Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
in search of tuolene and lye
    #5019573 -

funny, I know I've seen both of these things
at the local true value and home depot, but I
went tonite and there was no xylene/tuolene
or lye available.

if I can't find it at these places, I'm pretty
much plumb out of ideas...

anyone have any good ideas?


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5019612 -

Keep in mind that toluene from hardware stores is generally not perfectly clean.
Have you tried walmart and homedepot (more likely) for the toluene?
Lye is getting harder and harder to find, maybe call around. Try craft shops?  (You are making soap with it :wink:)
Best of luck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Jaeger]
    #5022545 -

what's a good clean source of tuolene or other suitable
solvent for pedroext?


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5022711 -

Hardware store. If one didn't have xylene or toulene, try another. You'll find it.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Jaeger]
    #5023486 -

Jaeger said:
Keep in mind that toluene from hardware stores is generally not perfectly clean.
Have you tried walmart and homedepot (more likely) for the toluene?
Lye is getting harder and harder to find, maybe call around. Try craft shops?  (You are making soap with it :wink:)
Best of luck



Making sope with lye? Did I miss something?


--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Taskenti]
    #5023512 -

That is one popular use of lye. So when searching for lye, it may be helpful to ask for it using that reasoning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Taskenti]
    #5023639 -

yep..... good lab grade lye can be had from online soap making sites.....


--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

..............

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5026346 -

I love lowes more and more...just wish they were closer.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5026484 -

all squared away now?


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5026748 -

Large hardware stores have huge variety, but therein lies the problem. It's hard to find shit in them. Amazingly, most well-managed locations of ACE Hardware have nearly the same variety of goods as the major departments of a Home Depot, all in an area smaller than your house.

My local ACE hardware has Xylene, Toluene, VM&P Naptha, and White Gas all within 6" of each other. And large supplies of Lye. It also has HCl (sold as muratic acid).

As for the comment on it usually not being pure. Bollocks! Test it!

Most of the time solvents are sold that are very much clean. Residual leftovers would make most solvents to be considered very low quality in the area of performance that 90% of their sales depends upon. Essentially it would be dumb as all hell to sell them that way and would fuck oneself over not to sell pure solvents. Yes some of them contain residues, but many do not. Just test first, and buy it in a small quantity container until you know the quality is good.

42


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5029687 -

yeah...I'm all set.

I grabbed xylol...no tuolene available here.

I hit my local aces...no lye and no good solvents.

I do like those shops though....

will do a test run this weekend...will take pics.

I love you all for what you've empowered me with.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5031336 -

hrm... well ACE is a franchise I think, so I guess it all depends on the owner of each one.

I guess my local one is just a good example. Still  :heart: for ace hardware though.

good luck with your plans!


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5031370 -

Yep, it depends on the owner. But I've seen some with hcl, lye, xylene, naptha, toulene, acetone, etc, all in one store.

I had no need for any of these items, but I was curious as to whether or not they could be found. Another store had no naptha, only quarts of xylene (no gallons), and toulene. Nothing else.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5033237 -

sounds like mine...

there's a guy selling nice big 5 gallon HDPE carboys
on ebay for under $7 a piece.

also found a nice 1000mL sep funnel for about $30 on
there.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5034562 -

afoaf said:
also found a nice 1000mL sep funnel for about $30 on
there.



...

You lucky son of a gun, I've been trying to get one of those for that cheap for a long time. :tongue:


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5036782 -

they're all over on there...you can find them.

I believe the PTFE ones are safe too with toulene, could
be wrong...don't quote me on it.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: afoaf]
    #5037185 -

When I bite the bullet for lab equipment, I go the extra mile and get quality, so I'll get a glass one. It would be far more aesthetic anyhow. And this is going to be in my bedroom in plain view, so aesthetics is just a little bit important.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5044372 -

If you're in a large city, you can also usually get those items in a chemical/laboratory supply business. The purity is probably better than hardware store items.

BTW toluene is a precursor used to make T.N.T., so I suspect it could be a watched chemical


--------------------
DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY!

PEOPLE SAY I'M A RADICAL RIGHT WINGER! I AM NOT, I'M PROGRESSIVE.
I ONLY APPEAR RIGHT WING BECAUSE LIBERALS LIKE HITLER, MUSOLINNI, J.KERRY, J.EDGER HOOVER, RUSH LIMBAUGH, SEAN HANNITY, JESSE HELMS, NIXON AND BUSH, ARE ALL TO MY LEFT.
LIBERALS! I HATE 'EM ALL

DON'T WORRY, WHEN I'M DICTATOR, HEADS WILL ROLL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: toratiger]
    #5044851 -

yes yes... tri nitro toluene.

But it's a common solvent. Xylene is just more popular because it evaporates more slowly. I doubt you'd get any hassle with buying it. The other ingredients in tnt are FAR more difficult to get, anyhow.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: in search of tuolene and lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #5044943 -

Yes... xylene is a bitch to evaporate... if you ever needed to.
Slightly off topic, but to those who have evaporated naptha, how bad is the smell? I hear it's loads more tolerable than xylene. (which simply can't be done in doors reasonably.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (12/10/05 04:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is zippo lighter fuel an acceptable substitue for Toulene?
( 1 2 3 all )
DrJ 3,258 51 03/17/06 08:36 PM
by DrJ
* Red Devil Lye Discontinued JB201 9,766 8 12/24/05 12:03 AM
by Fluxburn
* toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions wang_chung00 1,790 9 03/01/07 10:02 AM
by badreligion2good
* how much lye in mescaline extraction? sancho 2,651 3 02/13/05 10:00 PM
by neuro
* Naptha and zippo fluid Taskenti 1,796 6 04/18/06 04:18 PM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* I need one more thing to extract mescaline, but can't find Red Devil Lye anywhere! MOTH 1,055 3 11/20/05 07:31 PM
by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
* naphtha and lye capital_me 1,086 7 12/07/06 08:09 PM
by thedudenj
* Salvia Extract with naptha Remut 2,012 1 06/25/04 02:17 AM
by redgreenvines

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,526 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.