Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Fear of Reality
    #4324636 - 06/22/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This fear arises in those who have consistently denied reality and have constructed fantasy worlds. In their fantasy worlds, they're always good, accomplished, beautiful. They are, in a word - perfect. In the real world, none of us is perfect.
People who tend to be perfectionists dread the thought of being evaluated on their performance. After all, performance always has a measure of imperfection in it. We can maintain our perfect dream of ourselves in our heads and never have to confront our limitations.
In my mind, I can imagine a perfect book, person or post. But the one you are reading or listening to, as I am well aware, is imperfect. Its imperfection reflects, not only the limitations of the material world, but those of its author. Still, I offer it to you, imperfect as it is, in hope that it may be of value to you. Your offerings will likewise be imperfect, but they nevertheless can be valuable.

While the fears of failure and rejection are largely concerned with how others percieve us, the fear of reality is concerned with how we percieve ourselves. Are we willing to leave our mental ivory towers and face our imperfection, our smallness in the grand scheme of things, our frailness and humanity?
In the imaginary fantasy world, I am not only perfect, I am omnipotent. In the real world, I am neither.
It's hard to venture forth and risk much when you live inside of a protective bubble designed to preserve your cherished illusions. In pursuing your life's work, you will burst the bubble of your fantasy world. Your caring and desire to give will push you to risk facing the reality of your shortcomings as well as the limitations of this world.

So go on... burst your bubble, if you think you can handle it. :smile:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Fear of Reality [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4324643 - 06/22/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thats a bloddy good post! But certainly, knowhere near perfect :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4324646 - 06/22/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

OK! :smile: :cool:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Fear of Reality [Re: Sinbad]
    #4324663 - 06/22/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

But certainly not perfect

:sad:

I am forever ruined! I shall retreat to my dark dungeon and submerse myself in obscene chocolate binging and... stuff like that.
-storms off-

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #4324711 - 06/22/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Amazing post SkorpivoMusterion! :thumbup:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4324739 - 06/22/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is this really about a fear of reality or a fear that others realities don't match our own?

You think you make the greatest soufle you have ever eaten and a Master Chef can say they suck. Why can't both yours and his realities be at the same time? Is there only one and who has dibs on which is the true one?

If you still think yours tastes best and everyone else says they suck, it doesn't mean they suddenly suck to you.

Consider that the fear is transitioning through the discovery that there isn't one reality but that there are as many as there are people to create them. People take a lot of comfort and security in believing there is one reality and one truth to live by. For some to realize that's not so can shatter the entire foundation they live upon.

It's saying the same thing you did just from a different light and view. Can it shatter someone who thinks they make the best soufle to find people think they suck. Sure. Lets look at what is shattering. Their belief that all others are like them. They can still have a preference to think theirs tastes the best and keep that in tact.

Is it healthy to shatter ideas that others think like we do? YES! If we can realize that its okay and how it is, then we can fare well beyond fears of being flawed by others standards and live in our own truth.

For me, it's not about shattering my truths but shattering ideas that others have to think and be like me to validate or accept me. Only I need to validate and accept me to be okay.

So what if someone calls your Ivory Tower a shanty compared to theirs. What power do they have over you to turn you ivory tower into a shanty?

Experiment with this everyone. Take note of when you feel like crap and if you have been making comparisons with yourself or life with others. The comparing ourselves to others game is a major cause of suffering in life.

If what you are, can do or have was good enough before the comparative value came along, what changed the initial good you were experiencing with yourself, abilities and life? Watch for how we beat our selves up with this comparison game or in the delusion that we think others think like we do or that they should.

You don't have to be like anyone or everyone else and they are not you. Once that is understood and accepted, you become free.

Great Topic Idea Skorp! Many struggle and suffer with this stuff every day.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4324791 - 06/22/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

He who desires nothing fears nothing.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Fear of Reality [Re: Seuss]
    #4324841 - 06/22/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

excellent but
wrong
wonderful and well
I guess chocolate is a great idea!!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Fear of Reality [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4324856 - 06/22/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nice one Jiggy. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder