Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: Sinbad]
    #6504221 -

Not meditation instruction, but an interesting, if old, read nonetheless.

I occasionally read from "The Awakening" on - I find this inspiring in a fashion...Though the entire book should be read at least once...

Herman Hesse's Siddhartha: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2500

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: Cymbaline]
    #6562785 -

Great thread. I am reinspired to restart my daily meditation practice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6562925 -

I thought perhaps it could be pinned, so it might have that affect for others also. I requested it to be so in the initial post but the mods probably didn't think it pin-worthy. :shrug:

Oh well, at least it can be found using the search function quite easily. I'm glad you found it useful. :sun:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: Sinbad]
    #6563175 -

does anyone have any opinions on mudras?


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: leery11]
    #6563399 -
Log in to view attachment

I like this document.....


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: mr_kite]
    #6564767 -

That is an excellent document. I have much respect for the Zen and Chan traditions.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: leery11]
    #6564845 -

leery11 said:
does anyone have any opinions on mudras?



The Dhyāna Mudrā is a nice one that is generally used.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: Sinbad]
    #6570221 -

I answer here, but take a rip from another post to simplify it a bit more.
redgreenvines said:
"first is relaxation
then is insight"

First is to clear one's mind of all the noise, the thousands of whirling thoughts to prepare the canvas of ones perception.
Find own methods to do that, but you may also check 'samatha'

then it is to focus ones attention to some intentious considered subjects of ones choice. That is by regarding and steering ones own thought processes.
Find your own methods to do that, but you may also check 'vipassana'.

All other things will fall into the proper place.


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Simple Meditation Method [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #6572016 -

thankz!! this is truly an awakening for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Meditation Techniques KeepAskingTime 2,561 13 12/23/11 08:25 AM
by redgreenvines
* Meditation question
( 1 2 3 all )
superpimp 6,865 57 12/23/11 09:00 AM
by Icelander
* Mindfulness Meditation vs Self Hypnosis lucid 1,486 9 05/30/03 12:28 PM
by lucid
* meditating on mushrooms?
( 1 2 all )
Blastrid 2,683 20 02/09/02 09:47 PM
by Asante
* problem with meditation.
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 4,964 39 12/23/11 08:10 AM
by Icelander
* Ways to meditate Cougheeman 1,680 16 07/09/02 04:56 PM
by llib
* new to meditation
( 1 2 all )
Lyte it Up 420 2,854 24 05/18/03 12:00 PM
by SafeHaven
* Beginning signs of meditation progress Irradiated_Feces 1,254 7 10/16/03 09:15 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,342 topic views. 0 members, 23 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.