Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1040311 - 11/10/02 02:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I don't view being fair as semi-liberal. I view it as being fair and just. I try to be compassionate and gentle, when possible, but realistic and harsh when necessary. However, like you said, it's not a conservative or liberal thing. But if I said anything liberal it must be the carbon monoxide had affected me a little.  :wink:

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #1040321 - 11/10/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I?m not offended but I know it?s not right. Are you saying this is not a silly looking racist charicture?

It is racist and perpetuates a racist stereotype. Same goes for the Atlana Braves Tomahawk chop and the worst of all the Washington Redskins which celebrates genocide against the Indians.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1040393 - 11/10/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It's exactly the same as those old big ginnin' negro pictures that were on products and ads, what, fifty years ago? Now we think that shit is pretty sick, and so will future generations, if not ours, consider this example of Indian mocking sick.

One of my best friends is native, so I've hung out with a lot of natives over the past year in particular. His skin isn't red, but he looks a lot like that Cleveland dude--he even grins all the time. Actually, it's a pretty accurate picture as far as cartoons go. Why should Natives be discriminated against? Can't they be charicatured, and featured in the mainstream? The real problem is the way we actually regard them, and the conditions of many of the reservations. The history of it all is straight up awful. Some tribes' history is pretty damn bad as well. It's all a crapshoot.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #1040704 - 11/10/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How is it racist? Because it's a charicature of an Indian?

If it was a big grinning white dude, would that be racist against white people?

Or a grinning Jew?

What's the racist statement in the characature? Indians smile too much?

I'm not offended by Aunt Gemima (sp) either...

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinegrowin
addict
    #1041336 - 11/10/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah man, i can relate.
i dont realy care no more about it since its so submurged in where i live.
yesterday a friend brought her boyfriend or somthing. a soldier, telling us about a scene. there was a gathering and there was this guy leading this whole 'riot'. they shot a rubber bullet. he fell and then stood up and continued. got shot again and contuinued. then his commanding officer shot him, with a real bullet. all he could say was how funny it was, and how u would expect it would be dramatic, but he just fell...
man.

and another story from another soldier that his job is to break prison riots. he just walks aorund beating people up. somtimes kills a cat.
the prisoners fuck cats there...  their all in one etnathi.

anyway - this whole racism thing is kinda everywhere. there are places that cameras dont get into and all kinda shit happening, racism is kinda unseprable from it all.

i even kinda enjoy a little hearing these things, like i like to hear about an earthquake or a good horror headline. dosnt everyone?  :tongue:

a growin original

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1041407 - 11/10/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

And.

Anonymous

#1041514 - 11/10/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Nice thread Rail, I appreciate it.

As you know I live in Cleveland Indians territory but you may not have not known I am Native American.

Fuck the fucking Cleveland Indians! :mad:  They need to lose every game until they change the logo!

Sometimes I hear whites make really stupid racist comments and laugh.  Other times I want to beat their head in with a stick.

One of the best baseball caps I ever saw was worn by a brother.  It was a picture of a Native on a horse with a crossbow cocked and ready and said, "What if?"

Now don't get me wrong.  I also recognize that groups of people have various cultural attributes but I don't consider that to be racist.

Again, thanks for the thread,

Hau Kola

Mitakuye Oyasin, 

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1041538 - 11/10/02 05:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

A very good post Rail_Gun nice read, and some wonderful responses. I agree totally with papaver and enjoyed the post by I_Fart_blue. I myself have no tolerance for racism or the type of racial profiling described by one poster of Mexican descent. On the other hand I cant stand the exploitation of the sins of the past. For instance I for one think that the practice of slavery was inhuman and horrible but I for one never owned a slave nor do I know of anyone who does. So some people must get over the use of the crutch ?the suffering of my people? because it is ancient history!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: ]
    #1041890 - 11/10/02 09:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah mang! I'm like 1/6th Cherokee...

They're like "where's my 40 acres and a mule", and I'm like Git offa my property, and where's my herd o' bison?

Ya know?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1041960 - 11/10/02 10:03 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I still want my reparations from what the Romans did to some of my ancestors in England and France 2000 years ago. I know the Vatican has a lot of loot. They should share the wealth...

--------------------

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#1042596 - 11/11/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yes, my family has been a victim of racism in our neighbourhood. we live in a predominantly "white christian" neighbourhood in California and there have been two instances where we've had to call the police. The first instance happened to my grandparents...one evening they heard a loud crashing sound and they went to investigate what happened. well, a swastika made from dog shit was put on their front door and the culprits also started a fire on their front lawn with gasoline. The good thing about this incident though was that the neighbours were pretty helpful towards my grandparents and it somewhat strengthen the bond between all the neighbours (everyone looks out for each other).

The second incident(s) has been ongoing for years now. Our family built a black bottom pool when we first moved into our house. Our backyard neighbours copied us by building a black bottom pool too and also copied our landscape plans (same trees, plants, grass area etc). Due to this "backyard rivalry" they used to throw dog shit, potatoes, worms into our pool. There have been plenty of times when our neighbours have shouted out things such as "FUCKING FILIPINOS" and "GOD DAMN CHINKS." Well, one day my dad caught the neighbour throwing shit into our yard whilst he was making some derrogatory comments. My dad finally got really irritated by this, climbed the dividing wall, ran after our neighbour and said something along the lines of "if i ever catch you doing this again i'm going to cut your nuts off" My mom at this stage paniced and called the police. The police just told us to resolve hte problem on our own with the neighbours. The next week our neighbours came to our front door with a basket of fruit and asked us to "pray with them." fucking weirdos...at least they don't throw shit into our pool now...my dad had a videocamera setup at our backyard sliding door for weeks monitoring whether or not they'd throw shit into our pool..

now this was a personal experience which i will never forget. i had come back home for summer holiday - the same summer when a man went into a jewish children's centre and started shooting at kids. This incident happened only about 2 miles away from where I live. Anyways, we have an intercom system throughout the house. When i was home alone I heard a guy say through the intercom, "YOU FUCKING JEWS WE'RE GONNA GET YOU" I got so shit scared thinking that someone was in the house that i ran to the kitchen and took the biggest knife i could find. I then went to fetch our german shepherd to accompany me throughout the house to search for whomever said that on the intercom. I searched the whole house and nothing...no one in the house. I locked all the doors and kept a knife by my side. An hour later, the same person was on the intercom system saying hte same words. I quickly ran to the window near the front door and noticed a car driving past. That's when it clicked in my head...these people had tapped into the frequency of our intercom system and possibly all the intercom systems of all the houses near us and was randomly saying these words to see if it'll stir some people up. I thought, oh yeah duh, i thought something was wrong...we're not a jewish family...heh

Anonymous

Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: Papaver]
    #1047831 - 11/12/02 08:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The thing is Paps that the f*ing whites still have their jack boots on our necks.  I get pretty sick and tired of it.  That f***er Clinton saw fit to pardon half the criminals he worked with at the last minute but when it came to Leonard Peltier, who was asked to be pardoned by EVERYONE up to and including Mother Teresa, he let Leonard rot in prison. :mad:  The courts will not allow evidence from the FBI files that clears Leonard of any wrong doing!

F*ing  whities anyways 

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #1048276 - 11/13/02 12:19 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

in regards to the sports teams- i grew up in Washington DC area, they changed our basketball team from the washington bullets to the washington wizards after a little discusion of it being bad for the community or for whatever to have a bullet, but the controversy about our redskins team went on for years, and they never changed it. but wizards....hm.....could be the klan......its stupid.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1048311 - 11/13/02 12:30 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

> but wizards....hm.....could be the klan......its stupid.

It could also be considered anti-pagan or anti-wiccan... :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Racism in your life and community [Re: Papaver]
    #1048540 - 11/13/02 02:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

lol. yea. damn racists. they're everywhere.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #1048808 - 11/13/02 08:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know who Leonard is but I do know that the wrongful inprisonment of one man does not = the slaughter of thousands.

Politicians, cops, whatnot suck. It's got nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with the thirst for power.

I will tell you one thing. I have noticed a lot of racism around my area lately and I don't like it. It strikes me as odd that this thing is such a big deal still, but I think that it is being eradicated, slowly.

Of course the Muslims are gonna be prejudiced against for quite some time.

Bah, I dunno. There are more important things to worry about.

The question is, is it still likely for any man or woman in this country to be born in a ghetto and die in at least a middle-class home if he works hard and is smart enough despite his race?

I say that it is. So what else matters, really?

--------------------

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1049030 - 11/13/02 10:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I know I'll get flamed for this, but here goes. I am not a racist per say. I am definately predjudiced about a lot of people however. I try and judge a person by how he or she presents themselves. Good people are good people and bad people are bad people regardless of their color or lineage. I do have a problem with Indian sympathizers who wail and moanabout how the native americans were fucked and we should give it all back. I say too fucking bad. It's all history now. The Indians, like it or not, are a conquered people. They are not unique in this regard, but in the fact that they weren't all killed outright or sold into slavery like most of history's vanquished peoples. Yeah they were here first, but the Europeans and later Americans came, kicked their asses and took what we wanted. The fact that the Indians were given any reservation lands at all speaks to the fact that there were at least some individuals in the government who didn't want to wipe them out completely. Shit happens. The strong conquer the weak. Waxing poetic about the noble savage is nice and all, but they simply couldn't stand up to superior numbers and firepower. I'm not proud of the way the Indians have been treated, but hey at least they are still here. The same could also be said about the people in this country now if there is ever an invasion or uprising and we are too weak too fend off the attack. Then we will be the conquered, and will have our fate determined by others. So I guess what I'm saying is that this is history. All the wailing and wringing of hands isn't going to change anything. If the Indians can ever muster up a challenge and take the land back, more power to them. Aint going to happen, IMO. They should cherish what they have left and deal with reality. As far as team mascots go, they need to just get over it. For a people supposedly so strong, they sure do get their panties in a bunch pretty quickly. Political correctness is going to be the death of free speech in this country.
All right, I've got my fire retardant pajamas on, let it fly.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder