Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: sancho]
    #3885260 - 03/07/05 11:18 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

blah blah blah, i'm not bothering to read all those long renditions. And I think they're either too simplified or use reagents that aren't necessary for most purposes here.

>>what do you mean by isolation? by that you mean doing something like taking the naptha/basic/mescaline solution and adding hcl until all the mescaline percipitates out? if i do that, will it have to be neutral, or will a ph of 5 or so work?

I'm talking about recrystallizing your collected alkaloids.

If you're using HCl you can do that, but then you can't recrystallize in water/methanol, you're best to crystallize in that solvent pair with the base not the salt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephalloidin

Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: neuro]
    #3885331 - 03/07/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

hmm, so you recrystallize the freebase, then convert it back to a salt? I was under the impression that freebase mescaline would not crystallize. Could you go into a little more detail about the recrystallization and what solvent you would use?

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: phalloidin]
    #3886997 - 03/08/05 11:25 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

As far as i know you're right Tryptastic. Freebase mescaline is an oil.

But you can recrystalize the salt.

Neuro what do you say about creating a saturated water solution of crude mesc and add ~8 to 10 parts of acetone (in which mescaline HCl is insoluble) and stick the mixture in the fridge for a couple of days?
Would this be a viable method, or would it be better to do the hot/cold thing with some alcohol?

I ask this because pure non-denatured alcohol is ridiculously expensive and hard to come by where i live. Pure isopropyl or methyl alcohols are also very hard to find.

EDIT:spelling

Edited by esin (03/08/05 11:44 AM)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: mezkal]
    #3887054 - 03/08/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

mezkal said:
How much do you pay a bottle of Xylene ? and what kind of shop !
In France it is very difficult to find this ! i just saw by web shop at 35 dollars the bottle !
but naphta is only 3 dollars ! naphta is better or not to use in the extraction

Xylenes or Toluene are both good to extract and they are just regular paint thinners.

Go to your local paint store and check the paint thinners labels. They will most likely say naphta, xylene or toluene. IME xylene or toluene are usually clean whereas naphta is usually dirty (dunno why).

Buy xylene/toluene and try evaporating 100-200ml of it under a fan. If it all evaporates cleanly without residue you're good to go.

I usually pay 7? for a 1000ml can of clean xylene or toluene.
Clean naphta is much more expensive here, so i pretty much only use it for extractions in which a solvent with low bp is required.

FYI chloroform will also work well, if you can find it that is....

I recommend the tek Ekstaza posted.
And don't extract from peyote, if you have enough to think of using it just eat the damn stuff - extracting will destroy or leave behind many of the substances which are an important part of the peyote experience.
If you want to try mescaline use Pedro or Torch, they are cheaper and both are 'cleaner' sources of mesc than peyote.

Offlinemezkal
Stranger
Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: esin]
    #3887794 - 03/08/05 02:40 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Sorry for again the same question but Esin and Exstaza , in the your method Exstaza , can i use naphta instead xylene or toluene ?

because i dont find them in shop !

and i don t understand why you say that in this method naphta is much expensive ! i can find everywhere for maximum 3 dollars !

and sorry i don t understand your sentence : "a solvent with low bp is required "
What does it mean " bp " !

with this extraction how many mescaline can we get with for exemple 500 g dried chips cactus and with 500 fresh cactus (cactus are pachanoi or peru ! )

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
    #3887928 - 03/08/05 03:14 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

so do you see any other major problems with my procedure (first post)? i know i should now boiling longer and with acid water and skip the defat.

anything else?

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3888131 - 03/08/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Sorry for again the same question but Esin and Exstaza , in the your method Exstaza , can i use naphta instead xylene or toluene ?

Yes.

and i don t understand why you say that in this method naphta is much expensive ! i can find everywhere for maximum 3 dollars !

Nah i said that was just where i live. I can find cheap naphta but it isn't pure enough to extract something i am going to ingest.

Evaporate 100-200ml of it in a dish and see if there's any residue left behind.
If there isn't you can use it safely.

What does it mean " bp " !

bp = boiling point.
Extractions such as DMT work better with solvents with a lower boiling point than that of the substance your extracting.

with this extraction how many mescaline can we get with for exemple 500 g dried chips cactus and with 500 fresh cactus (cactus are pachanoi or peru ! )

Depending on your source, i'd say 500g of fresh pachanoi would yield ~400-600mg (1 to 2 doses). 500g of quality peruvian torch dried chips probably ~5-7g.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: sancho]
    #3888571 - 03/08/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I can't see anything wrong besides what has been said before, Sancho.
I CAN tell you that if you follow the tek Eksaza posted and start with good cactus you will not fail.

If you start with fresh cactus there's no need to dry it to follow the tek. Just make a tea, making sure the cactus pulp has no more bitter taste when you're done with it. Than basify (lots) and go from there.

--

Ekstaza, people aren't over complicating stuff. Just trying to figure out what failed in sancho's extraction...

The other day (in the other thread from Sancho) Neuro b/c i asked him to was just *superficially* clarifying what is going on chemically when you are doing an a/b extraction.

--

Neuro, that tek is a very good one. 'State of the art' stuff i tell ya. I'd say it's foolproof. I can't really see which are the unnecessary reagents in it.
It is definitely not oversimplified (for amateurs like me at least), and it will result in a very clean product. In fact sometimes i prefer to recommend foaf's tek to noobs instead b/c it might be a tad less intimidating.

Ion is also a perfectionist from what i understood from his posts. I believe the two of you would get along well :wink: heh
The tek is simple because he intended it to be like that - believe me when i say he could get it A LOT more complicated. But why would he want to do that? After all, the tek is directed at the layman...

Invisiblemoecat
Visitor
    #3888683 - 03/08/05 05:39 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Edited by moecat (10/17/05 07:00 PM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#3890186 - 03/08/05 10:59 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I gotta start reading the forums earlier in the day.

You're right about the base being an oil I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing or which compounds I was talking about. Recrystallization must take place from the salt of mescaline and it doesnt' matter if one creates a an Acid-Base salt as it'll stay in solution during the recrystallization.

As far as my opinion on the teks. I think a tek in general for an A-B extraction is stupid. One just needs to read the principle behind it and choose the appropriate solvents otherwise the procedure is the same across the board for A-B extractions.

as for the acetone/h2o solvent pair I'm not sure how good or bad of a pair it would be. But to test it I wouldn't do it using a saturated solution of water and acetone. I'd mix varying ratios of acetone and water together and test small amount of isolated mescaline in the differetn ratio solutions drop by drop and with heat added to see which solvent pair ratio if any would be best.

sancho: boil with acid, dont' skip the defat. Perhaps read these two posts on Acid Base Extraction and Recrystallization. If you have a solid conceptual understanding of what the ideas behind the extractions are you won't need to read a tek.

The Acid Base Extraction

(Re)Crystallization

OfflinesinoptiK
TranceAddict

Loc: USA
    #3891669 - 03/09/05 07:23 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

i've used the method posted by ion of the nook and it worked very easily with no complications. usually 500g dry cacti will get you around 5-7g like what was said above.

Edited by sinoptiK (03/09/05 07:25 AM)

Offlinemezkal
Stranger
Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: sinoptiK]
    #3898129 - 03/10/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

ok ! many thanks evreybody for your aasistance for this extraction but in the finality , when you say that with 500 g of dried chips of cactus , we will get maximim 7g

certainly you know but 500 g of dried peru is 17 / 20 doses ( for 25 or 320 g a dose ! )

with the extraction if we get success for exemple 7 g of pure mescaline so it 14/17 doses ! where we have to spend money for the furnitures and materials , and many time !! with may somes riks to lose all if there is a false manipulation !

so conclusion , it is not an interesting idea to practise an extraction !
because we loose minimum 3 doses !
there is only one advantage to do extraction instead dried cactus , we have only to eat 500 mg of pouder instead 25/30 g of drieds cactus !
So for me there is no choice possible ! i prefer dried cactus !
extraction : we loose somes doses and have to spend more money !
Sorry for my bad english !

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #3958080 - 03/23/05 06:22 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

eating dried cactus is great for some, for me it makes me vomit like a bastard. who the fuck cares if u lose a few doses when your getting such a finer product which reduces the chances of nausea 10 fold. i dont know about the rest of u, but id rather pop a big pill then chew on a handful of the most bitter tasting, flavor in mouth lasting hogwash. totally ruins the trip for me. also......chemistry is fucking tight.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #3959210 - 03/23/05 12:07 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Don't kid yourself, nausea is still a factor, it just is coming from 1 source now (Dopamine chemoreceptors) instead of irritating plant matter in the gut + leached out alkaloids.

So you puke a little later than nearly immediately.

Offlinetregar
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3959906 - 03/23/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

:cool:

Edited by tregar (04/28/21 05:29 AM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: what went wrong with my mescaline extraction? [Re: tregar]
    #3962060 - 03/23/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

The acid base extraction resulting in crystal is not an extraction of pure mescaline, it's an extract of the alkaloids purified out from the plant matter.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #3964017 - 03/24/05 08:46 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah, given the fact that people are struggling with that, getting into the chromatography required to seperate em is a tad out of the question :tongue:

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom