Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
GA season
    #799036 -

I was wondering, we just moved here from the pacific NW will miss all the great shrooms we found there, but dose anyone know when the seasons start here>
And what different kinds of species that we should be on the hunt for?
Columbus ga seems wet, and I love the heat, it is like a great big humitiy chamber.
It is also really quiet here, Were is all the noise?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #799083 -

Heh, Welcome to Georgia. You'll learn to hate the heat and humidity soon
In Columbus you'd be looking for Ps. Cubensis, you'd find it in cow pastures growing from/around cow manure. The season for cubes is from about May till about early November(depending on temps).
There are a few other species but I'm off to work, I'll add to this post when I get back.

Peace out,
-Gumby

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #799192 -

I have been studying mushrooms since I was a child, I have gathered meny spores over time, I thank you for your fast reply. I am really interested in all speicies that grow here.
I have plenty to share if you would like this last seasons spores, from the coast, Tacoma Seattle area.
So far we have seen only two mushrooms since we have arrived .. Ohh yes a few Polypores, but have yet to Id them We also brought, AMANITAS a few bags, but we do not eat them, were wondering how they would do here. We will be here for a couple of years, and I hope to study as much as I can. This is Like a forgin land to us..
So any comments will be great.. And thank you again for a quick reply...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #799218 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #799481 -

Unity,

Gumby Dude has actually created a great post of all the mushrooms that are found in this area. I forget the name of the post, but try typing in Georgia or something

But Im sure you'll be able to find some Panaeolus Subbs, Copelandia Cyans, and P. Cubensis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: angryshroom]
    #799692 -

Heres the URL to the post that you spoke of:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum3&Number=572712&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

There are a few species of mushrooms which were not included on that list because they were either rare or hard to identify. Heres some of the species which werent included:

Numorus species of Panaeolus Mushrooms
Psilocybe caerulipes
A few species of Gyms
And of course, Amanita muscaria.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: ]
    #800519 -


In reply to:
I am currently looking for different species/spores



Hallucinogenic species or mushrooms in general?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Remy]
    #800592 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: ]
    #800660 -

ahh, cool, I live in GA too. I can send you spores if youd like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #803654 -

Hallucinogenic species and mushrooms in general, all species I would like to learn as much as I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #805178 -

So far, here in Atlanta, Ive picked hundreds of Chantrelles, pan subbs, Indigo Milkys, a red aminita and Gyms. Of course Ive found hundreds of other species, but those are the ones of high interest I have found so far. Im really hoping to get some weilli and cubes in the next month or so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #842333 -

Thank you for the fast replys, I am on the hunt.... How is the season going thus far??



http://mushrooms.batcave.net/New%20index%5F2.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #843874 -

Moe, if you wanna hook up We are down, just let me know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Unity333]
    #844224 -



--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Macey Howard]
    #851893 -

how have things in ga been for everyone? i've been looking a few times and have had no luck at all i'm from north ga and from what i've been told my area is known as a hot spot for local shroomers. anyone??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: nuGGs]
    #852550 -



--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Macey Howard]
    #852813 -

You guys is lucky, livin in GA and all you guys would be proud to live in such a shroom populated area. unlike me good luck guys.


--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #853238 -

I havent found anything lately, but the rain is a commin....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #853266 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GA season [Re: Unity333]
    #862750 -

Copelandia cyanscens ? HERE IN GA?
really?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Late season Georgia Ps.cubensis(pics)
( 1 2 all )
Lizard King 4,071 23 11/26/04 10:40 PM
by SporeDrinker
* A guide to hunting edibles and actives in Georgia
( 1 2 all )
flowstone 11,598 23 05/10/05 10:58 PM
by mastacheefa
* Official Georgia Actives 2021 **NO I.D Requests**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 53 54 )
evlyshrooms 43,490 1,072 10/09/22 05:11 PM
by ScoutingEagle
* Wow! Georgia's lovely weather... Pig_In_Zen 1,923 9 03/10/05 01:36 PM
by Gumby
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,930 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* history of the weilli?
( 1 2 all )
subterranean 5,516 24 11/05/02 05:22 AM
by Anonymous
* fall season better than spring season? wds 1,933 12 05/04/05 01:30 AM
by Zeddicus
* Re: How many different species in Southeast? Lizard King 1,726 5 06/08/00 06:42 AM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,792 topic views. 1 members, 12 guests and 42 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.