Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Where Are the Cries of Racism? [Re: gluke bastid]
    #5507833 - 04/12/06 11:56 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

daimyo*

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Daimyo is the one who is screaming racism in this situation.

Nah, merely wondering where the screams of racism are from the usual suspects(Jesse Jackson and the like).

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
He thinks that the stripper acussed the lacrosse team of rape because she is black, they are white, and therefore she wants to "ruin their lives."

1. I doubt you read minds, so you should never state what another is thinking unless you know for sure. On the off chance that you do read minds, you are still wrong on your assumption.

2. I posed that view because I think it is likely that had the roles been reversed, we would be seeing more of the usual suspects(as defined above).

Now, on with the story. The cries of racism have begun, as I pointed out a couple posts back. Not more than 15 minutes ago I was watching the news and there was a story about the racial aspect of this. The blacks believe that the white students should be arrested DESPITE the DNA evidence pointing towards their innocence. The reason they feel the whites should be arrested? Because, in their opinion, had the roles been reversed the blacks woulds be under arrest already.

I won't play the naive role here and say there's no racism in the system, but to say that people should be arrested after DNA tests come back negative is preposterous. Let's assume the roles had been reversed, and the blacks had the DNA evidence on their side. Would they still be screaming for the aresst of the team? Not a fucking chance. And if the team were arrested in spite of the evidence? Fuck.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Edited by daimyo (04/12/06 12:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Re: Where Are the Cries of Racism? [Re: gluke bastid]
    #5507909 - 04/12/06 12:15 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

i look forward to the day when i can hear of a murder, rape, robbery whatever without either of the words 'black' or 'white'. i'm sure it'll upset a lot of people, but the day the law is passed outlawing physical descriptions in public releases (ie. except for the local guys looking) i'll be a happy klinefelter.

--------------------
buh

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Where Are the Cries of Racism? [Re: shirley knott]
    #5507913 - 04/12/06 12:17 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
i look forward to the day when i can hear of a murder, rape, robbery whatever without either of the words 'black' or 'white'. i'm sure it'll upset a lot of people, but the day the law is passed outlawing physical descriptions in public releases (ie. except for the local guys looking) i'll be a happy klinefelter.

I hate it when people don't want people described the color of their skin. It's such fucking bullshit. It's only a judgment if you view it that way. It's just another way of offering description.

A green shirt. A black shirt. A white shirt. A black and yellow polka dotted shirt.

A black man.
A white man.
A black man with bleach blonde hair.
A white man with freckles and a bald head.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflinehIgHdRoLoVeR
delete this user
Male
Re: Where Are the Cries of Racism? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5507926 - 04/12/06 12:20 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

shirley knott said:

I hate it when people don't want people described the color of their skin. It's such fucking bullshit. It's only a judgment if you view it that way. It's just another way of offering description.

A green shirt. A black shirt. A white shirt. A black and yellow polka dotted shirt.

A black man.
A white man.
A black man with bleach blonde hair.
A white man with freckles and a bald head.

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GREEN SHIRTS?!!1OMGONE1! U R T3H R4C1ST!!ELEVEN!
my point is that its stupid for anyone to get bent out of shape because someone calls a black person "black" and to automaticly assume they are racist. im not racist, it doesnt take skin color for me dislike someone

--------------------
hIgHdRoLoVeR
Loving all things hydro since 1989.
http://www.gardenscure.com/420/index.php
the place to go for (medical) marijuana cultivation advice
World of Warcrack...My anti-job!

Edited by hIgHdRoLoVeR (04/12/06 12:23 PM)

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Where Are the Cries of Racism? [Re: daimyo]
    #5507929 - 04/12/06 12:21 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
Quote:

gluke bastid said:
He thinks that the stripper acussed the lacrosse team of rape because she is black, they are white, and therefore she wants to "ruin their lives."

1. I doubt you read minds, so you should never state what another is thinking unless you know for sure.

I do not read minds, I was merely taking your words at face value:
Quote:

daimyo said:
A black stripper/hooker ruins the life of an entire lacrosse team with her lies...

Quote:

daimyo said:
2. I posed that view because I think it is likely that had the roles been reversed, we would be seeing more of the usual suspects(as defined above).

Understood, but isn't that a form of screaming racism? You're saying that it is a racist situatioin because if hypothetically the races were different people would be complaining about racism?

Here is my basic point I'm trying to make to you. In every media scandal like this there are going to be people who make it out be a racial issue, because they were standing by at the sidelines ready to fit the situation into a racist framework before it even happened. You are right to attack the black students you quoted who think the team should be arrested anyway. Those guys are obviously assholes who aren't capable of doing anything besides complaining about racism.

Ironically, though, by referring to those extremist students or Jesse Jackson as the voice of black people everywhere and pointing out how racist they are you are acting as the flipside of the same coin in the debate. I honestly think when a scandal like this happens and some idiot gets up on a soapbox and starts yelling about how the team got off because they are white and the stripper is black the best reaction is to let them know they are being blinded by their own ideology, and otherwise ignore them. To stand up on an opposite soap box and say that all black people do is complain about being victimized just ensures that the debate remains childish.

For example:
Quote:

daimyo said:
I won't play the naive role here and say there's no racism in the system, but to say that people should be arrested after DNA tests come back negative is preposterous.

I agree totally.
Quote:

daimyo said:
Let's assume the roles had been reversed, and the blacks had the DNA evidence on their side. Would they still be screaming for the aresst of the team? Not a fucking chance. And if the team were arrested in spite of the evidence? Fuck.

Why? Why assume the roles had been reversed? Can't we just leave it at the fact that a handfull of students are being preposterous and not define it as typical black behavior?

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
    #5507934 - 04/12/06 12:22 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

>It's only a judgment if you view it that way.

welcome to the world

--------------------
buh

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5507939 - 04/12/06 12:24 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Ok.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #5508876 - 04/12/06 04:29 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

the crackers did it, end of story.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #5508905 - 04/12/06 04:37 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:

"A 5'10" male human being with hair was seen running from the crime."

Yeah, that will sure help with the investigation. Just because they mention the color of the persons skin doesn't make it racist.

Le drr.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Where Are the Cries of Racism? [Re: daimyo]
    #5508969 - 04/12/06 04:54 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

"If this was a black team, and a white slut, then Jesse Jackson, and all those other retards, would be out protesting about how the white girl is a racist and trying to ruin the blacks' lives."

That is because in both situations there's no evidence of racism involved. However, this is irrelevant. according to the rules of political correctness, all white people are racist, blacks deserve superior status in society in the form of affirmative action, and blacks are allowed to hurl any racial insult towards whites with impunity (ever heard of Kanye West, or Nas?).

--------------------
Namaste

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Where Are the Cries of Racism? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #5508999 - 04/12/06 05:03 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

am i the only motherfucker in here who is wondering how it is this thread has managed to get multiple 1st time posters spouting off in it?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom