Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Prejudice Vs Racism
    #4315413 - 06/19/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I see these terms being confused here a lot.

prejudice:"Keep your eye on that black/latin/asian guy comming down the street. He looks dangerous."
This is not a racist comment. It is a judgement call based on someones attitude/appearance, not race.

racism: "If your not white/black/asian then your not good enuf for me or my family."
This is an example of racism. A racist believes that his/her race is superior to all other races.

Many people throw the "racist" lable ANYTIME someone brings a persons race into the discussion and that, IMO, is a mistake.

I have lived in the USA and Europe, and have only met a few true racist. There are MANY prejudiced people in America and Europe, but very few racists.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: niteowl]
    #4315417 - 06/19/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I agree.

I have however met ALOT of racist people. I live in eastern Washington right next to Idaho. Ive seen white power tattoos on more than one occasion.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: moosehead]
    #4315423 - 06/19/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

moosehead said:
I agree.

I have however met ALOT of racist people. I live in eastern Washington right next to Idaho. Ive seen white power tattoos on more than one occasion.

Try moving down to SC or GA. I am freinds with many skinheads and admit used to be one myself. Also the KKK mettings in the abandond parking lots at around middnight are kinda fun to drive by.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #4315425 - 06/19/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

is this post inspired by my post last night when i was asking whether i should call myself a racist or not?
not that i mind, i thought my post had turned into a good discussion about just this, but then the moderator concluded that i am a racist and closed my thread.  :frown:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4315442 - 06/19/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stonerguy said:
Quote:

moosehead said:
I agree.

Try moving down to SC or GA. I am freinds with many skinheads and admit used to be one myself. Also the KKK mettings in the abandond parking lots at around middnight are kinda fun to drive by.

lol.
i used to live in florida pan handle when i was a lil kid. near my friends house was the florida main kkk headquarters... and a few blocks down was a gang area, crips i believe...
was kinda scary caus one of my other friends (one of my best friends at that) was half black and his mom was constantly harrased n shit. people even threw blass beer bottles at her car when she was drivin...

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: eligal]
    #4315457 - 06/19/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

He closed the thread because you used the term "japs". He thought it was a racist term so he blocked the thread.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4315471 - 06/19/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I have seen the KKK rallys too.

IMO they are just "chest thumping" with their buddies. Many of these people....once you get to talking to them one on one.....are just weekend racists.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

#4315479 - 06/19/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Yea I have seen the KKK rallys too.

IMO they are just "chest thumping" with their buddies. Many of these people....once you get to talking to them one on one.....are just weekend racists.

I agree 100%, alot of them are really nice guys to. They just grew up with their parents talking bad about other races.

Also just clear some things up, all skinheads arn't raceist ,there are anti-racist skinhead groups.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Edited by Stonerguy (06/19/05 10:38 PM)

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #4315535 - 06/19/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
He closed the thread because you used the term "japs". He thought it was a racist term so he blocked the thread.

really? i didnt read the thread, but i've heard a few japanese people refer to thier people as japs. Mostly ww2 vetrans. one that sticks out most in my head was one that said something like "and when the japs did <insert significant event> yada yada yad"

it seemed like an accepted term to them. Although it is dated. so i dont know how politicaly correct it would be today. I would think that it would be based on how it was used.

it doesnt seem like a racist remark... as oposed to a mexican guy "and when the beaners <insert significant event> yada yada yada"
i would condicer that a racial remark...

the word "jap" seems to me, that it was jast a shortening of japanise person/people, like "oh, harry's a jap" vs "harry's a japanese person". I'm sure it stemed from ww2 when america was promptly made aware of japan, and thier people. so i guess you could, in theory say that it was influenced by negative feelings toward the japanise people, but only because we were at war with them.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineSylowsEukaryote
Stranger by theminute
Loc: In the middle
    #4315538 - 06/19/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Oe of my friends almost got killed by a skinhead. She came out of a gay bar, walked across the street, and when she got in the middle of the street some a-hole yelled "dyke" and proceeded to hit her with his car. He would hit her, back up, and hit her again. in the mean time his girlfriend was laughing in the passenger seat.
My friend got hundreds of stitches in her face and head. her face didn't even look human when she was laying in the street.
Fear and hate did that. I don't know how that girl could have laughed while it was happening. it scares me to know there are people out there who think its funny to see others get hurt like that. I can understand it if people don't agree with another's 'lifestyle' and i can understand it if someone is racist or prejudice. But to hurt another human because of it..that is something I could never understand.

--------------------
Ut ager quamvis fertilis sine cultura fructuosus esse non potest, sic sine doctrina animus. (M. Tullius Cicero, Tusculanae Disputationes 2.13)

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: SylowsEukaryote]
    #4315555 - 06/19/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Was she white? In the group I was in we were just mad b/c of illigal imigrants and other ethninticities were "taking" our jobs. I admite there are crazy skinheads. If they were part of our groupe they would have consiquinces if something like that happend.

Also I am no way affiliated with skinheads anymore except for drinking buddies. I no longer participate in the activieties people would call racist.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: Phychotron]
    #4315850 - 06/20/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Phychotron said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

really? i didnt read the thread, but i've heard a few  japanese people refer to thier people as japs. Mostly ww2 vetrans.  one that sticks out most in my head was one that said something like "and when the japs did <insert significant event> yada yada yad"

it seemed like an accepted term to them. Although it is dated. so i dont know how politicaly correct it would be today.  I would think that it would be based on how it was used.

it doesnt seem like a racist remark...  as oposed to a mexican guy  "and when the beaners <insert significant event> yada yada yada" 
i would condicer that a racial remark...

the  word "jap" seems to me, that it was jast a shortening of japanise person/people, like "oh, harry's a jap" vs "harry's a  japanese person". I'm sure it stemed from ww2 when america was promptly made aware of japan, and thier people. so i guess you could, in theory say that it was influenced by negative feelings toward the japanise people, but only because we were at war with them.

when i do talk to them i use the word jap and so do they... :shrug:

and when he closed the thread if you read it, he says it was because of my views, not because of my wording.
"Yes, in my opinion, your stance on the Japanese people is bigoted. I think you should rethink your position on this. You shouldn't judge an entire race of people because of some bad experiences you've had with some of them."

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #4315866 - 06/20/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

whatever man, open discussion isnt always cool with the mods here. ziddy was trying to stir shit up with his pederast threads but they still had some GREAT discussion and content. of course the threads got locked, because of some see no hear no policy.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4316015 - 06/20/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
when i do talk to them i use the word jap and so do they... :shrug:

and when he closed the thread if you read it, he says it was because of my views, not because of my wording.
"Yes, in my opinion, your stance on the Japanese people is bigoted. I think you should rethink your position on this. You shouldn't judge an entire race of people because of some bad experiences you've had with some of them."

I PM'd him about why he blocked your thread and he said it was because of your use of the word "jap"

:shrug:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
    #4316128 - 06/20/05 03:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

moosehead said:
whatever man, open discussion isnt always cool with the mods here. ziddy was trying to stir shit up with his pederast threads but they still had some GREAT discussion and content. of course the threads got locked, because of some see no hear no policy.

Yeah man, it seems like all of the interesting threads that bring about the most heated and debatable topics are locked. :shrug:

I think some of the mods are working for Big Brother.  :wink:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Prejudice Vs Racism [Re: egghead1]
    #4316299 - 06/20/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. It was just starting to get interesting.

On topic here... Everybody is prejudice. If you have eyeballs, you are prejudice, it's a survival mechanism. The first thing you notice when you look at someone is obviously their outward appearance, and if they appear menacing or dangerous you "pre judge" them to make that call. Prejudice is not a term for evil Hitler worshipping Nazi.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale