Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions
    #6617434 -

I am very hesitant to use either of these, although every a/b extraction does. I have read they they are both very volatile and evaporate off of your final product, still the thought of ingesting these nasty carcinogens really irks me. Is this a valid concern or am i exaggerating the dangers? Also i'm not sure if i can even acquire them but is there a large difference in quality from lab grade solvents and hardware store grade ones?


--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: wang_chung00]
    #6617754 -

It is not a valid concern.. the amounts that might be left in you final product will be less than the amount of these substances you get into your system every day trough breathing and eating..

When it comes to solvents store bought products should cut it.. But try evaporating them of a clean surface to see if they leave a residue before actually using them for extractions.


--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: Nalim]
    #6618650 -

I planned on evaporating some first to check for residue. Thanks for putting my mind a little more at ease.


--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: wang_chung00]
    #6620216 -

You have nothing to worry about, evrything you need can be found at Lowe's. In my case they were all right next to eachother at the end of the paint aisle.

I've been working on my first extraction as well. I pulled 2 grams last night; I hope tonight's will be as rewarding if not better.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6620935 -

I think it is a valid concern.

As has been mentioned, do evaporate some of your solvents to see if they evaporate cleanly. Also, use a fume hood (if not that, then the fan over your stove (unless it has a pilot light)) and work in a well ventilated area away from open flames or sparks.

Good luck with your projects.


--------------------
\m/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #6620947 -

Pulled two grams off of how much cactus?


--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: wang_chung00]
    #6621008 -

The real concern shouldn't be eating any of the leftover solvents, it should be breathing in fumes while working with said solvents.

If they are open to the air, make sure to have a steady stream of moving air and open ventilation, or else you will risk damage by inhalation of vapors of these aromatic solvents. That's where most people get toxic reactions from, at any rate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: Mezcal]
    #6621036 -

Yes, I had asthma as a child, and working with the toluene definitely seems to have irritated that. I was wheezy and tight chested for days after having gone to sleep with an extraction jug in my room that was not air tight. The smell engulfed my room and I woke up feeling not so good.

If you have any respiratory conditions, especially heed snyders warning.


--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: badreligion2good]
    #6623598 -

Damn dude, don't keep that shit in your room:tongue: Working with xylene with plenty of ventilation and a cheap cotton mask still made me a little queasy.

BTW, I'm using 750g of torch, maybe a little more. The first evaporation was more like one and a half pulls from the jug. Last night's was maybe a gram. I still haven't decided yet if I'm going to do this with any of my peyote stash. At any rate, I'm having fun with this whole project; it's pretty fucking easy and now I'm dreaming of dmt.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Edited by Brewmaster (03/01/07 10:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: toulene, xylene, ect... solvent safety for a/b extractions [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6623845 -

Haha, same here. I thought it would be difficult, but off of 65g I got a good amount of extract. A 00 pills worth. Now I'm psyched about working with MHRB.

I personally wouldn't extract the peyote, its just too rare.


--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* what went wrong with my mescaline extraction?
( 1 2 all )
sancho 12,361 36 03/24/05 08:46 AM
by Randolph_Carter
* Mescaline Dosage Acid-base extraction GNIOM1498 7,667 13 01/08/05 10:32 PM
by Ekstaza
* Mescaline isopropanol extracting
( 1 2 3 all )
Legoulash 7,509 42 09/14/16 08:40 PM
by Mostly_Harmless
* mesc extraction q, about possible impurities / safety DadeMurphy 1,176 7 01/27/05 04:46 PM
by Ekstaza
* Is zippo lighter fuel an acceptable substitue for Toulene?
( 1 2 3 all )
DrJ 3,258 51 03/17/06 08:36 PM
by DrJ
* Ekstaza mescaline extraction? Ordep 6,016 17 09/15/16 12:18 AM
by Mostly_Harmless
* great salvia extraction guide with pictures ZippoZM 3,552 1 04/18/04 07:13 PM
by LuNaTiX
* Giganthum Morning Glory extracts & experiences thread tregar 12,333 6 06/02/26 12:14 PM
by ft116

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,790 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.