Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: What State and Country has Psilocybian Mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #79942 - 01/17/00 04:10 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey what about louisiana...Well New Orleans?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#79943 - 01/18/00 12:45 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

mjshroomer...holy shit man you've busted out the most incredible shiznit on psilocybin that I've ever read, heard of or known about, so fuckin incredible...

I live 30 minutes outside S.F. and I am definitely going to be hunting whenever the season and the conditions make it possible.
I want a grow guide and id guide, can someone just give me straight info on when the season is and where I can pick me some kind shrooms...ALL valid help is appreciated!!!

GHOST

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #79944 - 01/18/00 01:06 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

MJ,
Judging by the volume of responses and repetitive question, have to suggest some sort of database or archive like mentioned previously. Has got to be a royal pain to keep up with with all the posts.
Take Care and thanks for all the knowlege.
Peace

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #79945 - 01/19/00 09:35 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

What about in the south of England ?
Anything other than semilancaeta ?

Offlinegandalf
enthusiast
    #79946 - 01/20/00 03:58 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

oh great one, i was wondering if in your vast knowledge you might know what sort of the magical mushroom i should be searching for around clemson south carolina? i await with trembling anticipation your heralding reply.

Anonymous

#79947 - 01/20/00 07:17 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey MJ, one who knows all about shrooms, how about some places in northern New Jersey??
preferably in Morris County if u can be that specific . . your info is most apprecated . . . thanks

------------------
"Fellas you've heard the old saying that in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king, well today in the land of the skunks the man with half a nose is king"

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #79948 - 01/20/00 07:58 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey mjshroomer: why do you mention all those noneffective or poisonus mushrooms as Pan. sprichtinus (sp?) or pantherina?

Offlinesutec
addict
    #79949 - 01/20/00 08:05 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Mjshroomer if you have any information on New Hampshire it would be appreciated, thanks.

--------------------
Decriminalize:
NORML
DRCNet
MPP
ACLU Website

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #79950 - 01/20/00 10:43 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Crobih,

I havce never ever mention Amanita pantherina as a deadly or poisonous mushroom. Where did this bit of misinformation come up from.

Also Panaeolus sphrinctrinus var. campanulatus is not a psychoactive mushroom even though Stamets listed it as a species in his Psilocybin mushrooms of the World.

I have only identified this species when people have posted its picture in the Shroomery. I have never said it was a posychoactive species and I only identified it when shown a picture of this species. I have always stated that it is not psychoactive and you should not eat something like this to begin with.

It always has a slight redish looking stem and little fringes of teeth-like skin hanging from the bottom edge of the caps. And a small black ring is visable on the stem. Panaeolus papilionaceus, Panaeolus retirugis and Panaeolus goosensiae are all macroscopidcally similar. They are ofter found in abundance on horse and cow manure in fields, usually fruiting when the Cubensis or Copelandia specimens are not in season, but may appear sometimes in the same paddie as Copelandia and other mushroom speciemens do.

Mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited January 21, 2000).]

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79951 - 01/20/00 10:50 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

For New Jesrsey posted 09-07-1999 07:00 AM ET (US)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi There,
First all we havee one listed species for Neww Jersey, Psilocybe graveolens, a species related to psilocybe zapotecorum used by the Zapotec Indians of Oaxaca, Mexico.

This species has a cap which is convex to subumbonate (With a protrud like nipple), and is slightly straite at the margin (meaning that the gill plates show throught the top of the cap when the mushroom is moist). The cap is hygrophanous (Changing color as it drys) from brownish fading to a cremy white or pale orange-brownish color, with some dark green staining tones.

The gills are brown to chocolate-brown and the edges are of the same color.

The tem is equal towards the base with bluing. it is also hollow white to browninsh and the base is covered with soil.

Its habitat is caespitose or gregarious on marshy soils in meadows and fruiting in November.

Known only from hackensack, New Jersey. It has a strong odor and its names means "strong smelling."

If it is in one place, it could very well be in other parts of NJ besides Hackensack.
---------------------------------------------
For NEW HAMPSHIRE,

Well its sketchy here. I suppose I should mention that there are probably Gymnopilus in your state, Panaeolus papilionaceus (the subbalteatus variety), and posibly Psilocybe caerulipes.

Mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited January 21, 2000).]

OfflinePsiLLy Cybe
enthusiast
    #79952 - 01/20/00 10:54 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Mj, i could use some help here.
I know that Psilocybe coprophila grow in Colorado. i have found them in the mountains about 8.5k. What other psilocybes grow in colorado??? I live in the heart of the mountains, aprox 9.5k. Thanks a million.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79953 - 01/21/00 11:04 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Gandalf,

Hi hows Frodo?

Well you are in the Southeast of the USA.

Psilocybe cubensis, maybe some Copelandia, Panaeolus subbalteatus and Psilocybe Ccaerulipoes grace your fine state.

Thats all I can give you. Now you have to do the rest and find some.
=------------------------------------=
For PsiLLy Cybe,Well The onkly psychoactive species I am familar with in Colorado is Conocybe cyanopus.

It is a small Cinnamon colored looking mushroom with a water clear stem which, when picked fresh from the ground will have a blue bulbous base after it is ripped from its soiled roots.

The shroom grows well along streams and river banks iun abundance and take fifty to seventy five small shrooms for a dose. This wouldd be equivalent to approiximately 1 quarter of a fresh ounce.

See Stamets book for a photograph. I may have posted a similar picture in the Mushroom Hunting forum at spiritplants.yack.org

Mj

Anonymous

#79954 - 01/21/00 04:47 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey MJ
Anything in the suburban parts of Los Angeles (Southern California)? I thought the local mountains might prove to be generous. Thanks!

Anonymous

#79955 - 01/22/00 05:24 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hi MJ,
I posted in a different thread and was
directed here, I wanted to know if and
where I could get shrooms growing in
my area, a couple of people asked for
England but I couldn't see a reply listed..
I was wondering if you knew of any around
Glasgow in Scotland?
Cheers,
Shot.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79956 - 01/22/00 05:07 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

For NewKid and ShotFullOfDiamonds.

La is sparse, maybe some Copelandia's (very Rare) Panaeolina castaneifoilia, Panaeolus subbalteatus.

For ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND>

WEll Psilocybe cyanescens has been collected the the Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh.

You also have liberty caps all over Great Britain and in Scotland.

Mj.

Go back to the biginning of this thread and look for Great Britain. ITs in here somewhere. That way I do not have to retype the text.

Mj

Anonymous

#79957 - 01/23/00 08:51 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

mjshroomer: I live in southern WI. In a suburb by Milwaukee. I know shrooms dont grow in the winter. But when will they start growing and where should I look. (2 big parks withing 2 miles of here)...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79958 - 01/24/00 02:07 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well I grew up every summer in Baraboo Wisc at Devils Lake State Park.

I would tell yolu to check fields for Liberty caps in the late fall about three weeks up to the freeze. Check in the pastures in tall grass.

I have heard rumors of Psilocybe semilanceata there.

In the spring try looking for Panaeolus subbalteatus at riding stables and at race treacks.. They grow in manure sporadically and in rotted hay with stable shavings very abundantly.

Pictures of these species can be viewed at spiritplants.com in the mushroom hunting section. Click the go back button for one year.

Mj

Anonymous

#79959 - 01/24/00 07:59 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

i have heard of shrooms growing in dung in crafstbury vermont. any possibilites

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #79960 - 01/27/00 10:47 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

well i once asked you about nova scotian shrooms, and ive found tons and tons of the dung-loving psilocybes. but then, these babies are so weak it isnt worth it.

i once found one solitary, waxy, yellow conic holow-stemmed, with a somewhat lighter stipe than the cap, brownish-purple gills. this mushroom grew in a forest pasture, away from the other mushrooms (various weak and non-psycho psibes and pans) in the shade after a rain near rasberry bushes next to rotting leaf and plant matter growing directly out of grainy crushed granate (former quarry) where certain mosses and lichens florished. this was in the foothils of the south mountain of the annapolis valley in Nova Scotia. and this mushroom stained dark blue almost instantly evrywhere it was touched, stem and cap. to me, it looked like an azure, and i only ever found one specimin but it should be impossible for psilocybe azuresens to grow there. Oh i ate it, but it was about 3 wet grams sitting in my pocket getting mushed and i barely felt it. tho i have found alot of amazing mushies there, including stropharia hardii, various amanitas and inocybes, conocybes, etc. also it is mountainous and unique to the regeon, and im pretty sure ive found Psilocybe Montana in august growing directly in moss. i think you might find the area called "three pools" an interresting hike if you ever go to the annapolis valley nova scotia, from september-early nov, there are the most amazing mushrooms there, from chanterelles to stropharia, theres even these huge (up tp 6" dia) conic orange mushrooms with pink gills that smell like oranges. and one solitary mushroom i found that looked exactly like the golden teacher strain of P. Cubensis from above, but from below forget it, white gills, solid stipe, no bluing. but man, the mushrooms in that area catch the corner of your eye if you know what i mean. facinating tho.
Ive heard from the Nova Scotia Museum of natural history that Stropharia Hardii is hallucinogenic, but i avoid anything without psilocybe or panaeolis (sp) in the name unless ive seen it stain blue. but then the same museum lists Psylocybe Pellucilosa (conifer psylocybe) as "liberty cap" and claims we have those also. ive never seen em tho, but maybe.

my real important question is as follows:

Im currently travelling across canada with a government funded work program....anywho.
im now in ontario, next stop quebec. way to cold for anything now. but my final stop is in East Vancouver BC. OH BOY!!!!!
anyway, i was wondering, since i will be aviving in early march and staying untill early may for sure, what shrooms would be available to me, where can i expect to find them (non-specific) and under what conditions and times of year. i may stay in the area longer if i can get a job and afford to live there. ive heard azures can be found on the island too :P but right now i have cyans, libs, and baeos dancin in my head. any hope for spring??

Anonymous

#79961 - 01/31/00 02:12 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Sir, could you please let me know of there are any psychoactive mushrooms in Georgia, specifically Atlanta area. ALso when will these mushrooms begin to fruit? Muchos garcias!

:biggrin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate