Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anybody here have experience in the military?
    #7372350 -

Tell me what branch you were in, what you did, and how you feel about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7372353 -

PM Banez.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: JunkFood]
    #7372383 -

He got kicked out of boot camp for a medical reason and thus never actually got to serve. Plus he's perma-banned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7372412 -

:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: JunkFood]
    #7372425 -

I have experience growing up as a military brat :tongue:


--------------------

What's a shroom?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: forbiddendonut]
    #7372431 -

Like Jim Morrison.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: JunkFood]
    #7372447 -

Come on people...someone who has been in the military and preferably gone to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7373962 -

I was in the Marines Corps, got out well before Iraq.

I didn't like it. They fuck with you WAY too much and everyone counts down the days and hours until they are out. I made great friends, saw a couple interesting things, but other than that it was a phase in my life.

I will say though that when applying for jobs telling people you are a former Marine sure impresses the Hell out of them.

Not really sure why.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7374010 -

Damn. I really need to make a change in my life and do something big. I was hoping that joining the military would be all romantic and stuff.

Call me a dork...but I kind of want to do something big and be a hero.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7374038 -

I understand how you feel. However, I spent the vast majority of my military life being yelled at, painting walls, cleaning rifles, marching over and over again, guard duty, firewatch, boredom all the time.

If you are really looking to be military hardcore then I suggest the Navy SEALS. They are the tippity-top of military cred IMO. Marine Recon second best, the rest just bleh.

Basically I wouldn't recommend the military to anyone unless:

A) They are using it to avoid incarceration.
B) They have a real desire to go fight in a war.
C) They are broke as hell, have no $$ or hope of getting any for school and want to learn a trade in which the military provides.

Other than the above reasons I would avoid the military. Especially after reading the horror stories of dudes coming back from Iraq all crippled and fucked up while the government helps them little or not at all.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I mowed grass a lot as well. Acres and acres and acres of push-mowing grass.

Edited by Left Nut City (09/06/07 10:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7374070 -

The SEALS sound too hardcore. It's a lifestyle that I wouldn't be prepared to engage in. I'm also too old (28) and too small (5'7 140 pounds) to get in.


It sucks that military duty sounds so mundane. If I were to be in I would want action and glory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7374077 -

dun worry man, some day shit will hit the fan close to home and you will have your chance to be a hero.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7374081 -

Ask anybody currently in the military when they are getting out. Immediately they will say "X days and a wake-up!".

I know very few people that like it. The ones that do we used to call "lifers" and they were a strange, strange lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7374085 -

HA... I could imagine a 5'7 140 pound guy trying to haul a 600 pound raft through rough surf with 3 other guys all 6'+ 200 lbs +... :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7374124 -

RandalFlagg said:
Damn. I really need to make a change in my life and do something big. I was hoping that joining the military would be all romantic and stuff.

Call me a dork...but I kind of want to do something big and be a hero.



i have no experiance in the military, but a very good friend of mine joined the army for pretty much the same reasons, and he considers it one of the biggest mistakes he's ever made.

the war has really fucked up his head too. here's a guy who, before he went, was a very outgoing, fun as hell to be around, laid back hippie kind of guy. now he can't even talk to anyone unless he drinks, and when he drinks he ends up getting angry and emotional.

he's completely lost faith in the iraq mission too. he's told me that we've (the military) killed more civilians than insurgents, and that we're only creating more future terrorists. he paints a pretty shitty picture of things when he talks about it.

it's war you know...nothing romantic and glorious about it.

try the peace corps or something instead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #7374165 -

Every now and then I consider becoming an officer.

I would need to be an officer so I wouldn't get dirty.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody here have experience in the military? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7374170 -

Go to sniper training...that looks like a lot of fun.  :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My brother might go into the military
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 5,778 51 04/25/08 08:19 PM
by AScannerDarkly
* PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004! kindkesey 898 4 08/10/04 02:59 PM
by Twirling
* Military Experiments with LSD *MPEGs* MuffinBear 989 4 10/13/03 10:54 AM
by bandaid
* What if we're at the brink of doing a scientific experiment that blows up the world?
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 1,350 28 03/02/18 05:59 PM
by Stonehenge
* My life and the military! *DELETED* Fungushungry 669 7 11/30/03 12:31 PM
by Effed
* Military helicopters over my area at night MOTH 910 4 05/06/04 09:40 PM
by downforpot
* Funny expressions, worst sexual experiences
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
OuchITripped 30,750 113 09/03/24 11:41 PM
by amontripper
* What is your greatest experience? 2Experimental 2,667 14 04/26/04 08:35 AM
by Vulture

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,188 topic views. 2 members, 244 guests and 255 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.