McCain is a nutjob.  I really think he has emotional/mental issues from the POW camp.  I think he's a loose cannon.

But I'm voting for him.

Why?

Two reasons:

1)  The mindless, hate-filled insubstantial attacks, some of them very personal, on Sarah Palin from Big Media.  A woman who reminds me of my Mom.  She seems like a decent woman with a lot going for her.  Simply put, she deserved better.  And, like my Mom, Sarah and I don't always see eye to eye, but I respect her.

2)  The same reason I left Ron Paul only this time it's not her supporters, it's her Internet adversaries, guys like a few that post here and many other message boards/blogs, including Salon magazine, another place I post.  Let me just say, "I was a fan of Salon."

I'm just posting this so people here will know what they now know at other places I've posted--"Actions on the Internet have consequences".  So maybe, just maybe, the next time some of you on here think you're doing your party a favor, if you happen to be a Democrat like me, think again.  You're bashing people to the other side.  I am sure I'm not alone in this.  I am certain that many people are turned off by the amount of vitriol spewed by Internet idiots against a woman who seems like a decent person and have switched over to McCain/Palin because of it.

Keep up it, guys.  Remember this post in the event that McPain actually wins and remember, "YOU helped."  Good job.

:congrats:

Sorry, Barack.  If you do win, I'll be happy but I won't sit on my ass and watch a woman like Sarah Palin viciously attacked on a personal level for no reason other than partisan bigorty.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9006474 -

Good point.  I suppose it would be a bad choice to pick a candidate based on your perception of their character, judgement, and experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9006537 -

>She seems like a decent woman with a lot going for her.  Simply put, she deserved better.

People said mean things about her so she deserves to be Vice President of the United States?


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: zouden]
    #9006584 -

lol did you just say you are voting for a guy that has issues from being a POW? wow have fun with that friend...

no way do i want an overly aggressive war veteran as my president... id rather have him as my Secretary of Defense OR Director of Homeland Security. McCain did nothing but ATTACK Obama, all debate long...

not sure what you are trying to prove, except that this is your way of "getting back" at all those internet posters you are addressing...

well, at least your voting...


--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: PookztA]
    #9006601 -

I think McCain and Obama both suck but I am going to vote for the lesser of two evils which I think is Obama. My values are more republican but currently there really isn't a home for me in the republican party. The only way to change our system is to vote issues important to you and that wont happen for me with the current administration which I think currently any republican candidate would almost be an extension of.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: apostle11]
    #9006622 -

> I think McCain and Obama both suck but I am going to vote for the lesser of two evils which I think is Obama.

If everybody that I heard say that were to vote for a 3rd party candidate, then maybe neither of the two evils would win.  I find people that are voting for somebody they don't like because they feel that have no choice to be weak.

> a woman like Sarah Palin viciously attacked on a personal level for no reason other than partisan bigorty.

Pretty much why I tend to defend her.  I have no idea if she will be a good VP or not, but she seems to have done a good job as Governor (with respect to approval ratings).  However, the fallacious and vindictive attacks are sickening, even considering that she is on a presidential ticket (which seems to lower the ethics level of media, in general).


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: Seuss]
    #9006632 -

Seuss said:
> I think McCain and Obama both suck but I am going to vote for the lesser of two evils which I think is Obama.

If everybody that I heard say that were to vote for a 3rd party candidate, then maybe neither of the two evils would win.  I find people that are voting for somebody they don't like because they feel that have no choice to be weak.



I was in favor of Ron Paul early on especially due to some of ideas that I heard him speak on. Example internet gaming that the at the time Republican senate decided to throw onto a port security bill.

Also I don't think it is being weak to vote for the lesser of two evils (in my mind) because although I hate the way our 2 party system works (see the two party system dumb idea thread I just posted) it is just the way it is and with no 3rd party candidate running now nationally what choice do I really have. I have to vote the issues and right now that is with Obama for me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: apostle11]
    #9006669 -

> it is just the way it is and with no 3rd party candidate running now nationally what choice do I really have.

You have the choice to vote for 3rd party candidates rather than giving up and being raped by the two party system.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Seuss]
    #9007036 -

.


--------------------
.

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #9007079 -

Likewise, I'm still going to attack Obama. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of morons who know nothing as president.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. *DELETED* [Re: Seuss]
    #9007134 -

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: s

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: roby000]
    #9007179 -

> I personally find your entire reason for flip flopping on candidates irrational.

Eh?  I have steadfastly supported any third party candidate?  What flip flopping of mine are you talking about?


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Seuss]
    #9007188 -

.


--------------------
.

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 01:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #9007206 -

Doh... I think you are correct.  Makes a bit more sense.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: Seuss]
    #9007219 -

sorry was replying to OP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: apostle11]
    #9007229 -

apostle11 said:
I think McCain and Obama both suck but I am going to vote for the lesser of two evils which I think is Obama.



everyone claims they are both the lessor of two evils, why
vote for an evil at all, make a difference instead of
following the rest of the herd, vote 3rd party, of course they
arent going to win in this election but if there's enough
support it will make a change for our future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9007356 -

:lol:

That is the worst rationale I've ever heard for voting for anyone in any office. Apparently you don't care about their stands on policy issues?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9007372 -

wow! its good to have you on our side! (PALIN/mccain) I always enjoyed reading your posts even though you worked on the Obama campaign. You will be a great asset to Palin's campaign!

My story is that i did some volunteer work for Bush in 2000.

I became disappointed with Bush and did not contribute any time or money in 2004. (only a vote...)

I donated money to Ron Paul and put a RP sign in my front yard during the primaries. I was very disappointed when McCain won the Republican nomination. (McCain was not even my 5th choice!)


I bitched and moaned about McCain for a few weeks until Phred and Zappa set me straight.:grin: I decided to hold my nose and vote for insane McCain but thats it! NO money NO volunteer work.

When McCain nominated Palin i was thrilled! Now thats fucking change! Alaska is about as far from Washington D.C. politics as you can get! I know this sounds gay but i even got a little teary eyed when McCain introduced her for the first time.  Immediately i contributed money to the ticket and i told them on the phone that this donation is because of McCain's choice of Sarah Palin! I have continued to donate money and plan on doing some volunteer work when it gets closer to election day.


:cheer:



BTW the vicious anti-palin threads in this site have slowed down a little but i expect them to dominate the entire first page again as we get closer to election day. but thankfully we have Seuss keeping them straight!:grin:


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9007382 -

Shouting kneejerk comments about Obama every time someone says something about Palin is hardly "keeping anyone straight".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I switched from Obama campaign worker to McCain supporter. [Re: Redstorm]
    #9007388 -

Have i told you this week yet that you make me sick?


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (09/30/08 10:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bush Supports Ban on Assault Weapons
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 4,465 42 05/10/03 11:30 AM
by Xlea321
* Campaign Overhaul unbeliever 502 2 10/26/04 02:32 PM
by JesusChrist
* New Bush Ad Features McCain Endorsement fft2 986 10 07/08/04 09:25 AM
by afoaf
* Don?t Think the Bush Campaign Stole This Election? Think Again ekomstop 5,578 10 11/06/04 08:23 AM
by ekomstop
* Interesting stuff from McCain. luvdemshrooms 357 0 06/18/04 05:20 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* The United States is NOT Capitalist...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
trendalM 17,903 133 09/28/09 11:34 AM
by Phred
* Poll: Obama, Hillary Beat GOP in '08 lonestar2004 1,289 4 07/21/07 08:50 PM
by xFrockx
* Supporting our troops
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
silversoul7 8,481 129 04/25/04 12:15 AM
by Phred

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
6,362 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 18 queries.