Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My life and the military! *DELETED*
    #2143667 -

Post deleted by Fungushungry


--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My life and the military! [Re: Fungushungry]
    #2143723 -

Wow man. That's pretty deep. But to tell you the truth, I'm sorta in that same position. I had everything, and I ruined it by partying so much.

I was 16 going on 17, frosh at a University, g/f of 3 years, nice car, and ever a motorcycle. I was the only frosh starter on the football team (Def-CB). I was having a great time. I didn't even make it a semester though. I was supended from the University for a year. And that was the turning point. After that it was all downhill. I dug myself into a huge hole. Went several thousand in debt. Was faced with my probation fee's, which had to be paid within 2 months (bear in mind I was 4,800 in debt, and the fee's were something like 2,000 dollars). I lost my car, I had to leave my g/f when I left the university (it was out-of-state), I was back living with my parents, sleeping on the couch (they gave my sister my room), and I'm still here today.

I'm elgible to go back to my old college in Jamuary, but I'm still a little bit in debt, so that's not a possibility yet. I'm thinking of attending a community college, to help save some money and try to get my shit together. Somethnig more local, and not-so-hard on the wallet, and just test myself, see if I got what it takes to pull my life back together. Money never really ment a lot to me, so I'm going for a degree in Child Education. I *finally* got a job (I've been looking since DEC of last year) and have been working for a Logistics company for the past 2 months. I make a $300-a-week paycheck, working Tues. Wed. And Thurs. from 6 PM to 6:30 AM, which in this small town is enough to live on your own in a small townhouse (you're be broke as hell though).

I too, am known as the town druggie. However, I've been (more or less) clean for 2 months. I admit to smoking 2 joints with my uncle on 2 seperate occations. . . 2 bowls with my marijuana dealer on 1 occation. That was in my 1st months after quitting when i was smoking about an oz a day. In the past month though, I've been clean up until 3 days ago when I bought a 1/4 ounce to get stoned off of, and to supply myself with the thanksgiving munchies. I had a joint leftover after that, so I'm kinda high now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be clean from here on out. I've got other priorities now that my car broke down. Other than marijuana though, I've been clean off of every other drug for 3 months now, with no exceptions.

I don't really have much advice for you, but I just thought you should know that you're not alone. My advice for you though, is to just keep looking for that job, take advantage of living at home with your parents, save up every penny you make, and put yourself into college if your parents won't co-sign a loan. Prove yourself to them, and then maybe the next semester they'll be willing to co-sign it for you. You gotta make them take your seriously.

Way to go with the drugs though, I found that drugs/alcohol (well, partying in general) were a major factor. I just wanted to go get fucked up. And now that I've been clean for a while, it's making me more paraniod. I'm much more motivated to work towards something now, though occationally I'm just like "fuck it, i can handle this, i can lead a shitty life that i hate" just because im so frusturated. I'll give up for a few days, just stop caring, then I'll just mentally slap myself and pull myself together again. Hopefully I can do the same with my life. Hopefully you can too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My life and the military! [Re: Fungushungry]
    #2143728 -

:frown:
Sorry that things are sucking so bad for you right now Fungus Hungry
It seems that you really are caught in a shitty ass situation
I don't really know what to say man
I can't tell you what to do with your life
You need to weigh out the pros and cons of every option and decide what you want most, and do what options you think will be the best for you.
No matter what, everything will eventually change in time
Hope you can sort through this situation, sorry i wasnt really any help
Hope you feel better man
Take it easy


--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:


"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My life and the military! *DELETED* [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2145238 -

Post deleted by Fungushungry


--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My life and the military! [Re: Fungushungry]
    #2145289 -

I met a guy in central america who rode his bike all the way to Honduras from Quebec. You can do whatever you want, you're capable of anything, and you just need to realize that. Going on a crazy adventure would help clear your head. Go somewhere cool. Get a backpack and leave anyway you can transport yourself. Sell your vehicle to get some cash. It costs hardly anything to survive in Central America and you'll meet all kinds of cool people and see lots of cool shit. It'll broaden your perspective and help you sort shit out. You won't have time to worry about your life when you're trying to communicate something to people who don't understand your language.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My life and the military! *DELETED* [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2145579 -

Post deleted by Fungushungry


--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My life and the military! *DELETED* [Re: Fungushungry]
    #2146550 -

Post deleted by Fungushungry


--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My life and the military! [Re: Fungushungry]
    #2146608 -

Dude, dont even say that shit..
Fuck the military. Just move.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Military Service Experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 6,071 56 02/28/05 11:37 AM
by California
* Write what you like about yourself! (positive post)
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,631 29 04/30/05 03:42 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* mods should delete drug porn post
( 1 2 3 4 all )
braski 17,998 78 10/29/22 05:25 PM
by 336
* My brother might go into the military
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 5,778 51 04/25/08 08:19 PM
by AScannerDarkly
* Subject: Military Wisdom Ripple 1,097 6 04/03/03 07:33 PM
by fjbk47985
* Programs to totally delete internet history??? splifftoter 1,925 10 07/14/04 08:28 PM
by OldSpice
* Have yourself a very r3tr0 Christmas! PapaverS 1,822 9 12/23/02 01:05 AM
by Jackal
* Un-incriminating yourself Drink_Punk_Soda 698 8 04/07/05 01:03 PM
by Shagshow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
669 topic views. 5 members, 37 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.