Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
I need some advise on buying a handgun!
    #5583123 -

I finally live in a state where there arent millions of restrictions on guns, and im moving about 20 miles from anyone... so i have decided to get a handgun.

I was in one of the stores today, and I was looking at all the handguns. they seem pretty pricey, I'm hoping to go with a used gun for the price.

I want somthing bigger than a .22 but i dont know how big to go. I was thinking about a 9 mil but i have heard i should just get a 45cal or a 380... anyone have some advise?

also how much am i looking at spending wise? the new ones were around 450 at the shop. i was hoping to find somthing used for around $200.


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5583136 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5583156 -

haha, yeah im going to buy one for real this time.

that thread was to flush out which of the 3 people in my family were spying on me via this board... turned out it was everyone.


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5583162 -

Don't get a glock! They've got a reputation, and I'm sure they last forever... but I've never enjoyed shooting one. The top part is too light and they recoil a lot because of it.

9mm is a good caliber because it does the damage, and has pretty low recoil. Plus if you've got a woman, she could probably handle it without any trouble.

my personal favorite is the old Nazi Walther p38! The one my dad has still shoots like a dream after 60+ years!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5583167 -

zippoz said:
haha, yeah im going to buy one for real this time.

that thread was to flush out which of the 3 people in my family were spying on me via this board... turned out it was everyone.



HAH! Nice trick!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: dr0mni]
    #5583195 -

yeah, it was a weird coupple of days, when everyone suddenly went out of town..... hahaha they got freeked out.

then my pops was all like, "i need you to give me the gun"

i fell over laughing


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5583239 -

zippoz said:
I finally live in a state where there arent millions of restrictions on guns, and im moving about 20 miles from anyone... so i have decided to get a handgun.



Fuck yeah. Welcome my gun-toting brother. There's nothing like having a gat.

What do you want in a handgun? Are you looking to competition shoot? Are you looking for a concealed carry gun? Are you looking for a good 'ole home defense weapon that won't leave the house? Do you want a "beater" gun or a gun that will stay in pristine condition and maintain a high value?

We need more info.

Edited by RandalFlagg (05/02/06 09:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: dr0mni]
    #5583250 -

dr0mni said:
Don't get a glock! They've got a reputation, and I'm sure they last forever... but I've never enjoyed shooting one. The top part is too light and they recoil a lot because of it.



I like Glocks. Yo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5583260 -

well im not going to get a conceal and carry, as im not going to give up my fingerprints....

but i do plan to open carry with me and keep it in my car and home.
mostly for target shooting, and personal defense.

I dont want it to be to bulky, and prefer a lighter weight, more versitle gun.

no revolvers, definately an automatic.

I would just get a shot gun, but the thing is that i have to travel alot, and i cant bring a gun into certain states without permits and so on... so im going to have to leave it in saftey deposit boxes and what not before i cross state lines.....

what do you think?


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5583267 -

uh seriously dude if u got mental issues dont buy a gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5583295 -

zippoz said:
well im not going to get a conceal and carry, as im not going to give up my fingerprints....



Weird. In my state you don't have to give your fingerprints for a concealed carry permit. But, you do have to go through a background check.

zippoz said:
but i do plan to open carry with me and keep it in my car



Open carry is frowned upon in most states. It is somewhat acceptable in the West though (Arizona, Nevada, etc..)

zippoz said:
I dont want it to be to bulky, and prefer a lighter weight, more versitle gun.



Well, it sounds like you want a gun that is smallish (but not too small), has an average caliber, can be carried comfortably, is not terribly expensive, isn't a piece of shit, and that you can plink at stuff with. Is this correct?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: Hitman203]
    #5583301 -

ah glocks are good guns their not my fancy. for targets 9MM is better cus 9MM luger ammo is a lot cheaper than .45 caliber rounds.
my fasv handgun would have to be the ruger redhawk .44 magnum.
love shooting them


--------------------


OI OI OI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: Hitman203]
    #5583304 -

get a .45 they make you look bad ass and are intimidating


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5583309 -

you got it randal!

what state are you in again? and does it have resoprosity with its CCW permits?


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: Hitman203]
    #5583317 -

ah glocks are good guns their not my fancy. for targets 9MM is better cus 9MM luger ammo is a lot cheaper than .45 caliber rounds.
my favorite handgun would have to be the Ruger red hawk .44 magnum.
love shooting them and just enjoy holding a massive revolver up cocking back the hammer and squeezing off high caliber slugs hahaha.

shat sorry for the double post was editing and blegh casn you delete my first one? completely?


--------------------


OI OI OI

Edited by MrMolotov (05/02/06 09:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5583361 -

zippoz said:
what state are you in again? and does it have resoprosity with its CCW permits?



Pennsylvania.

Some states have reciprocity with other states when it comes to concealed permits. I think Arizona and Kentucky do for example. If you have a permit in either of those states you can go into the other state and carry concealed. Although, how you would legally carry the gun from Arizona to Kentucky (and through all of the non-reciprocity states in between) concealed is a mystery. Maybe they want you to teleport or something. My state has no reciprocity with any other state. I can only carry concealed in Pennsyvlania. These are questions which you should ask your local sheriff's office.

As for a gun that fits your criteria: If you were willing to spend $500-ish or so I would suggest a Sig or a Glock. But, if you are only willing to put down $200-ish I would suggest checking out the same brand that I have (Bersa). They are cheap but good guns that function well.

DON'T get a cheapo brand (Hi-Point, etc..). Anything under $150 brand new is junk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5583378 -

MrMolotov said:
ah glocks are good guns their not my fancy. for targets 9MM is better cus 9MM luger ammo is a lot cheaper than .45 caliber rounds.
my fasv handgun would have to be the ruger redhawk .44 magnum.
love shooting them



9mm is the caliber of choice for women.

If I was gonna get a gun it would definetely be a .45

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5583384 -

under 150 new or used?

and what are the other crappy brannds?


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5583392 -

desert eagle


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need some advise on buying a handgun! [Re: Infrared]
    #5583398 -

dd44? :smile:


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bought my first handgun today!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
NWlight 7,054 128 12/28/12 04:43 PM
by Doctor Sponge
* Questions about buying a handgun (FOR PROTECTION)
( 1 2 all )
badlydrawnboy 5,546 33 04/22/08 11:17 PM
by WakeboardrB
* Drug Testing in 2012 with... Fingerprints? abltsandwich 1,410 6 11/20/11 11:56 PM
by WakeboardrB
* I thought only "criminals" had Fingerprints!
( 1 2 all )
WoodsCall 3,666 38 08/03/05 09:50 AM
by Cowgold
* Military Handgun Poll
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
AsanteM 10,547 105 06/08/06 03:04 PM
by Liquidkick
* I think the greatest of all-time caliber handgun is...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Lived_1978-2043 6,425 101 07/20/15 06:04 PM
by rackem
* Fingerprinted to clock in to work.
( 1 2 all )
Shiithead 3,058 32 06/06/15 08:33 AM
by healing
* Fingerprint login - invasive?
( 1 2 all )
PDU 3,859 22 01/07/09 09:14 PM
by Postulio

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,585 topic views. 3 members, 39 guests and 235 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.