Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Racism [Re: eligal]
    #5193895 - 01/18/06 01:57 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:

and im racist against blacks cause their dick is biiger than mine  :bored:

White people can have a large phallus as well...
I'm quite sure of it every time I pee.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenice
friend

Loc: Portland or Nyc
Re: Racism [Re: Herbus]
    #5193972 - 01/18/06 02:47 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

curry

--------------------

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: Racism [Re: Gillette]
    #5194025 - 01/18/06 04:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The fact is, its easy to be racist.  Thats why it happens.  Its the same old blame game.

But every stereotype has a bit of truth behind it.

I dont particularily like dudes from Jamaica and Somalia.  It has nothing to do with color, or personality/culture, as it does with attitude.
Somalians are pouring into our rather peacefull city, and over the past 10 years, its gone from being able to chill in the park alone with a buddy/girl @ 3am drinking, to the fear of being surrounded by a pack of 10+ of these guys and having to hand over all your cash and belongings.  I mean this shit happened before, but not at this frequency.

The jamaicans just dont have a fuse.  You look at them wrong and you might as well start digging your grave.  Now we have 15 year old girls getting shot in the face downtown in broad daylight.

I have a jamaican buddy at work that tells me that back home, when a car with tinted windows drives down the street, people slip into alleys to avoid the spray of bullets that are gonna erupt any moment.  If you're gay, youre shot on the spot, if they feel like being nice.

Am i racist for hating the fact that they bring their violent culture with them?  I have cool black friends. I have cool somalian friends.  But when SO many of them are all about violence, its hard to resist saying 'i hate those fucks'.

The fact is, if they didnt try to act so tough, noone would be so racist against them, except the true racist.

The real question is, how can you blame them?  Its how they grew up.

:sun:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Racism [Re: RuNE]
    #5194542 - 01/18/06 10:50 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

heh, what the hell is "reverse racism" guys? I know what you mean, but think about that for a second.. anything that you qualify as "reverse racism" is just plain racism. Reverse racism doesnt exist.

As far as racism, well.. it's been deeply rooted in society since the beginning, and unfortunetly will probably stay that way. As long as there is strife and another group of people are nearby to blame it on, racism will live.

We can choose to come together, to live in 'peace' as human race and forget our differences, at least the negative stigmas attatched to our differences anyway. The thing is, we choose not to, why? I'm not sure, thats a hard question..

Maybe its pride, maybe its learned experiences... but regardless of how it manifests, it is pretty ugly. I deal with racism at my work too, although its not between the employees, its between the employees and customers (we get alot of spanish-only customers). Seems like quite a different situation, I can imagine your frustration though!

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Racism [Re: vivid]
    #5194557 - 01/18/06 10:55 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Reverse racism I guess technically means a minority racist against a majority, but I look at it a bit differently.

I think reverse racism means that minorities are using the idea of racism to validate something that they do. It's like affirmative action, they don't HAVE to work as hard and they can still get the job, so a lot of times they WON'T.

Whenever someone says "Oh that's just because they're (insert race here)" I think that's reverse racism.

Meh, maybe I'm using the wrong term, but it definatly pisses me off more than racism because it's just a fucking excuse.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Racism [Re: vivid]
    #5194559 - 01/18/06 10:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I still fail to see how animosity towards Spanish or a any other language speaker is Racism.It's more of a culture problem in my opinion people are getting this confused aparantly from what i see in this thread.If a Nordic Argentinian came to your work demaniding service in spanish or just speaking butcherd English how is that racism?

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Racism [Re: buckwheat]
    #5194578 - 01/18/06 11:00 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It isn't, but the poster above commented that he is against cultural integration, which is a racist ideology. Racism refers to beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed "race", and the belief that cultural integration is bad falls into this.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale