Mushroom Ego Loss Level 5 trip.
" To me, ego loss is complete and total loss of the recollection that you exist. It was pure experience without judgement because there was no "me" there to judge.
I'm not sure if that makes any sense to you, but that's the best way I can think of to describe it. I can see how it would be unsettling to some, but I too was unprepared for it and it was likely one of the most positive experiences of my life.
ego loss is the ability to remove yourself from the world of "i". When one looses their ego they feel a part of the eternal NOW and the eternal universe.. there is no differentiation between the person sitting next to you or the plants in your back yard, or the refrigerator in your kitchen.. everything becomes one.. If you try to loose your ego it wont happen. As the great alan watts said. "trying to loose your ego is the biggest ego trip going". Meditation is a great way of loosing your ego and it will come naturally once you "get it".
I've noticed that when you try to slow down to put words to what you're feeling (that requires your ego) than you are entered into a third bardo mindset (rebirth of the ego) and it brings you down. Another thing about the tibetan book of the dead is reincarnation is meant to be applied to death of the ego not death of the body. And every time you smoke a high enough dose of DMT your ego will be shattered/killed/ or put to sleep for a few minutes - that's why you must not be attached to your ego or you will die with it and be reborn rather than be liberated from the ego into a state of nirvana. You must control the set and setting as much as you can without trying to influence the trip during the trip - that's when you sit back and - i'd say loose control, but you really have to focus to pay attention.. my 2 cents
When I came back, I laid back and told myself to let go and give in. I laid down again, and as I shut my eye and hit play, I told myself to lose myself. As track seven started, I pictured these small creatures moving everything in the house away. At first it was a bit scary, but I gave into the experience and gave up. In my mind's eye, when everything was taken away, they turned to me and began dissasembling me as well starting at my feet. There was also this huge devider that came down and was splitting my body into two halves. The music was perfect for this.
Level 5 trips are actually very difficult to define. Like someone said before, if you experienced a level 5 trip would you even know you had one? For me, a level 5 trip is beyond the physical realm of this world. It's only possible to acheive once the total stucture of mind, ego and soul are shattered.
You can take enough shrooms to experience a level 5 trip but never get there because you're too consumed in fighting yourself from letting go and in turn you experience a nightmare trip. You fight with the past, future and present. You fight who you are and who want to become and the road you must travle to get there. You fight the physical world around you, using every ounce of mental strength you have trying to tell yourself that none of this is really happening. You fight to urge to cry. . . scream. . . break down in to a mangled heap of emotions. You fight yourself. You stuggle and struggle and hold on with all your might. You try and comprehend what's going on inside you as well in your surrounding envoironment. You look to grasp onto anything that has a touch of reality to it. You have to convince yourself that you're not in a nightmare but mearly on mushrooms. You tell yourself this over and over again. Then finally, hours later, you begin to decend back into reality. You're left scratching your head. "Gosh, that was a crazy experence... I don't think I'll do that again." Then you run to the shroomery and or to your friends and tell them about your crazy level 5 trip. You speak of the insanity of it all. You had no concept of anything. You couldn't even grasp the concept of you being alive. Then you move on with your life, thinking that your profound level 5 trip has changed your philosophy on life and your are much wiser for it.
Well, you didn't experience a level 5 trip.
With a true level 5 trip you have learned the trick of letting go. Even people who can transend into level 5 trips have trouble letting go of who they are. What typically happens to me is I'll struggle with letting go for a long time. I tell myself I took way too much. I feel like I'm going insane. I'll tell myself I'm headed for a bad trip. I'll struggle and strugle and refuse to let go of my reality. I look for something real to grab. I'll look for a friend to talk to. I fight to urge to break down... Then something happens... I give up on fighting. My physical reality fades out. Memories of my past fly by me at light speed but some how I'm able to reflect on the entirty of them in a course of a second. I'm flying I think, feeling like I'm being pulled somewhere really fast, but what's interesting is there's nothing on my body to be pulled because I have no body. I arrive someplace. I don't know what or where it is but I don't care. I feel like I'm a rock or a tree or a drop of dew on a leaf observing a sarine setting. Nothing seems to happens. I hear something calling me. I look and see nothing. I observe the bueaty of the sun refleting of the ripples in the water. Then in an instant I become the sun drenched ripple on the water. I feel the suns warmth. I roll over and turn back around. I see the shore from a distance. I am relaxed. I feel myself roll over again. This feeling of being liquid is truely amazing (although I'm not acutally able to comprehend it at that moment. Only hours later am I able to put any of this together.) I slowly ripple towards the shoreline. I see a butterfly flutter over me. In a flash I am the butterfly. I flutter through the air towards the shore and land on the moist sandy shoreline. I take a drink off the damp ground. It is so soothing. I have been flying for hours and I'm really tired. I feel like I'm going to collapse. I feel like if I stay in this spot much longer I'll be in danger. I flutter over to plant leaf and rest my wings. I feel old. I relax my wings and try to think. I can't think. I don't know how to think. I melt into the leaf. I feel like liquid again. Everything is vividly green. I feel like I'm traveling through the vascular system of the plant, through it's stem in to its roots then back into the ground. I'm flying again. I'm being pulled harded then I was before. There's a sense of urgancy to get somewhere. There are color everywhere. I can taste them. I can hear them, I can feel them. I realize that I am a color. I'm blue. I'm weighless, moving fast. I see a window. I fly into it and then through it. I'm split in to many different rays. I start to feel myself breathing again. It feels good... like I'm coming home from a trip that lasted too long. I feel my legs and then arms. I feel my heart beating. I open my eyes. I'm laying in my room on the grond next to my couch. My friends watching MTV and laughing histarically. Music is playing in the background. I don't know what it is but it feels good to hear. I lift my head off the ground and finally realize that I am infact myself. It's hard to say if this is real at first. I still feel very intoxicated. I remind myself what's going on, or at least I try to remind myself. I look at the clock. "1:54" has no meaning to me. my previous days work floods into my mind. I feel anxious about it. I realize that I'm start to come down. I get up and sit on the couch next to my friend. I ask him how long I've been laying on the grund. He says he thinks I've been down there for 2 and a half hours. I turn my focus on to the televison and quickly become engorssed in what happening. I am happy. I feel good. I have had a level 5 trip."
|