Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: What State and Country has Psilocybian Mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #79962 - 01/31/00 07:47 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Dear MJ, i was wonderin if you knew of any areas to pic in Pa, near pittsburgh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#79963 - 02/06/00 08:18 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

mj... can you tell me any good news about finding shrooms in utah?

Anonymous

#79964 - 02/06/00 08:19 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

mj... can you tell me any good news about finding shrooms in utah?

Anonymous

#79965 - 02/09/00 12:25 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Dude you got something going here. But i was wondering if any what type of shrooms grow in Colorado and where and when i can pick them. Thanks

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #79966 - 02/10/00 01:18 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Well here goes for the last 6 people to ask me where are the shrooms.

FISHMAN: You can find Panaeolus subbalteatus and some species of Gymnopilus throlughout Vermont in the late fall before the freeze. I have no specific Locations though.

About Stamets who list P. azurescens in Vermont. This is only because someone planted them outdoors and they will only grow in a certain habitat for two to three years and then they are gone. This is true for most species not common in manured soil.

Mitchmast.

Hi. I too lived in North Sydney Forkes on Cape Breton Isle back in the sixties. It is a stunning visual experience to be on the north of Nova Scotia.

Anyway heading for Bc. Well mabye some Psilocybe stuntzii will be found on new fresh lawns with sprinkler systems while you are here.

About the Hardii. It is not psychoactive. Someone fed you some misinformation. Sorry.

URIAH HEEP: You can find Psilocybe cubensis in Georgia in the decomposed manure of cattle. I mycelf had to go through dozens of fields before I found the liberty cap and when I lived for four months in Florida in the late 1970's I must have went through about 15 fields in a two month period over and over before I found my first cubensis.

Psiulocybe weilii, named in honor of Andrew weil, is also from Georgia and grows in decayed wood and trigs, etc.

SHROOMVOICE:
I only have listings for Gymnopilus aeruginosus from Penn. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

PSMAXX: Again I have no reports of Psilocybian mushrooms from Utah, just Mormons. Sorry, Too hot. MAybe Amanita in mountane regions.

PIRK420: Well after all there are reports of Conocybe cyanopus, a small cinnamon-orange gilled mushroom found growing on sphagum moss along streams and riverbanks. very common in the early spring (March and April) after the early rains.

Also Gymnopilus sapineus on dead tree trunks and rotted wood and of course Panaeolus papilionaceus.

Good luck to all you smoomerites.

Mj

Anonymous

#79967 - 02/15/00 07:32 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey MJ,
I just have a few questions. Do you know of any magical shrooms in Texas and where. I live in Austin Tx. It would be cool if you could tell me of any places around there. I've never seen any magic shrooms growing in Tx that I know of. And I would also like to know if there are any kinds around here that don't grow in cow manuer.

Thanx

Anonymous

#79968 - 02/16/00 02:12 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey,That whole time I's being cut down by that john guy?Hey everybody don't get on johns shit list!Don't eat unidentified mushrooms, don't express floozy fluants of faith/religion.So mrshroomer.I was wondering.People have told me that mushrooms have adapted to caves in minneapolis.Can they grow in such complete darkness, or are flashlights enough to induce fruiting.Also I noticed you mentioned a mycena species growing in wa.Well I found some myceana (or however its spelled)species growing in a minneapolis golf course.They were on a thick branch section and had dark blue fuzzy feet, and light brown caps.I stuck the branch in a jar and got succesive flushes(I did not eat any!).They were so dark blue at the feet it was scary.My bid is that they are poisonous.What do you say.

Please dont call me any names dork.(kidding)Ass hole(kidding again)

Anonymous

#79969 - 02/16/00 02:16 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Testing, Is this thing on?
I'm so stupid!(AAAHH)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79970 - 02/16/00 11:38 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

You know what Forestogres. I think you are full of shit.

No bluing mycenas grow in Minnesota.

If you make up bullshit then your going to get shit back.

Mj

Anonymous

#79971 - 02/16/00 11:35 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Very impressive mjshroomer! I was wondering what shrooms grow in central california? Also, if a shroom is growing on cow dung doest that make it absolutly a hallucinogenic mushroom? Are there any poisonous shrooms that grow on cow dung in central california? Thanks!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79972 - 02/17/00 07:04 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

High Techno Trancer,

Okay, only a smal percentage of psilocybian containing mushrooms grow from manure.

There are more than 170 species of psilocybian containing mushrooms in the world.

only about 15% of those species grow from manure.

Most grow in manured soil or in deciduos woods and man made environments, sandy soil, dead tree stumps lawns woodchips and sphagum moss.

In Norther california you have liberty caps, baeos, stuntzii's and P. cyanescens.

Maybe a few Copelandia's but only one or two specimens of those a year if you are lucky.

Ps. here if you go back in this thread to its beginning and scour this thread you will find somewhere within a complete list of California species.

John

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited February 17, 2000).]

Anonymous

#79973 - 02/20/00 08:21 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

do any hallucinogenic mushrooms grow in east tennessee?

Anonymous

#79974 - 02/20/00 11:49 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

come on, chill out.Its not bullshit that i speak of.It was not a bluing mycena.It had dark blue fuzz at its base.No lie .geez!

Anonymous

#79975 - 02/21/00 02:41 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

How bout central missouri mjshroomer?
thanks.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79976 - 02/21/00 08:32 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Well Referman, In Tennesse we have Algorius tipperusky, hehehe.

No all kidding aside, you have some Gymnopilus there a wood lioving fungi and very bitter to chew.

There are of course along the east coast along streams and riverbanks, Psilocybe caerulipes. There is a good picture in Alexander H Smith's Guide to Easter Mushrooms. I think Stamets also dispplays a picture in his Psilocybe mushrooms of the World Books.

and Missouri also has Gymnopilus and a maybe Paneolus subbalteatus.

Mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #79977 - 02/24/00 03:29 PM (24 years, 29 days ago)

WELL, I just read through all 126 replies and didnt see as much as I would like to see for species in florida.. afterall florida pretty much rocks for shrooms. SO,, this is everything I have collected (mostly from bits and pieces of what mj has said and also from other sources on the internet). :smile:

Psilocybe cubensis- goes without saying
Psilocybe caerulescens- the landslide shroom(from mexico)
Psilocybe mammilata- no information on this One
Psilocybe tampanensis- very little info on this One
Psilocybe weilii- has been found in georgia, MAYBE"maybe" in northern florida

Copelandia cyanescens- what a beautiful shroom, IVE found it here
Copelandia chlorocystis- no information on this One

Gymnopilus luteofolius- no information on this One

Panaeolus subbalteatus- from:"Field Guide to the Psilocybin Mushroom", I would REALLY just love to see some of these.

+++Please mj if you could just correct me(dont want to be spreading false information on the shroomree) and please add to it anything else that you can. Muchos gracias. Dank u. Thank You.

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
Loc: Ehime, Japan
Re: What State and Country has Psilocybian Mushrooms? [Re: Springbok]
    #313241 - 05/09/01 03:22 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm...?

---------------------------------------------
"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural..?"
- Art Crumb

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural..?"
- Art Crumb

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #314109 - 05/10/01 03:28 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Mj its me again, I want to know what kind of mushrooms grow in Colima, Mexico(It is Near jalisco and it has coast)
the species I have already found are: P. cubensis, P. mexicana, Copelandia Cyanescens or other copelandia im not sure of its exact id.., Panaeolus castaneifolius, panaeolus subbalteatus someone told me i can find derrumbes(p. caerulescens) also but i dont know where to look for them, i know they dont grow in cowfields nor in lawns, any imput???
what other species you think I can have around???

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: What State and Country has Psilocybian Mushrooms? [Re: AIRDOG]
    #314177 - 05/10/01 04:38 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Airdog, I would suggesst that you try to find a University in Colimas somewhere and look up Guzmans book The Genus Psilocybe.

Then check each of the Mexican species listed in his book. Each species provides dozens of locations throughout the differet Mexican States regarding where the mushrooms are found.

That should make it a little easier for you to locate a particular place.

The Deruumbes complex consists of P. caerulescens and several variations of that species. They love growing around sugar cane mulch and along the roads where cane is hauled in and out tot he market. They grow alongside the dirt roads in clumps and cluster thus the name landslide mushroom. They grow were the road slides away fromthe fields of sugar.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineBosCube
    #314590 - 05/11/01 08:34 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hey where would there be mushrooms in Australia NSW .
I know there is heaps of pchylocibe cubensis(golden tops) around paddicks in cow shit. But what about some different types???

Edited by BosCube on 05/11/01 12:41 PM.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds