Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Do cannabinoids contain carcinogens? If not, can't we just smoke cannabinoids?
    #6457360 - 01/14/07 02:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering if there are carcinogens in cannabinoids. Or if they are the same thing in essence. I am not positive. Keep in mind there are more then 70 cannabinoids, while THC is just the one we talk of mostly.

On a similar note, do vaporizers like the volcano, vaporise more then just the cannabinoids?

What is better to smoke from given the answers to the questions above.

Pure cannabinoid extract...or....Volcano Vaporizer?

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Do cannabinoids contain carcinogens? If not, can't we just smoke cannabinoids? [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6457387 - 01/14/07 02:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No cannabinol is not carcenigenic,

This should answer your other questions.

As for which to smoke, well thats your choice really, id go for the Volcano personally.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Do cannabinoids contain carcinogens? If not, can't we just smoke cannabinoids? [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6457389 - 01/14/07 02:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

When you burn pretty much anything there will be carcinogens present. I don't know if cannabinoids are carcinogens but I'm pretty sure none of them are.

Vaporizers are the best way to get a healthier hoot, but many people use them cuz they have sensitive lungs not out of fear of cancer.

And man i don't know of anyway to get pure cannabinoid extract but if you find a way gimme a heads up please(never mind just read it)

Edited by Kingkole (01/14/07 02:29 AM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: Do cannabinoids contain carcinogens? If not, can't we just smoke cannabinoids? [Re: Kingkole]
    #6457408 - 01/14/07 02:35 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have done allot of research on making pure cannabinoid extract, and then using isomerisation to go even further. Isomerisation converts the 70 cannabinoids into pure THC. It is slightly different though.

read this short thread.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6456932/an/0/page/0

It has links to 3 other threads that i have made. I am constantly arguing with people of the possibilities of "near fatal" THC extracts, and the possibilities of doing it, as well as other extraction techniques.

Read about THC isomerisation in:
Marijuana Chemistry
Michael Starks

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlinedalmonk
Stranger
    #6502794 - 01/27/07 05:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If there were carcinogens in cannabinoids wouldn't we all have cancer? The fact is there is no carcinogenic material contained within marijuana whatsoever, and therefore if a vaporizer were used combustion would be avoided resulting in an essentially harmless vapor. Thus I would assume vapping is the way to go even if you had a cannabinoid extract as smoking that would release some carcinogens, albeit probably a rather minimal amount.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Do cannabinoids contain carcinogens? If not, can't we just smoke cannabinoids? [Re: dalmonk]
    #6502853 - 01/27/07 06:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I don't like vaporises as much, for me its just not the same.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder