Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms
    #6794648 - 04/16/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

$498.00 for four volumes covering a whole year.
Individual prices are $149.00
$35.00 per copy of articles.

Table of Contents of this volume.

2007, Volume9
Issue 1

96 pages

DOI: 10.1615/IntJMedMushr.v9.i1
Issue price - $149.00

Table of Contents:
# Ethnomycology: Medicinal and Edible Mushrooms of the Tzeltal Maya of Chiapas, México
Aaron M. Lampman

# Evaluation of Therapeutic Activity of Hypogeous Ascomycetes and Basidiomycetes from North America
Rita Stanikunaite, James M. Trappe, Shabana I. Khan, Samir A. Ross

# Neurotropic and Trophic Action of Lion's Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.: Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) Extracts on Nerve Cells in Vitro
Mykhaylo G. Moldavan, Andriy P. Grygansky, Olena V. Kolotushkina, Burkhard Kirchhoff, Galina G. Skibo, Paola Pedarzani

# Potential Benefits of Ling Zhi or Reishi Mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (W. Curt.: Fr.) P. Karst. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) to Breast Cancer Patients
Alice W. Chen, John Seleen

# Adverse Effects of Mycelia and Culture Broth Extracts from Bjerkandera adusta (Willd.: Fr.) P. Karst. and Hypholoma fasciculare (Huds.: Fr.) P. Kumm. on Breast and Prostate Cancer Cells
Ben-Zion Zaidman, Anna Lutin, Solomon P. Wasser, Eviatar Nevo, Jamal A. Mahajna

# Nonvolatile Taste Components of Fruit Bodies and Mycelia of Shaggy Ink Cap Mushroom Coprinus comatus (O.F. Müll.: Fr.) Pers. (Agaricomycetideae)
Shu-Yao Tsai, Hui-Li Tsai, Jeng-Leun Mau

# Activity of Aqueous Extracts of Lion's Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.: Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) on the Neural Cell Line NG108-15
Kah-Hui Wong, Sabaratnam Vikineswary, Noorlidah Abdullah, Murali Naidu, Roger Keynes

# Cultivation of Culinary-Medicinal Lion's Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.: Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) on Substrate Containing Sunflower Seed Hulls
Debora Figlas, Ramiro Gonzalez Matute, Nestor Curvetto

# New Species of Hallucinogenic Psilocybe (Fr.) P. Kumm. (Agaricomycetideae) from the Eastern U.S.A.
Gaston Guzman, Richard V. Gaines, Florencia Ramirez-Guillen

# Inclusive and Exclusive Concepts of Agaricus subrufescens Peck: A Reply to Wasser et al.
Richard W. Kerrigan

# Molecular Identification of Species of the Genus Agaricus. Why Should We Look at Morphology?
Solomon P. Wasser

Other issues have different articles.

mjshroomer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6795405 - 04/16/07 03:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

# Inclusive and Exclusive Concepts of Agaricus subrufescens Peck: A Reply to Wasser et al.
Richard W. Kerrigan

Since I don't get the journal, I don't know what the article contains, but I'll bet it has something to do with this:

http://www.mycologia.org/cgi/content/abstract/97/1/12

Quote:

Agaricus subrufescens, a cultivated edible and medicinal mushroom, and its synonyms

Richard W. Kerrigan 1
Sylvan Research, 198 Nolte Drive, Kittanning, Pennsylvania 16201

Agaricus subrufescens Peck was cultivated first in the late 1800s in eastern North America. The type consists partly of cultivated material and partly of field-collected specimens. Once a popular market mushroom, the species faded from commerce in the early 20th century. More recently, a mushroom species growing wild in Brazil has been introduced into cultivation in Brazil, Japan and elsewhere. This Brazilian mushroom has been referred to by various names, most commonly as A. blazei Murrill (sensu Heinemann) and most recently as A. brasiliensis Wasser et al. The author first cultivated A. subrufescens in 1981 and has grown and studied Brazilian isolates since 1992. The species has an amphithallic pattern of reproduction. Based on DNA sequence analysis of the rDNA ITS region and on mating studies and genetic analysis of hybrid progeny, there is a strong case for conspecificity of the Brazilian mushrooms with A. subrufescens. Based on a study of the type and other data, the recent lectotypification of A. subrufescens is accepted. Data are presented on mushrooms of diverse geographical origins, including A. rufotegulis Nauta from western Europe, another apparent con-specific. A possible role for interpopulational hybridization in current populations of A. subrufescens is proposed. The agronomic history of the species is reviewed.

Key words: ABM, Cogumelo do Sol, Himematsutake, interpopulational hybridization, phylogeography, Royal Sun Agaricus

Shame, no one is doing mating studies and DNA analysis of the active collybiod woodloving psilocybes.

Oh well, who can?

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms [Re: falcon]
    #6795479 - 04/16/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

# Molecular Identification of Species of the Genus Agaricus. Why Should We Look at Morphology?
Solomon P. Wasser

Macro or micro or should I buy the Journal?

Edited by falcon (04/16/07 03:53 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #6795488 - 04/16/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I subscribed last year for research into medicinals for my DVD project. Couldn't afford it this year. Excellent magazine(book actually, since it doesn't have ads).
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6795517 - 04/16/07 04:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It is a wee bit expensive, buying it would mean a deep cut in my beer fund.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #6795891 - 04/16/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

They also published my paper on Psilocybe antioquensis from kampuchea written with Guzman, Ramirez and Sihanonth. But I can only afford an article here or there since it comes out of my pocket.

And I still have a few more articles in upcoming issues. I think the P. pegleriana is going to be in that journal also.

And of course my 130 page paper with DNA, Chemistry, SEM work and Cultivation on SE Asian species, a culmination of 20-years research in Southeast Asia and other Pacific regions of the world.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate