Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: What State and Country has Psilocybian Mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #79880 - 08/16/99 03:05 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

mjshroomer, u neglected to tell me if there are any of the goodies in nevada?thanx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#79881 - 08/16/99 03:34 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

ive been browsing this site this past 3 or 4 days and decided to register up when i saw this topic. so please tell me what species can i find in malaysia? thanks a lot for your time mjshroomer

Anonymous

#79882 - 08/16/99 03:43 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

and is it possible too that deadly mushrooms might stain blue? thanks again

OfflineThunderfuck
old hand
Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #79883 - 08/16/99 08:26 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, non psilocybin containing mushrooms can stain blue, even the poisoness ones..

--------------------
now is the only thing that's real

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #79884 - 08/17/99 12:45 AM (24 years, 7 months ago)

First Satnal,

Because only two species were reported from Pennsylvania. That does not mean that there aren't more there.

Conduitdal. Sorry, to hot in Nevada.

Stonefellow. Kuala Lumpur has both P. cubensis and Copelandia species. Notably Copelandia cyanescens.

And No there are no blue staining mushrooms that are poisonous. There is a poisonous mushroom Boletus cyanescens whichg is already blue, hence its name cyanescens. However blue is its natural color. and Boletus mushrooms do not have gills. They have pores like a sponge.

and there is a bluing mycena in indonbesia that is deadly poisonous, but once again this is the natural color of the mushroom.
And that should take care of Thuunderfucks proclamation about blue mushrooms. For alas he is hunting from the cow fields of Quebec.

Mj

OfflineBurnt
Pooh-Bah
    #79885 - 08/17/99 01:18 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

Is there any guide online or anything that tells you about all the types of mushroomes in N america?? That would show me ways to identify the ones in new york?? and if they seem to match then i could check with some experienced people and make sure

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79886 - 08/17/99 06:38 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

Paul Stamets book is the only one. There are guides for different parts of the USA. SOme of these guides show local species.

Alexander H Smith wrote several field guides a that were one foot long and eight inches wide. For different parts of the country.

His book for the Western United States showed Psilocybe pelliculosa. I looked from this picture in 1972-1973 before I found my first liberty caps. I thought they resembled the picture of P. pelliculosa, but they were macroscopically different.

His east coasst guide shows photographs of Psilocybe caerulipes which graces the Eastern Seaboard of America.

You can usually find these guides in a University Library, in a reference section of the library.

Mj

Anonymous

#79887 - 08/18/99 08:24 AM (24 years, 7 months ago)

John: This is interesting, I had heard that bluing was not a save all way of identifying. But if you say so then I will believe it :smile:

Although the Lib Cap doesnt stain blue, this is true is it not..

Well if the stain blue is a safe technique then mushroom hunting should be a pretty safe pastime, I have always been given dire warnings about lookalikes and such....

Cheers..

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79888 - 08/18/99 08:52 AM (24 years, 7 months ago)

Hi Thor,
Yes the experts say bluing is not a good indictive factor for identifying psilocybian mushrooms.

Well Yes they are experts , but experts in what.

Edible and toxic mushrooms.

Many of the experts do not like magic mushrooms or the people who use them because they are drugs and are illegal. They are only experts in the class rooms.

They probably only collected in the field or wild for a few years and then they end up in a classroom teaching for twenty and do not really get out to where the shrooms are.

Only a few experts do and they know very little about psilocybes or any other shroom with psilocybin.

And yes not all liberty caps stain blue. But you do know that they are liberty caps which you have picked.

And posionous mushrooms do not resemble liberty caps.

I have an english paper from Great Britain from a respectable journal where one author says that the liberty caps resemble deadly amanitas. This is not true, yet many doctors have probably read this paper and now assumed that this is so.

Yet I have yused the bluing factor all of my shroom life with no error in judgement.

But just the same, be carfull. If you do not live in the Southeast USA or in the Pacific Northwest, you will usually not find what you are looking for. Unless you are diligent and careful.

There are some individuals who now know where to collect P. caerulipes along the East Coast.

Once you find a particular species, then you can find it almost anywhere in your area.

Mj

OfflineThunderfuck
old hand
Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #79889 - 08/22/99 11:15 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

What species are in Quebec?

--------------------
now is the only thing that's real

Anonymous

#79890 - 08/25/99 08:57 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Heres a diferent one, how about Idaho? I live in southern part. I think I might of found Semilanceata I need a better place for info on it these. I found them growing on wet straw. Well I hope your still around Mj
Thanks and Peace
Mojo Risin

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79891 - 08/25/99 09:45 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hi there, Yes I am around and will be till the fat lady sings.

Idaho, well my list is short and strange. There are five species of Gymnopilus in Idaho and three psilocybes.

Gymnopilus aeruginosus(listed in Stamets book),
G. liquiritae,
G. luteofolius,
G. sapineus andG. spectabilis.

The three Psilocybes are
Psilocybe fimetaria (resemles blue ringers)
Psilocybe pelliculosa and
Psilocybe silvatica. The latter two species are common in logging sides in slashings and
pilons in clearcuts recently logged out within the last three years.

They tend to grow abundantly and gregariously in large quantities.

The Fimetaria can be found in well manured or manicured lawns around new office buildings or apartment complexes. They have a slight blue ring towards the top of the stem.

Gymnopilus species resemble the "Honey Mushroom." They can be collected on dead tree stumps or trunks.

I'll be away from here for about a month so good luck

Mj

Anonymous

#79892 - 08/30/99 09:13 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Are there any psilocybes in New Hampshire?
I know that Pan subbalteaus (sp?) grows here but very very rarely... anything else?

Thanks!

------------------
Remember, your focus determines your reality

Anonymous

#79893 - 08/31/99 04:30 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Yo, MJ, can you tell me what grows in Calgary, AB, Canada?

Anonymous

#79894 - 08/31/99 09:33 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

mister ill: Heres a link for the Calgary question, follow that link and there is another link to a topic on Alberta which mjshroomer has already answered. http://www.shroomery.org/ubbnoncgi/Forum3/HTML/000370.html

My only advice is that you get yourself a field guide, like Paul Stamets. A field guide is an absolute must for anybody thinking of hunting, otherwise you will be wasting your time.

Just so everyone knows, Mushroom John is away for about 1 month. So this thread is basicly done for now, if anybody has a question maybe hold off for a while.

Cheers,

Thor....

OfflineTC
journeyman
Loc: cali
    #79895 - 08/31/99 11:00 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

How about North Carolina?

Anonymous

#79896 - 08/31/99 11:07 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

EVERYBODY PLEASE NOTE: MUSHROOM JOHN IS AWAY, AND WILL BE FOR THE NEXT MONTH....

There, that should do it.... :wink:

Cheers,

Thor...

Anonymous

#79897 - 09/01/99 07:47 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Dear mjshroomer.

What about Sweden/Denmark?

can one hope for anything except p.semilanceata?

Gn.Merz.

Anonymous

#79898 - 09/01/99 10:37 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I live in south Texas just south west of San Antonio, any shroomies in my neck of the woods?

Anonymous

#79899 - 09/02/99 01:07 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hey TC what part of N.C. r u in I am also in N.C.

------------------
The Rock Sez Know Your Role
And Smoke A Bowl!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies