Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechills420
Poo Pie Maker

Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? * 1
    #1264605 - 01/31/03 05:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've always wondered this so I'm gona ask.

Lets say someone started having a bad trip.
Whats the best thing to do?
I've never really been around anyone who has ever really had a super bad trip I'm not sure what you should do.

I've chilled people out alittle that got a little scared but i don't really count that as a bad trip.
Is there do's and don't?

I figure this might be a good thing to know just n case it ever happens and I'm there.
That way atleast someone will know what 2 do.

I did have a guy get a little freaky on some LSD once on a camping trip.
He got to acting funny and was playing with a hatchet witch caused some other people to get worried. It got better though after we were able to sneak the hatchet off and hide it.
Thats about the worst i've seen happen so I feel I need some info on this.
Better safe than sorry

--------------------
Teach a man to make cakes he will trip for a night. Teach a man to case he will trip forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: chills420] * 2
    #1264621 - 01/31/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Give them some water and tell them water heals all, always.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: chills420] * 1
    #1264728 - 01/31/03 06:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The most important thing to remember with LSD is that a person on it will feed off the emotions of the people he is surrounded with.  If they are let's say...  Trying to climb a tree at a rave (fucking retard), the BEST thing to do is treat them like a little child, and stay really calm...  Do NOT freak out and start yelling at them to quit what they're doing or they will go bonkers. :laugh:

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1264943 - 01/31/03 07:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

When i have a bad trip, i jus remind myself that ive been through this b4 and its gonna b all good in a few hours. Then i lay in my bed and watch cartoons. This really helps.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1264945 - 01/31/03 07:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, bad trips are a lot easier to stop once you've been through 'em.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1265099 - 01/31/03 08:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Just try to put them in calm,quiet place and try to talk them down.Just tell them that its only a drug and they'll be fine in a few hours.If that doesn't work,a low dose benzo works well,but that should only be used as a last resort.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: monoamine] * 1
    #1265121 - 01/31/03 08:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

For my first bad trip, if someone had given me a drug, I would have freaked out even worse. As it was, I couldn't even bring myself to smoke pot. When my friend lit up inside the house though, and started talking, a combination of the nice aroma, and talking helped me out of it. I suppose incense could have done the job, as well as a damp cloth on the face.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #1265379 - 01/31/03 09:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

In Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test they pranksters just surrounded the person having a bad trip and sent him good vibes.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: Cherk] * 1
    #1265598 - 01/31/03 10:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone ever tried Niacin (vitamin B-3)? I read in a Robert Anton Wilson book that he used it sometimes to bring people down off bad trips (ranging from weed to LSD).

I keep a bottle in my house just in case, but have never had to try using it.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: Edame] * 1
    #1266673 - 01/31/03 07:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

tell them to keep telling themselves their ok, having had a few i can turn it around fast,  i pace the floor drinking water and tell myself its ok, its only a drug :blush:

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Invisibleyogi
stranger thanfiction

#1266791 - 01/31/03 07:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First rule, get them to a safe place if they are out (this can be a challange sometimes). Thats really important because the biggest hazard of a bad trip is either acting strangely in public (I knew of one guy who was shot by the police for this), or of being inattentive and being hit by a car or something of that sort. So the most important is to calmly and strongly get the person to a safe place where they can go through what they need to. Once that is done then too much attention on the person may not be such a good idea. Just be gentle, pleasant, tell them stories or jokes etc or even if there are several of you just have pleasant conversation and neither ignore or make attention demands of the person. It is basically about being in a calm place as the experience resolves itself with time. Sometimes just an atmosphere of safety and normalcy is all that is needed. It helps if you have been through it yourself and can tell them how you got through it (only works if it is true,and don't patronise your friend). I like the water idea, it reminds me of a time that I was tripping and had intense pain in my back. My friend had a crystal (not quartz but austrian lead crystal, faceted and bright) and she made several passes of it over my body. The pain and tension just melted away, it was amazing! No doubt it was about healing attention rather than any crystal power but regardless it worked. It really helps to have an experienced guide or friend who can help. Someone who can be trusted and exudes calm confidence. I could go on but I think you understand the idea...

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: Edame] * 1
    #1267246 - 02/01/03 04:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i always pack a bottle of niacinamide to bring to festivals & concerts (still factory-sealed if possible for the concerts; at festivals, well, it's just part of my ummmm kit - vitamins, herbs, tinctures, medicine, nootropics, psychedelics, tranks, scrip & otc analgesics, whatever fits :wink: ...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: gnrm23] * 1
    #4418495 - 07/18/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if its a guy get them a hot girl, if its a girl, get them a hot guy...

good idea about the water though, water heals all :-) that would work.

last night my frined thought we were all fucking with him, like we pre-planned the entire night to spacifically fuck with him

--------------------
im me on aim... bennettbike

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: ihaveacow] * 1
    #4418618 - 07/18/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Whats this about niacin? You just take the recommended dose and it eases your mind? and this works with weed to you say, right?
Clarification pelase

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: ihaveacow] * 1
    #4418622 - 07/18/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That's a bit of paranoia and anxity, maybe lay off the pot, it can do that to some people.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineDicer
underconstruction
Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: gdman] * 1
    #4418769 - 07/18/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Best thing is to change their line of thought, just distract them with something. Telling them they're ok doesn't work because they're not, and those are just words. Make them laugh, talk about something, just get them unstuck.

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: Best thing to do 4 someone on a bad trip? [Re: Dicer] * 1
    #4419063 - 07/18/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dicer said:
Best thing is to change their line of thought, just distract them with something.

Excellent advise. :thumbup: 
One thing that works well is to tell someone that they can fix any problem they have by focusing on their breathing.  If the bad tripper believes you that his/her problem is with breathing then you show them how to fix it and they follow it, they will be erasing the problem in their mind.  Basically diagnosing them with a fake easy-to-fix problem (you need a glass of water, you need to focus on breathing, you are walking around too much) and then fixing it will ease the minds of many paranoid trippers.  When that doesn't work just reassure that no one dies from shrooms and they are perfectly fine.  If you listen to their problems and tell them as a sober person that they are imagining them, that may help as well.  Bad trips suck but once you realize that they are all the same and they are all in your mind, you can better avoid them or deal with them.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag