Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5044977 -

Naptha isn't too bad.  Just think how a zippo smells :smile:  I kinda like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5045006 -

oh god yeah dont get me started on evaporating xylene. Not only is it slow but my god the smell!

Surprisingly, my entire bedroom smelled AWFUL just because one of the HDPE jugs with xylene in it had a slightly loose fitting lid.

As soon as I get my sep funnel and some pedro to extract from, I'm going to use toluene instead of xylene.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5045024 -

You'd be surprised how well a large plastic rubbermaid tub with lid (like the kind used for mushroom growing) contains the smell of xylene. Put something slightly heavy on top and it's nearly air tight. Not a trace of smell, until you open it... then the room is instantly flooded. :smile:


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5045421 -

when searching for lye you want to buy red devil drain cleaner it is 100% lye. I don't know what the hell you are useing that for. Becarefull and don't do any thing stupid. Lye is watched as people don't really use it to clean their pipes like they are suppossed to. I hope that all your doing is cleaning a cloged drain. I was told in 9th grade what lye was by a teacher he was explaining something about some idoit that tried to desolve bodys with it or some stupid shit like that. I guess it always stuck with me that story he told.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/making_bar_soap.html

good news it looks like it was finely discontinued. I hope that slows down them damn tweakers!!
http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/coldprocesssoapmaking/a/lyesources.htm

they list alturnitives on where to buy it online.

Edited by onetime (12/10/05 06:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: onetime]
    #5045435 -

onetime said:
I hope that all your doing is cleaning a cloged drain.



Heh... you must be new here? (not literally)

We start fight clubs. But the kind you can talk about. You can't have a fight club without scaring the shit out of some dude by pouring lye on his hands.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5045451 -

no I am not new I edited my post with new links.


--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: onetime]
    #5045514 -

It was just silly to say what you hope people are using it for.

Got anything against mescaline and DMT? I hope not. It hurts decent chemists as well as the "bad ones". Either way, lots of stores are restocking with other brands I've never heard of before. One had a number of 99% varieties that weren't there before Red Devil stopped with their product.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: onetime]
    #5045838 -

onetime said:
when searching for lye you want to buy red devil drain cleaner it is 100% lye. I don't know what the hell you are useing that for. Becarefull and don't do any thing stupid. Lye is watched as people don't really use it to clean their pipes like they are suppossed to. I hope that all your doing is cleaning a cloged drain. I was told in 9th grade what lye was by a teacher he was explaining something about some idoit that tried to desolve bodys with it or some stupid shit like that. I guess it always stuck with me that story he told.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/making_bar_soap.html

good news it looks like it was finely discontinued. I hope that slows down them damn tweakers!!
http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/coldprocesssoapmaking/a/lyesources.htm

they list alturnitives on where to buy it online.



People like me use it in acid/base extractions. it is NOT good that it's been discontinued, and the end result is going to cause more harm than good if someone is stupid enough to try substituting an impure equivalent because they cant find Red Devil. Commonly it is used to extract mescaline crystals as well as DMT from their organic sources.

I havent patronized this particular establishment myself, but here is a hobby chemistry supply vendor that sells reagent grade NaOH for soapmaking purposes. I'd advise that you buy the smallest sized container, because anything larger comes with an unpleasant HazMat handling fee. I beleive you can buy any number of the smallest container and still avoid the fee, so you can still buy in bulk.
http://www.chemistrystore.com/Sodium_Hydroxide.htm


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5046415 -

or, you could just make your own lye from wood ashes


--------------------
"His job is to shed light
And not to master."

Edited by fungivore (12/10/05 11:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5046435 -

yeah...regarding the xylol fumes...I've got a nice garage that vents well.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: fungivore]
    #5049044 -

fungivore said:
or, you could just make your own lye from wood ashes



I suppose you could, but it really just seems more worthwhile to buy reagent grade from a chemical company. That eliminates a few "fuckup vectors".


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is zippo lighter fuel an acceptable substitue for Toulene?
( 1 2 3 all )
DrJ 3,258 51 03/17/06 08:36 PM
by DrJ
* Red Devil Lye Discontinued JB201 9,766 8 12/24/05 12:03 AM
by Fluxburn
* toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions wang_chung00 1,790 9 03/01/07 10:02 AM
by badreligion2good
* how much lye in mescaline extraction? sancho 2,651 3 02/13/05 10:00 PM
by neuro
* Naptha and zippo fluid Taskenti 1,796 6 04/18/06 04:18 PM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* I need one more thing to extract mescaline, but can't find Red Devil Lye anywhere! MOTH 1,055 3 11/20/05 07:31 PM
by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
* naphtha and lye capital_me 1,086 7 12/07/06 08:09 PM
by thedudenj
* Salvia Extract with naptha Remut 2,012 1 06/25/04 02:17 AM
by redgreenvines

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,526 topic views. 0 members, 11 guests and 23 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 17 queries.