Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemasana
Stranger
Near a golf course
    #4379429 - 07/07/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

* Habitat: I found these mushrooms growing next to a golf course in the grass. I believe they have grown because of the fertilization they use, and it had rained the day before.

* Characteristics of the gills: The gills were tan/golden, and were separated from one another. I was not able to get the spores because the bag i put the mushrooms in had unfortunately crushed the caps, which ruined the overall beauty of them. =X

* Characteristics of the stem: The average stem length was about 3-5 inches, very light tan, they almost look white, they're very smooth and when the stem is peeled apart, it comes apart very easily. They are hollow, and very thin as well.

* Characteristics of the cap: The cap was usually a little less than an inch in diameter, light tan towards the edges and golden towards the center. Its almost as if its like a thousand tiny strings are coming out from the center, almost like fiber, making the cone shape, and I believe its concave.

* Spore print color: I apologize, i was not able to get a sample of the spore print, as i was in a rush when i picked them.

* Color that the mushroom bruises: The mushroom bruises a very very dark brown, which almost looks blackish red, and because the mushroom is so delicate, it bruises incredibly easily.

* Scent of the mushroom: Hmm... describing the scent will be very difficult, but ill try. It had almost a damp, musty smell, relatively strong, and smells like thick dirt. I'm sorry this isn't a good description, but this smell is hard to explain. =X

* Anything else you might find important: when in the bag, which was soon after put in my pocket, the mushrooms became crushed causing them to secrete a liquidy substance that was very very dark brown.

Now i want you to keep in mind i have no intention of eating this mushroom, i just hunted it for the pleasure of doing so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also afraid that a photo would not help the classification, because they were so badly beaten during the way home, however i took these notes before i put them in the bag.

- masana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Near a golf course [Re: masana]
    #4379473 - 07/07/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Imma guess and say Panaeolus campanulatus
Definately not active, and who knows what the edibility is.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
Re: Near a golf course [Re: masana]
    #4379480 - 07/07/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a coprinus, though they usually don't grow directly in grass- maybe there was some rotting root material or something underneath. Second guess would be conocybe. You could search for images of coprinus and conocybe and see what you think. Another common one is panaeolina foenescii, but your gill color isn't right.
Either way- proabably nothing of great interest.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies