Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: ]
    #1667245 - 06/27/03 11:53 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Revelation said:
Strangely, the closest I've come to psychosis has been on weed. I have a certain empathy towards people who suffer from paranoid schizophrenia now.

Other than that, the calmest and most centered mind states I have experienced seem to have come from drugs. Mushrooms and mdma both give me this feeling. I think it's called "optimism".

That's funny you say that because I've heard from a doctor that chronic marijuana smokers(not people who smoke chronic) have brain chemistry similar to that of a paraniod schizo's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1667285 - 06/27/03 12:12 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
When I say that, I mean anything that has been synthesized in a lab.

Would you agree that psilocin synthesized from "scratch" in a laboratory is exactly the same as psilocin obtained from a natural source?

OfflineMistaSmokupalot
Necrophiliac
Male

Loc: Between Heaven and Hell
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1667454 - 06/27/03 03:14 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Yes I've been in a state that I coudl've seriosuly gone on a mass murder spree and wake up the next morning and think that I had just slept all the time when I was choppin bodys up. (NO I havn;t done that, I;ve been in a state where I could've)..

I've posted this trip on many websites, and erowid...I'll just break it down.

Took an eighth of cubensies maybe a couple mg more. Went to buddies house and my eyes started becoming very wet and droopy, I felt sleepy. I went to go pee, come back into my freinds room with a strange liquid all over my body (I pprobably pissed myself, or it wass just tap water) I start REALLLLLLY tripping, it just HITS with effect unexpected, seeing hallucinations seeing everything move (y'know the regilar) but all of this happened in one second, one second no visuals next fully tripping.

I thought the liquid was blood, and that I had just done something with my bowel (like torn it out or something really weird...) and after that of course everything goes bad. I see my freind as lucifer the devil and I beleive that i am in hell (I hear screaming voices, tires screeching, people yelling) I start praying and literally going insane in my mind, wonderign what the fuck had happened and why I was in hell and not heaven. After reading the bible for 2 hours out loud my freind got me to phone my dad and pick me up, because he didnt know who else to phone.

I ended up thinking my dad was 'the father' and I confessed my sins to him, every single thing I had done bad, I said to him (very embarrasing). He picked me up in front of my freinds house when his house alarm was going off because I had jumped down the staircase and jumped pretty much through his door (of course his bible was in my hand the entire way). as my mom picked me up, she put all o fmy things into the back of the car, I threw them out because they were sins...so on and so on, I trip out in her car, thinking that I'm going to heaven..reading the bible out loud.

I talk to my 'father' and confessed my sins again, and then went to bed. I woke up the enxt morning and thought that I was a ghost, either that or I was in heaven and I was dead. It took me a good 2 days to become regular and know that I was just tripping out...Scary stuff...no more mushrooms for me..that was really scary.

sorry for the bad english, im pretty stoned right now, and Im just day after mood.

peace.

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1667480 - 06/27/03 03:29 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Oh absolutely. Like I said above, the synthetic drugs I have taken, MDMA, DXM, LSD(forgot that one), cocaine (I guess this may be up for debate as to wheter it is synthetic), and meth one time, just made me feel like shit the next day. I also hate feeling the residual for several days after ingestion.

That is why I prefer the stuff that is natural. I was just saying that because those are what are synthetics to me.

I agree if it is the exact chemical compounds that occur naturally were synthesized in a lab, I likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: PDU]
    #1667493 - 06/27/03 03:41 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Yes; on mushrooms.

Lots of stuff happened.. I wish it hadn't, I'm sure I still dunno half of what occured that night. ( memories rationalized by depictions of events by others )

If I had been expecting this trip, or got to taste a little bit of it.. I would have definatly lowered the dose 5 fold... or not dosed at all. I still haven't tripped since that trip a year ago, and even though I want to again.. All I can think about is falling back into that trip, and I know I will with that mindset. I dunno if I'll ever get the guts to venture back into the world of mushrooms. =\

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1668354 - 06/27/03 11:47 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said: cocaine (I guess this may be up for debate as to wheter it is synthetic)

Cocaine naturally occurs in a plant. Cocaine in pure form must be extracted. This does not mean that the cocaine itself was synthesized in a laboratory.

Quote:

and meth one time

Apparently methamphetamine has recently been found in a plant. There's a thread in the Ethnobotanical garden forum for the full text.

Quote:

I was just saying that because those are what are synthetics to me.

It seems to me like your definition of synthetic includes natural compounds which are isolated by a chemical process.

-------------------------------------
An interesting thing that's being done now in the industrial manufacture of chemicals is to obtain some fungus or other life form that will do the necessary conversion steps, thus avoiding the need of the chemist carrying the synthesis in some steps. In some cases, simple yeast or other organisms have been genetically modified so that a final product can be obtained with minimal work from a chemist. Are these products natural or synthetic? I see no distinction.

My original definition of synthetic was that a synthetic chemical is one that has never been found in nature. This doesn't mean that the chemical is any different from natural chemicals because it is logically possible that a chemical which is first known as a man-made chemical could later be found in nature. That's the definition I usually use in these types of arguments, because the fact that "synthetic" chemicals could later be found in nature should be enough to allow you to logically conclude that there's no inherent difference.

Personally, I no longer see any distinction. I'm not sure what "nature" is supposed to be. Is it still nature if a human being has altered a plant's gene expression? What if something "unnatural" has been altered in its diet?

There's also a relevant passage from TiHKAL that I like:

Some fascinating studies have been done in Germany where the metabolically active mycelium of some Psilocybe species have been administered diethyltryptamine as a potential diet component. Normally, this mushroom species dutifully converts N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) to psilocin, by introducing a 4-hydroxyl group into the molecule by something that is probably called an indole 4-hydroxylase by the biochemists. You put DMT in, and you get 4-hydroxy-DMT out, and this is psilocin. Maybe if you put Mickey Mouse in, you would get 4-hydroxy-Mickey Mouse out. It is as if the mushroom psyche didn't really care what it was working with, it was simply compelled to do its sacred duty to 4-hydroxylate any tryptamine it came across. It was observed that if you put N,N-diethyltryptamine (DET, not a material found in nature) into the growing process, the dutiful and ignorant enzymes would hydroxylate it to 4-hydroxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (4-HO-DET) a potent drug also not known in nature. This is the title drug of this commentary. What a beautiful burr to thrust into the natural versus synthetic controversy. If a plant (a mushroom mycelium in this case) is given a man-made chemical, and this plant converts it, using its natural capabilities, into a product that had never before been known in nature, is that product natural? What is natural? This is the stuff of many long and pointless essays.

From the entry under 4-HO-DET

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: mushroomviking]
    #6232268 - 10/31/06 05:46 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

honestly, the worst "experience" i had was just high off of grass. it wasn't a psychosis, as i felt perfectly fine when i became sober, but herb should done is a good set of mind and environment. all psychedelics are suggested in a good "set & setting), but herb not that much. it seems very different for others, though. i don't generally like communicating when stoned (unless its a good strain that does).

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: Limerick]
    #6232307 - 10/31/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I have never experienced psychosis, but I have experienced things that are very real, totally unbelievable, and would be diagnosed as psychosis.

I usually dont talk about them. The book true hallucinations was read by me after these experiences, and the similarities are amazing, and the message is true.

True hallucinations is a great book only because it brushes the surface of unspeakable things, truely magical things.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (10/31/06 06:00 PM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: yageman]
    #6232327 - 10/31/06 06:03 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Ive done it to the point where it stuck with me for a month or two after and it sure as hell aint fun...just gotta get through it while it slowly goes away.

--------------------

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6232736 - 10/31/06 07:35 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I've yet to go off the deep end where I am in danger of hurting myself or others, touch wood.

Although I have had three such experiences with other persons I was with that totally went over the edge. Man, that moment of horror when you realize the other person has just lost it is terrible. You just know the next 10 hours are going to be hellish and intense.

That moment's arrival was always trumpeted when the other person stopped responding to their name, followed by lack of any response to external stimulus.

1st such instance occurred at night, in a city, plenty of cops around. Sought refuge in a dark, inner city park in which the "lostee" assumed the Jesus Christ pose and fell face forward into a fountain. I had to jump in and pull him out and spend the rest of the night wet and cold, huddled in darkness. Grim memories of a long, long night. At one time we were moving down a busy city street when I realized he was no longer walking behind me. I found him in a 7-11, again in a Christ post, leaning back on a rack of chips, head turned up to the bright light. Maybe he could see "God"? Quickly got him out of there before they called the cops.

2nd time wasn't as bad. Managed to snap the guy out of it after about 3 - 4 hours.

3rd time was just the cheese. Long, long, long night.

Needless to say I only trip alone now.

OfflinePryingOpenMy3rdEye
Stranger

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: PDU]
    #13168463 - 09/08/10 11:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I really don't know if this is considered psychosis...
but about a month ago me and my friend were out at night in our backyard at about 4:00am and we were thizzing hard then we heard multiple gunshots coming from somewhere(we also live in the middle of nowhere so it made it even more sketchy) and we started running for our lives. I know how a gun shot sounds and I was for sure that night it was gun shot. I had a severe panic attack and I still don't feel normal since....

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: PryingOpenMy3rdEye]
    #13169198 - 09/09/10 07:55 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Twice.

I will update this post thoroughly when I get the chance.

:rockon:

--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Offlinelasttime
Stranger
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: Around In Circles]
    #13169902 - 09/09/10 11:05 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I am glad this thread exists. People need to know the REAL risk of what taking these "safe" psychedelics can result in.

I took an eighth of p. subbs (or maybe cyans, doesn't really matter). I didn't know how potent they were. Perhaps if I knew how massive of a dose this was, I could have prepared myself psychologically. Instead, I went completely paranoid delusional. Walked around my neighborhood naked thinking I was the next messiah, buddha, christ, etc. Amazingly I somehow sobered up on the ride over to jail. I can see how those delusions could last several days though

I'm curious, how many of you feel that your mindset going into the trip was a big factor? I was looking too hard for life's answers. I think the best way to trip is to treat it like any other fun drug, and just let what happens happen.

Offlineshmorgasbourg
straight hood
Male

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #13171057 - 09/09/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

last month i took the biggest dose of shrooms i've ever taken in my life... it was somewhere around like 11 grams. well anyways i was staring at these two old baggies (1/8 shrooms each) and i was wondering since they were so old if they were any good... they were probly like 4 months old each and stored in anything but the perfect conditions... well anyways i made a pb&j sandwich and threw in another small amount of shrooms and ate it... about an hour later i was trippin... i kept freaking out about making a schedule for my week... i kept going to the computer and opening up a word document... and holy shit i was completely incapable of doing ANYTHING. i sat there sweating like a pig for about 45 minutes then the mushrooms began taking more effect. i went into my bedroom and started watching King Of The Hill... i think it was already an episode filled with more nonsense then usual so it totally didn't help... the characters were all talking nonsense and everything ran together. my Girlfriend was in the living room watching pinochio. i walked in and it was on the part where the whale is swimming in the ocean and the water was doing some freaky ass shit.... i was totally fucked. so anyways i thought this was pretty much were my high was gonna stay at... geezuz christ was i wrong... this had all happened before midnight and i stayed up till dawn. im not quite sure what happened after the Pinocchio incident but i do remember laying in bed freaking out and talking to my girlfriend about something i don't remember..
i do remember asking her a few questions that made no sense "am i smarter than you?" is one of them. i vaguely remember her talking to me, and for some reason as i try to recall what she was saying i think she was crying! i don't know what the hell i said that made her cry.... i have never asked her about it because of the other things that happened that night are kinda embarrassing.... well yeah then i think we had sex but i might have just imagined it.... i'm seriously unsure if we did or not... that's pretty crazy.... well yeah after this i looked out the window and i saw sunlight which made me realize that it was around 5AM since that is when the sunrise is at this time of year. i picked up a glass of water that was on my counter next to my bed and i poured it on my chest.... i don't know why... immediately i sobered up a bit and i realized i was being dumb. but when i felt on the bed to see if there was water it was completely dry! my momentary sobriety didn't last long... i started to feel as if i had somehow made the water not be there.... like uh..... like i knew i had just poured the water but somehow i had made it to be as if i never had spilled the water.... if that makes any sense... then i looked at the clock and saw it was only 2AM! so there was no way that i could have seen sunlight outside. i checked back outside and sure enough it was dark as shit. so as i sat there i started to think that the reason i had seen sunlight before is because i thought that it was already dawn and somehow i had made that thought into reality. and what happened with the water made me think that even more. so i started thinking that i could control time and the universe as long as i truly believed i could. so i thought to myself "what should i do with my newfound powers?". so i thought i might as well get rich. so i went outside... completely naked... don't know how this happened. but i went outside with the intention of creating a winning lottery ticket on the floor, finding it,  and becoming rich.... so i was outside and running across the desert(thank god i live in the middle of nowhere and no one saw me). i was running across all these dried plants and weeds and rocks and i felt no pain it was weird. but yeah the worst part of this whole thing were the things going through my mind... which were pretty horrible. i dunno why i started thinking these things but since i felt that i was in complete control of everything i kept thinking that since i could get away with anything i could do anything... im sure that under the right circumstances i probly could have jumped of a roof or maybe even murdered someone(since the thought DID go through my mind). It was a fuckin horrible night…. Since then I have had some pretty weird thoughts about the kind of person I am….

Like in those hours of complete crazyness I HONESTLY thought I had all the power in the universe… and some of the things I wanted to do were bad things… even though only a few moments later I felt horrible and almost cried about how I could think to do some of these things, at the moment I was thinking them I‘m sure I could have followed through with them. While I was that high I was completely convinced that I was untouchable. I guess I learned that I’m pretty weak willed. Even though It was completely imaginary I was corrupted by what I thought I had…

I’ve always considered myself to be a peaceful person. Does what happened to me and the things I thought of mean that If I could do these things without repercussion I would? Am I deep down fundamentally an evil person? Since that night I’ve thought about that pretty much every day… it really has fucked up my views about myself and I get depressed about it a lot.

Since then I’ve stuck with the 1/8th of shrooms at a time rule…

--------------------
I REMEMBER I HEADBUTT THIS GUY ONCE.... SERIOUSLY THE BEST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE

Offlinelasttime
Stranger
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: shmorgasbourg]
    #13171937 - 09/09/10 06:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I feel ya shmor. our experience is pretty similar. LOL what is it that made us want to go outside running around naked? crazy shit!

Offlinesaxx
Stranger

Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: lasttime]
    #13172722 - 09/09/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

does datura/DPH count?

Went pretty psycho on those.

--------------------
sucking dick for drink tickets
at the free bar at my cousin's bat mitzvah

zappateer said:
I'm not wasting time at school. I'm gaining hella knowledge and life experience, not trying to use my degree for financial gain.

OfflinePsychedelicWizard
The Created
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: saxx]
    #13172881 - 09/09/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have

multiple times

Just to let you guys know I am on 1875mg of soma so if I don't make sense you know why:awedrugs:

I once smoked 120mg of DMT, holding a balloon full of 2 n2o chargers. I unhaled the DMT in 2 hits out of a water bong on top of weed. Instantly inhaled the nitrous right before I couldnt move

Then I blacked out

I remember coming back to semi-conscious awareness and see the room be taken apart in every way imaginable, or should I say unimaginable.

It was all multicolored and chaotic

I saw the doorway melt and turn into severed human arms and legs glowing in purple and black flames, It felt scary and frigtened me to death

I had the strong urge to drift through this 'gateway' and realized the only way to do so was to realize the fear was just an illusion, and illusion I self-created, or projected. And the way to pass through to the otherside is to understand the darkness within, but not only to see, feel, and experience it, but learn how to overcome it. I did this by projecting my spirit out of my ego and allowed myself to witness this gateway for what it was, which was a median.

I realized that fear itself is what holds our minds back, the unknown

So I took a leap into the unknown, into the pitch black void

and in there I found that there is no light but the light you project, that you create in the emptiness

I became the creator.

I also went to the bathroom as I was coming down to piss and realized I went way to far way too fast. had visuals and trippy thoughts for a whole week following.

It truly started a transition into a new awareness and new way of living in that time period.

I believe it was meant to be. As i do not refer to what I experience in life as something a doctor would. I realize that worry and knowledge are what create fear and anxiety, but one you overcome it, well, It's truly magical.

Love you all brother's and sisters

I feel I have to unite everyone's perspective so that we can let go of ourselves and become the network of life we were meant to be, I see that the planet is off balance because the people in it are off balance and I really think that we should all put our feelings, thoughts, senses aside so that we can unite our energy.

Sorry for babbling im pretty messed up and am about to take another 125mg soma

Haha
Have a great night all

--------------------
When the student is ready, the master appears.  ~Buddhist Proverb
:pipesmoke:

OfflineEvolution
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in time and spa...
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: PsychedelicWizard]
    #13173270 - 09/09/10 11:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What about the Soma you're taking, I also read it in antoher thread.

Peganum Harmala, Amanita?

Just interested
:shoosh:

--------------------
- Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies - F.W. Nietzche

OfflinePsychedelicWizard
The Created
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis? [Re: Evolution]
    #13173299 - 09/10/10 12:00 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have take syrian rue, but only with DMT

no fly agaric for me, not yet

--------------------
When the student is ready, the master appears.  ~Buddhist Proverb
:pipesmoke:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder