Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
need shroomery help regarding meat (or lack thereof)
    #4306325 - 06/17/05 02:39 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

After a while of debate I have decided to cut the amount of meat I have in my diet, and hope to get it down to nothing. Now I'm going to be doing my own research, but if any of you shroomerites could help me with either links, recipes, or encouragement  :sun:, I would really appreciate it.

to those who went to a vegetarian diet...how long does it take for your body to get used to not having meat? how about your mind?

I think if there is to be a shift in ideas regarding our health and the planet, not eating meat is one of the core principles to have. The meat industry is disgusting, and so I can't follow that path anymore.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: need shroomery help regarding meat (or lack thereof) [Re: kaiowas]
    #4306338 - 06/17/05 02:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

right on.
giving up meat was one of the best things I've done.

your body will adjust quickly
but your meat-habit is hard to break.

it is so much easier to eat fast food garbage
than to cook your own food or seek out veggie-friendly restaurants.

the key to a veggie diet: legumes.

good luck!

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Re: need shroomery help regarding meat (or lack thereof) [Re: Vvellum]
    #4306345 - 06/17/05 02:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

All I eat is meat and fibre laxitives for the fibre, plus a veggie with my meal.  I feel great! :grin: :beer:  And always regular!

--------------------
:awesome:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: need shroomery help regarding meat (or lack thereof) [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #4306350 - 06/17/05 02:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

that's wonderful - I guess that was the inevitable "I love meat so much" post.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#4306354 - 06/17/05 02:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Has the inevitable "don't be a pussy" post been entered?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: need shroomery help regarding meat (or lack thereof) [Re: SoopaX]
    #4306369 - 06/17/05 02:50 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I thought kaiowas was asking specifically for vegetarian diet tips, no?

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4306379 - 06/17/05 02:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

im just going out to pick up a double cheeseburger, ill post some of my tips when i get back

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#4306390 - 06/17/05 02:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanks...my mind knows this will be a good undertaking for me.  I stopped smoking for my health and so I said to myself "why stop there?"  might as well go all the way ya know?

how weird, I was looking through the closet and found "Diet for a Small Planet"  book, haha

crazy how things just pop up out of no where  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4306393 - 06/17/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, I hear ya. I am trying to kick my smoking habit - switching to a vegetarian diet was definitely easier.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#4306407 - 06/17/05 02:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

don't try to quit, DO IT! 

I stopped a month ago when my body literally woke me up in the middle of hte night so I can have some tobacco.  that shit is evil man.  all it takes is sheer will power...you don't need it bio!  :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4306415 - 06/17/05 03:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

it is fucked.

smoking is totally contrary to my lifestyle - I ride my bike everywhere, practice yoga every morning, and eat pretty damn healthy. its just an old habit that has crept up again - I need to kick that shit. Havent had a smoke in about 12 hours - so far so good.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#4306435 - 06/17/05 03:06 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

its the first 48 hours that sucks...

hey...they sell this stuff at an australian shop called damiana. you can smoke it or use it for tea (tea is what I use) It really helps with any jitters and unlike most things, it does give off a little euphoria that helps you wanting that tobacco perk (not to mention its an aphrodisiac).  if you want man I can mail some to you..its really good stuff.  pm me if ya want!  always willing to help people quit smoking  :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #4306454 - 06/17/05 03:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dont quit eating meat completely, thats bad for your health. Just eat chicken breasts and fish, plus lots of veggies.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#4306460 - 06/17/05 03:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

nah man, chicken is the worst of them all. thye pump those creatures full of steroids. I cxan't trust that. neither fish since theres a plethora of ways for the water they swim in to be poisoned.

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #4306476 - 06/17/05 03:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't be so paranoid about that stuff man.....people are living longer than ever, and you can get steroidless free roaming chickens. Most fish from the ocean are safe since its still clean out in the deep ocean. Steroids arent that bad since they dont use very much and scientists constantly test and do studies of the drugs they use in chickens.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4306678 - 06/17/05 05:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Im pretty sure chickens are steroid free. They pump them with chemicals to make them fatter, not buffer.

I use up a lot of energy in a day and dont think a vegetarian diet would do it for me ... not enough calories. I like to eat beef on a daily basis, with a lot of veggies, it tastes amazing.. Im a helluva cook. Whatever floats your boat, imo vegeterianism is not for everyone.

:smile2:

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4306679 - 06/17/05 05:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Irishdrunk said:
Dont quit eating meat completely, thats bad for your health.  Just eat chicken breasts and fish, plus lots of veggies.

source?

i've been vegetarian my whole life. well from age 0-13, then from age 13-16 i ate meat, but not so often - then from 16-now (20) i haven't eaten meat. don't miss it at all, feel very healthy, eat healthily (not fast-food, mind you - except falafal, of course :smile: ).

but as to the smoking thing, i feel you bi0... it's my biggest act of daily hypocracy... :nonono:

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #4306755 - 06/17/05 07:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've been thinking of cutting out meat too. A few months ago I started thinking- really thinking- about eating meat, and I almost puked. I eat it fine, but if I THINK about eating it, the thought makes me sick! So I think I'm going to cut it out of my diet. I need some proteiny non-meat stuff now..

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: need shroomery help regarding meat (or lack thereof) [Re: Brugman]
    #4306758 - 06/17/05 07:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Brugman said:
I need some proteiny non-meat stuff now..

soy, lentils, beans, nuts, legumes, grains, dairy (unless you're going to be vegan), etc...

trust me, it's not hard.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4306816 - 06/17/05 08:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I stopped smoking for my health and so I said to myself "why stop there?" might as well go all the way ya know?

Argh, I just can't resist responding to this.  If you want to stop eating meat for ethical reasons, great, more power to ya :thumbup:

But cutting yourself off from the most nutritive form of food is not done for 'health reasons'.  Lean meat, fish, poultry (w/o skin), is simply very healthy stuff. Now maybe when you allow yourself to eat meat you can't help yourself from eating the fatty forms and eating them all the time, but cutting yourself off from lean meat and fish is not done for 'health reasons'.  My fiancee is a vegetarian environmental scientist (i.e. well-schooled in biology) and openly admits this fact (she is vegetarian for environmental reasons and habit)

Okay now that I've got that off my chest, if you're giving up lean meat for ethical reasons, I will yet again endorse Quorn.  Its great stuff, a bit expensive, but absolutely packed with protein and very low fat (even better ratio than chicken breast).  In a british commonwealth country I'd imagine it shouldn't be too hard to find.  Seriously, look for it in a supermarket www.Quorn.com

Other dishes get good at cooking:
Moussaka
Vegetarian Lasagna
Curries
Ratatouille
Minestrone Soup (w/ fresh bread is divine)

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub