Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Bay Area Pan Subbs [Re: CureCat]
    #8455317 -

Hmm galeropsis you say?

I know you found some but i never looked into them. I assumed I was always finding panaeolopsis. Also, I sent several samples to people. I hope they didnt get a galeropsis when they wanted a panaeolopsis!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bay Area Pan Subbs [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #8455334 -

They're both cool. I sent them to Workman thinking they were the same species but maybe different strains. But nope!

Here is Workman's original post with both the Panaeolopsis and Galeropsis microscopy composites (the thread is linked to below in "similar threads" as well):
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7497991#Post7497991


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bay Area Pan Subbs [Re: CureCat]
    #8455357 -

Hmm maybe I should send this five grams to workman then! Im not sure about the galeropsis though. I seem to always have much thinner stems and most of them dont have similar cap shapes. Who knows though... I have a lot of stuff I need to send out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bay Area Pan Subbs [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #8459258 -

Its a good point about the two different species possibly mixed together. I'd be hesitant to consume the galeropsis myself but would have no issues with testing the panaeolopsis, although both are probably fine.

Since you will want to test only one species at a time anyway, just crack open each dried cap and look at the gills for the spore pigment. The Panaeolopis spores are black and the Galeropsis spores are brown, simple (as long as they are somewhat mature).


--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bay Area Pan Subbs [Re: Workman]
    #8459685 -

Hmm... I believe I have all panaeolopsis i assume. They are all black except a few I dont want to split open yet. Let me get the rest of the samples out and then Ill start doing this...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bay Area pan subb patch Hongosmeester 4,105 19 01/04/03 05:50 PM
by Hongosmeester
* Please tell me these are pan subbs!! :D _JJ_ 2,872 10 02/10/02 10:36 AM
by Azure
* Help Pan Subbs.
( 1 2 all )
neoNihlist 4,567 26 02/28/02 06:09 AM
by Levi7
* best way to distinguish between pan subbs/pan foes?
( 1 2 all )
dogfood91 14,880 28 07/06/19 08:49 PM
by Mitchnast
* california pan subb ID needed llamaboy 1,624 4 04/28/04 01:12 AM
by ThatDaltonGuy
* Pan subbs up in CNY...
( 1 2 all )
flanders53 8,281 33 05/21/03 10:28 PM
by flanders53
* Pan subbs in their habitat (pics)
( 1 2 all )
nermski 13,034 27 06/08/03 07:37 PM
by Anonymous
* Pittsburgh, PA Questions. Pan. subb.? Gym. Aer.?? nagev 2,442 8 08/05/03 05:17 PM
by falcon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,910 topic views. 2 members, 29 guests and 28 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.