Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
can u identify this deadhead?
    #6347145 - 12/08/06 08:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/127umva.html
http://www.myspace.com/grateful_doe

Hey friends and fellow Dead fans! My name is probably Jason, but I am not entirely sure, because in June of 1995 after the Grateful Dead concert at the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium in Washington, DC, I was forced to hitch-hike to catch a ride. And can you believe it, I get picked up by this idiot in a van who falls asleep at the wheel and kills both of us!

We crashed in Greensville County, Virginia, and unfortunately, I didn't have any identification on me. Not only that, the family of the guy who picked me up had no idea who I was, and so in Virginia I am stuck! This is no joke, but I literally (and sadly) became a real Dead fan. So excuse my picture, it is actually a computer-generated facial reconstruction done by a helpful forensic artist at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. I was in rather bad shape after the crash, as you can imagine.

Anyhoo, I was somewhere between 16-22 years old, I had a home-made tattoo of a 5 pointed star on my left arm, (see below), and my approximate height / weight at the time was: 5'8" (5'7-5'9") and 169 lbs. I had natural red hair and brown eyes. My left ear was pierced, but I was not wearing an earring. (It may have been lost in the accident.) And, as a shout-out to my friends in the forensics community, my dentals and fingerprints are available for you viewing pleasure if any of this rings a bell. At the time of my unfortunate demise I was wearing blue jeans, blue FILA Athletic shoes size 11 1/2, a necklace and a red Grateful Dead concert T, from the 30th Anniversary tour 1995.

Who I'd like to meet:

Now, here comes the meager handful of tantalizing clues about me… all I had in my pockets at the time I was killed was two ticket stubs from that Dead show on June 25, 1995 at RFK, and a note in my pocket that said: "To Jason, Sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T." The note had a phone number with a 914 prefix on it, but there was no area code. But c'mon, people! Two Carolines! Somebody must know somebody who knows a Caroline O. or Caroline T. who went to Dead shows in ‘95! Or lives in an area with a 914 prefix on the number who knows a Caloline! A CALL TO ALL DEAD FANS... ITS BEEN OVER TEN YEARS NOW… I WANT TO GO HOME! I WANT MY FAMILY TO KNOW WHAT BECAME OF ME. Frankly, I don't think that is too much to ask. I am pretty sure they would like to know, too. Think about how many concerts you have gone to: How would you feel if you not only never made it home, but your family never knew what became of you!

So, let us consider some more of the clues here for a moment. The tickets found in my pocket were traced to a dude from Pennsylvania who brought 20 tickets with him to the show. Unfortunately, this guy did not recall selling me the tickets. A 'Dead' end? Perhaps, but just think about this... if I was thumbing a ride from a guy from South Carolina, and I was traveling from DC through Virginia, I probably lived down south somewhere. Or, I know someone who lives down south. I don't believe I was just "following" the dead at this point, their next show was at The Palace in Auburn Hills, MI, which is west of DC. And like I said, I was headed south. So, can anyone help me out? Do I look familiar to any of y’all? Give me a shout out, and let’s get me home! Show me some love!

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT:
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
or contact NCMEC Cold Case Review Unit at 1-877-446-2632,
ext. 6235 or 6295
-----------------------------------------------------------
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (Virginia), Inv.
Cynthia Morrison - 1-800-447-1706

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon Grateful Dead

Community >> The Pub