Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Backwards Deja Vu or what?
    #611408 - 04/17/02 11:17 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I posted this before in the other thread... but it wasn't on topic.

Okay, this is some weird shit.

In the past I've had small instances of this, but I just told myself I was mistaken... it must've been deja vu- my brain playing tricks on me. That is, until...

I was dreaming (at night) about my classroom (sixth grade). It was so mundane and boring (when I woke up, all I thought was "that was weird... usually dreams have crazy stuff happening"). In the dream, I was sitting at my desk (bored as hell), with my head resting on my arms. I was staring at my desk when a classmate raised his hand and asked a question about social studies. As he spoke, I happened to look up and saw that it was my friend (I guess it was sort of a reaction to recognizing his voice). My teacher answered him and walked back up to the chalkboard.

The next day, I was sitting in social studies, the entire time, I was thinking about the weird dream I had just had the night before. Nothing happened, so I forgot about it. That night, the dream did not happen either.

HOWEVER, the very next day (1? days after my dream... night w/dream, day, night w/o dream, THIS DAY), I was sitting in social studies, with my head down. My friend spoke, I looked up, EVERYTHING HAPPENED EXACTLY LIKE IN MY DREAM! I was freaked out, needless to say. The only difference were the clothes everyone was wearing.

Nothing like this has ever happened again. I don't think it was deja vu, because there was time in between when I was thinking about it happening. I've never heard of anyone else having a similar experience, until now (see thread "What Bothers you the most?").

Note: I did not (consciously at least) try to make this happen. Although it could be doubted that it happened altogether... it would have to be the single STRONGEST true hallucination I have ever had. I mean, it was Real?. I don't expect you to really understand what happened nor do I expect a plausible explanation (I sure as hell can't find one). Since I hadn't ever heard of "future dreaming" (I didn't name it then, I'm borrowing a previous poster's words) at any point before the event, I think it unlikely that I could be subconsciously producing the phenomenon. And since it happened over a significant period of time, I tend to think that it couldn't have been a delusion.
Basically, what I'm asking for is an as close to logical explanation as possible.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Backwards Deja Vu or what? [Re: Sclorch]
    #611429 - 04/17/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

A logical explanation? We create our reality through our thoughts. Dreams are one way of doing this. This isn't the only function of dreams, just one of the many.

I have had a lot of "future dreams"... in all of them I remembered them when I woke up and just sort of thought.. that was odd.. then forgot about it and went about my day. Only later, when the EXACT SAME THING happened that happened in my dream did I remember it.

I don't think we are actually predicting the future, but we are creating the present. We do it first in our dream, and then make it happen in reality. I really don't think there is any explanation that will fully explain it, but I tried.

Anonymous

Re: Backwards Deja Vu or what? [Re: ]
    #611448 - 04/18/02 12:01 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I hope to god my dreams don't create my reality... they are just strange to say the least. I'm good at connecting symbolic meaning to them though.

Anonymous

Re: Backwards Deja Vu or what? [Re: Anonymous]
    #611459 - 04/18/02 12:11 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Dreams serve many functions. One of them is to organize your thoughts. This is why many dreams may seem chaotic. However I have noticed, with future dreams, is that they seem very oddly normal. I wake up from them and it strikes me as odd because most of my dreams are organized insanity, and when I have a dream that's exactly like real life, I tend to take a second and remember it.

Your dreams do create your reality. They create your reality by organizing your thoughts which you use when you wake up. This is why if you go without sleep for several days, you tend to get delerious and very dreamy, and hallucinate. The mind starts to compensate for lack of dreams by dreaming when you are awake. You problem solve in your dreams, you imagine, and you create the life you want to live. You organize your thoughts in a chaotic way. The mind does not sleep.. while your body and conscious is resting, the subconscious is hard at work doing all these things. When you wake up, dreams are the only memory we have of the work our subconscious was doing. It gives us a small glimpse of the inner workings of our subconscious.

Anonymous

#611465 - 04/18/02 12:16 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Think of it this way.. the mind is like a computer.. when we are awake, we are constantly taking in an amazing amount of information, observations, and various other stimuli. 5 senses worth of physical stimulus. Not to mention our mental and psychic impressions. The conscious mind cannot handle this information, it just processes it, and sends it to the subconscious to categorize it and store it in the "hard drive"... during the process of a day, we take in A LOT of information. When we sleep, it gives our subconscious time to classify this information and put it in the proper filing cabinet. It is like defragmenting your mind.

Anonymous

#611473 - 04/18/02 12:24 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for all that, quite informative... maybe I should sleep more! :wink:

Anonymous

#611481 - 04/18/02 12:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

:wink: It's not quantity of sleep that matters, its quality 

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#611501 - 04/18/02 12:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

what makes the difference? how do you get quality sleep?

Anonymous

Re: Backwards Deja Vu or what? [Re: raytrace]
    #611506 - 04/18/02 12:59 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well.. tossing and turning all night, after drinking alcohol and taking drugs I would consider low quality sleep. Same with if you are sick or something and keep waking up every half hour in a cold sweat.

Quality sleep is when you crash out in a blissful peace and wake up feeling refreshed.

Anonymous

#611507 - 04/18/02 01:00 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Have you ever slept for 12 hours and waken up feeling worse than when you went to sleep? Or have you ever taken an hour long nap and waken up feeling completely rejuvenated? That's the difference in quality of sleep.

Anonymous

#611512 - 04/18/02 01:07 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I never went to sleep last night, but this morning i was laying on the floor listening to this trance track that i had on repeat and i kind slipped out of it for about an hour... i was fine for the rest of the day after that. i don't think it was completely sleep, but it was quality and refreshing.

Anonymous

#611513 - 04/18/02 01:09 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In my book.. if you go unconscious you're asleep. Even if for 5 minutes.

All this talk of sleep is making me tired. I better go get some quality sleep, if I am going to wake up in 3 hours and work for 10.

Anonymous

#611517 - 04/18/02 01:14 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

eh.. yeah, that might help. i was just thinking about doing the same thing, but i don't have to work in the morning.

but, uhm... yeah! backwards deja vu, craZy shit. (goodnight kids)

OfflineSoulTech
Automated
    #611518 - 04/18/02 01:14 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I almost forgot about this until your post reminded me of it. I had a similar experience about 2 years ago.

One night I had a very disturbing dream where I was riding in the passangers seat of my friends car. We were going around a curve and he didn't negotiate it right. We ended up going over an embankment, avoiding a bunch of trees, and rolling the car. The next day I told my girlfriend at the time about my strange dream. Sure enough about a week or two later I was driving a car with the same friend that was in my dream, in the passengers seat. We were on a windey road and I didn't negotiate one of the turns correctly. The car went over a small embankment splitting inbetween two trees (less than two feet on each side) and rolling onto its side. Fortunately, neither of us had a scratch on us; the car was a different story. I didn't put two and two together with my dream and the real life accident until a day or two later. I reminded my girlfriend about my dream and we both thought it to be pretty crazy.

My great grandmother also has a number of cases where she had insight in her dreams. I had been in an accident on a playground, at night, where I need a number of stitches in my head. Right around the same time I was getting stitches at the hospital my great grandmother had a dream that my grandfather was in an accident and having surgery at the hospital. It woke her up and she couldn't go back to sleep. She had a terrible feeling that night, thatsomething was wrong. Also, Whenever she dreams of priest, the next day someone in our family dies.

Peace.

Edited by SoulTech (04/18/02 02:44 AM)

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#611523 - 04/18/02 01:19 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i usually turn a lot in my sleep, but never wake up during the night. it has been long that i don't drink too much and don't take drugs. i usually need about 10 hours sleep and i can't say i feel that great when i wake up.

what can one possibly do to have better quality sleep?

Anonymous

#611532 - 04/18/02 01:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm.. its hard to say without knowing your circumstances.. but in general, maybe you are thinking too much when you go to sleep? Try to relax and let your mind go. Drift into the pleasant wonderland of sleep without worrying about your life. Sleep is the one time during your day when you don't have to worry about everything. Drifting off to sleep should be a very pleasant experience.

Aside from that, there is a number of things you can do to improve your sleep. Clean your room if it is messy. Re-arrange your furniture. Read up on Feng Shui... the patterns of furniture and arrangement of things in your rooms effects the energy distribution. If the room is cluttered or not organized well.. it can cause energy blocks or vortices which can hinder your quality of sleep. Try sleeping with your head facing North for a couple nights and see if that helps any. If that doesn't work, sleep with your head facing south. I seem to get the best sleep with my head facing North, and I have tested it in many directions, though it is likely it is different for different people.

Anyways, I don't mean to turn this into a sleep thread. Sorry. I have a couple experiences I would like to share dealing with this subject on future dreams. However my mind is cluttered now and needs sleep. Tommorow I shall return and share some of my experiences with these types of dreams.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#611647 - 04/18/02 04:37 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

thanks, anyway...

on the subject of future dreams: when i was a little kid i had a future dream, it only lasted a few seconds, but it came up exactly as i dreamed, and i can still remember it. i had given it a lot of thought and can't really say it wasn't my mind playing tricks. there was also a couple of other times that i had similar stuff but not that clear as that one. maybe i still remember it because it was the first time something like that happened.

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #611657 - 04/18/02 05:07 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well, you seem like the "always thinking" type. You were subconsciously predicting the future events of your classroom . Your subconscious predictions were based on
the real events in your class-- like what chapter in the book you were on, or how your friend might answer a particular question based on his knowledge. Coincidentally everything came true. The part where you thought about the dream is only another coincidence.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #611999 - 04/18/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Logical explaination..........I've had this happen maybe six times that I can remember clearly and maybe more. If it happened to both of us......well.....I guess it happens........is that logic?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Backwards Deja Vu or what? [Re: frogsheath]
    #612079 - 04/18/02 03:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

frogsheath-
Maybe... but what about the body language? The exact same point of view I had? I don't see how this was just a wierd prediction based on my knowledge.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale