Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin
    #855135 - 08/31/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Is there a way to do this? Since theres such a shortage on acid... You could maybe make some blotter art, and pass it off as acid, or even just tell them the truth, you could charge 5 a hit ya know.... Could make some money....

Is there a way to extract it?

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #855188 - 08/31/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Distribution isnt smart, have fun spending 5 years =)

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: ]
    #855191 - 08/31/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

make friends not money

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: ]
    #855196 - 08/31/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I never said i was going to, it was just a hypothetical situation.

And besides, wouldn't it be cool to have hits of shrooms...

I used to dry out shrooms and crush them up and put them into OO size gelcaps, it worked good for "transporting" just toss them in a pill bottle labeled something like "GINKO BILOBA SUPPLEMENT" and who would know the difference?

BUT back to the original question... Is there a way to do this?

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

#855199 - 08/31/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes with alcohol

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: shaggymane]
    #855205 - 08/31/02 02:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I found some posts on it, but it's not really a good way to do it, i want it pure... not some crappy method that just increases potency X2 or something like that... I want it pure... I know i could do a crappy tek over and over, but theres gotta be a better way than the stuff people have suggested before.

--------------------

Edited by TripsAreForKids (08/31/02 02:58 PM)

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

#855217 - 08/31/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

search extracting psilocybin in all forms for 1 year and blim blim

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: shaggymane]
    #855220 - 08/31/02 03:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thats what i did, and the only method is with methanol and that would yield just a more potent substance you started with, im looking for making it 90% pure. Im searching yahoo and shit right now... Ill post back if i find anything usefull... Most of what i find is unreliable sources that i would never want to try, because most people who write extraction teks are crackheads.

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #855223 - 08/31/02 03:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

#855224 - 08/31/02 03:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Heres Something Interesting, but not quite what im looking for, informative nonetheless...

http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Extraction_and_analysis_of_indole_derivatives_from_fungal_biomass.10410.shtml

--------------------

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: matts]
    #855226 - 08/31/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

but it could cause complications due to its toxicity

As long as it evaporates completely, its fine. Try it on a hot plate, take some methanol, fill er up, evaporate, look for any residue whatsoever.

I also came across the cranberry juice method, which is almost laughable...

HAS ANYONE EVER EXTRACTED PSILOCIN OR PSILOCYBIN?
i want to hear from someone who has experience.

--------------------

Edited by TripsAreForKids (08/31/02 03:15 PM)

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

#855262 - 08/31/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Hallucinogenic Mushrooms using Mass Spectrum Analyses

A representative sample of 2-10grams of dried mushrooms is ground to a fine powder by mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1h. the beaker is placed in a boiling water back for 8-10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid mixture reacher 70C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under running water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushrooms powder by suction filtration using glass wool. The filtrate is brought to pH 8 with concentrated ammonuim hydroxide and quickly extracted with 50-mL portions of diethyl ether. Gentle mixing instead of shaking should be used to prevent an emulsion. The ether is dried over sodium sulfate. Filtered and evaporated under nitrogen with no applied heat.

Crude psilocin will appear as a greenish residue. Recrystalization from chloroform yields white crystals. The resulting powder can then be submitted into infrared and mass spectral analyses.

---------------

This method permits rapid isolation of psilocin from hallucinogenic mushrooms by coextraction of both psilocin and psilocybin. Dilute acetic acid is an excellent solvent for this purpose, because both compounds are very soluble in acetic acid and very little of interfering substances are extracted. It is most likely some other compounds are coextracted but are removed from psilocin in the ether extraction from the aqueous base. Psilocybin is completely dephosphorylated to psilocin by heating the acid extract. After addition of the base, extraction into ether should be performed promptly, because of decomposition of psilocin at a greater than 7 pH. The extraction and dephosporylation steps produce reasonably pure psilocin from a small amount of mushrooms material. Two grams of mushrooms often be sufficient to obtain and infrared specturm of psilocin. Smaller mushroom exhibits provide ample psilocin for mass spectral analysis.

This method has been used in our laboratory for six months and has given excellent results in separating psilocing from methanol-soluble compounds. Other indentification techniques such as gas chromotography and microcrystalline tests are possible on psilocin extracted by this method.

This is what I was looking for.

--------------------

Edited by TripsAreForKids (08/31/02 04:09 PM)

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#855379 - 08/31/02 05:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The idea sounds retarded to me......... Selling a substance as another substance to make $5 ??????

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
    #855420 - 08/31/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You found some good info.. It would be nice to only have to take a little bit of whatever as opposed to dealing with a few grams of shrooms or shroom powder.  I think column chromatography would be the easiest thing to do.  You could do a crude extraction with acetic acid or even methanol and then just run it through a column.  You would get a relatively pure product which you could then clean pretty easily.  Then at least you wouldn't have to deal with as many reagents as are required in the last procedure.  Oh, and I think that if you did really get a pure product it would probably go best in a gel format.    Mmm... Psychedelic Jello.  :grin: 

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #856076 - 09/01/02 01:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Some good info there .
The extraction sounds similar to a DMT extraction.

There is a plus side of extracting psilocybin from mushrooms, no stomach upsets!

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #856115 - 09/01/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well you're never going to get psilocybin on blotters because LSD is about 150 times more potent than psilocybin. You'd still need a tablet, and if you need a tablet why not just put the mushroom itself in gelcaps?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: Xlea321]
    #856248 - 09/01/02 05:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, it would still be easier to get down one tiny capsule as oposed to several of those 00 or even 000 capsules. I hate trying to choke down those things.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: NeonBlack]
    #856361 - 09/01/02 07:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i would like to respond to this query.

In five dried grams of psilocybine mushrooms ( P. cubensis)L Comparable to a Mazatec Indian Ceremonial dosage there is only 20 to 30 milligrams of psilocine, which your body has to convert, through amination, to psilocybine.

Than means in five thousand milligrams of dried mushroom powder that only 20 to 30 milligrams are the actual chemical.

Very hard to measure.

Eat the shrooms.. Unless you are taking organic chemistry you will most likely not extract anything worth eating.

mj

And psilocybe cyanescens can be capped at 40 to 60 high doses per dried ounce at half grams a dose per dried ounce.

THE AVERAGE WOULD BE 56 DOSES.

NO PROBLEM, BUT PEOPLE BURN PEOPLE WITH PHONY MUSHROOMS IN CAPSULES AND EARTH PEOPLE LIKE TO SEE THE ACTUAL MUSHROOM.

MJ

Edited by mjshroomer (09/01/02 07:32 AM)

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #856368 - 09/01/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

The idea sounds retarded to me......... Selling a substance as another substance to make $5 ??????

Okay let me clear this up. I was just looking for a method of extraction, for purposes of storage and ease of ingestion, the idea of selling it as acid was just an idea.

And measuring a dose of pure extract would be a pain in the ass. You would either have to get an extremely accurate scale, which would cost about 2 grand, or trial and error, and trial and error doesn't sound like fun. Besides, it would depend on what strain, potency, etc, on how much it would yield.

I still want to try and extract it to a very pure form.

--------------------

Edited by TripsAreForKids (09/01/02 07:37 AM)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Extracting Psilocin, Psilocybin [Re: mjshroomer]
    #856419 - 09/01/02 07:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i agree..... but im pretty sure its the other way around, the body converts psilocybin into psilocin :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules