Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Cultivation as a Hobby!
    #668629 - 06/08/02 08:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I thought that i'de break the questions with some sort of discussion concerning mushroom cultivation. I have been cultivating slowly for a few years now and throught them have learn ever so much. I still remember my first cake, my first contamination, my first print / syringe attempt...all like it was just yesterday. At first I find that many people may want to cultivate solely for the mushrooms looking for their neglect teks and stealth from parents / roomates...however...after a while it progresses into something much funnier.

There's nothing better than to wake up and take care of your babies. Come home and take care of your babies! The feeling of popping out that fresh cake. The feeling that the spore print you just used to multi-spore innoculate some PF-type cakes or rye grain have been seen (by yourself) through a full cycle.

I just birthed two amazing B+ cakes. The mycelium ripped through the dry vermiculite layer and the cakes are a few inches bigger than I expected them to be. A very pretty sight!

*sigh*

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepowderfinger
Re: Cultivation as a Hobby! [Re: phrozendata]
    #668637 - 06/08/02 08:46 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I know how you feel. The first thing I do every mourning is fan out my terarium and check the perameters. I just hate it thogh when one of my kids goe bad(contam).

--------------------
Shelter me from the powder and the finger,
cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cultivation as a Hobby! [Re: powderfinger]
    #668639 - 06/08/02 08:48 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Contaminates arn't even a big thing any more. Once you see a couple go you're happy with the others that survive. I dont even know what i'm talking about I haven't had contaminated jars since I got my pc

/me knocks on wood

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinegirlskater
***meow***

Loc: Here
    #668646 - 06/08/02 08:53 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You should see me scream at my partner when he doesn't want to come see the cakes.
But I totally understand where you're coming from.
The first and last thing I do is tend to my babies.
And it's so much fun to be like "Where did this mushroom come from??"
They're suprising little buggers.

Offlineparanoid2
Loc: ill noise
    #668654 - 06/08/02 08:57 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't even recieved my first shipment of spores, and I'm really getting into it. In all honesty, at this point I'm much more excited about growing 'em them than consuming 'em. But I'm hoping that after my first "experience" I will be even more excited about my next harvest!

--------------------
"My head feels like a frisbee."

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Cultivation as a Hobby! [Re: paranoid2]
    #668703 - 06/08/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

What drew me to this hobby is my philosophy of independence and purity in life. I only partake of psychedelic substances to begin with but now that I'm getting older I've decided to not ingest anything synthetic and stick with naturals. This also crosses over to my diet...I am a lacto-vegetarian and try to eat as much organically grown food as I can.

In hopes of maintaining an organic approach to my psychedelics I naturally thought about growing my own mushrooms. I can have total control over the quality and freshness of them this way without having to buy them from someone. But as I was studying the TEKs this whole process really interested me. From an intellectual viewpoint, I'm loving the growing process more than I will love tripping off them! hehehe I know what you mean about checking on the babies....this is my very first grow and so far things are going very well for me. It's just a beautiful thing to witness an organism developing and knowing I'm the reason it's growing. I often contemplate animal and plant consciousness during meditation...I don't believe that either types can compare to human consciousness at all...but it's still interesting to wonder what's going on in those jars right now. Like, can the mycellium really "know" they're being given the best conditions possible or are they simply responding to the conditions I've provided. Don't worry, I'm not gonna get new age on anyone...but ya know what I mean.

I've learned so much in just the last 3 weeks now that I'm actually practing the theory I've been studying. I'm already hooked. I have a feeling I'll be cultivating for a while. On a similar note...I'm relocating in August and once I'm done I will have the ability and resources to do another project I've been dying to do: growing my own garden. I can't wait.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinelithiumcove
Stranger
    #668707 - 06/08/02 09:40 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I'm surprise Mr. luvdemshrooms hasn't been all over this thread yet. Buahahah..

OfflineAddict
addict

#669124 - 06/08/02 04:37 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Once you start this hobby you are hooked it isnt even about fucking eating the shrooms its just the whole hobby its how can I describe it ?? lovely

Im hooked and I've gotten some of my friends hooked as well but we all cultivate with nothing but good safe intentions lets not ruin this hobby tho for everyone else lets keep spores legal do not let it get outa hand lets not let what happened to mary jane seeds happen to our micro-spore friends

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Cultivation as a Hobby! [Re: Addict]
    #669130 - 06/08/02 04:47 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

When I first started, I was goin for the shrooms, now it's just fun. I love animals and plants. My mom is a plant freak and I turned out to be just like her. A mushroom isn't a plant, but you still gotta care for it, just like a plant.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinegirlskater
***meow***

Loc: Here
Re: Cultivation as a Hobby! [Re: Addict]
    #669191 - 06/08/02 05:48 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah
It's not about doing the shrooms anymore
I've got bags of it sitting around
But I just want to grow more
THEY NEED ME TO LIVE!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract