Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Spirit Realm VS Material World [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4204185 - 05/21/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Amazing post, as always Markos. :smile:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4204300 - 05/21/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I want to second that. :heart: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Spirit Realm VS Material World [Re: Adamist]
    #4206415 - 05/22/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Icelander, and Adamist. (Actually, the Shroomery has improved my writing immensely. I do not have any 3rd chakra motivations myself in this, though my Lady wants me to make a book out of my posts  :tongue:) But, this post and this thread is not about me.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4206776 - 05/22/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

" A mercenary soldier, an assassin, politicians, lawyers (for the most part), and all others whose personalities are characterized by the first three chakras as described by Hindu Yoga - the respective foci on survival, sex and power"

But does a soldier or assassin have to fit such a stereotype...or a lawyer for that matter? While in the Army I knew several highly skilled soldiers of the elite variety who saw themselves a warriors in a spiritual sense. They had a very strong moral sense of right and wrong and were deeply spiritual. I also once employed a lawyer who became a lawyer (he was previously an english professor) in order to stand up for the weak. He took my case with no guarantee of payment (I was having financial trouble and a big corporation was trying to attach all of my pay and property) at first. He had a degree from Vanderbilt (a very good law school) and was highly capable yet he was not rich. He told me that most lawyers help big companies screw the financially weak. His stated goal was to help the weak defend themselves. He was also deeply spiritual and felt that he was called by God. I feel that your generalization could use a little expansion, but it was good post.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Spirit Realm VS Material World [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4207068 - 05/22/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What you are seeing H., is evidence of transcendence in the lives you mention. That is why I mentioned the Bhagavad Gita, because in the great battle scene (which is also the battle enacted inwardly), Krishna explains to Arjuna that he can wage war against his own people and still be faithful to and righteous before GOD. The warrior caste, the Kshatria, must fulfil their karmic predicament as warriors - 'be all you can be' so-to-speak, within their karma. I have my own 'issues' with lawyers, but I know from a friend that Miami has at least one 'shamanic' lawyer who is sympathetic to people arrested on cannabis charges, and who has a personal interest in psychedelics for growth and human development. There are always exceptions, but "by-and-large," (as my high school sociology teacher used to say), my 'stereotypes' remain the rule. The saying which goes something like: 'Do not attempt to teach the Buddha's ahimsa [non-harm] to a hunter' is multiplied many many times in the instance of a mercenary soldier or an assassin. Glad you did enjoyed the post regardless.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4207098 - 05/22/05 03:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Another fine post.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #4207248 - 05/22/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The great posts in this thread really help clarify things for me, as I can relate to XOIIAresIIOX's feelings with how my life is going. I'm at a point where it is time to decide what to do with my life. College is over and I could go to university, or I could try to sustain myself with an unconventional job, so to speak. Maybe I can produce some experimental music albums at home, or write poetry, or a book, or set up an internet business. I dont' know.

But I know I don't exactly want a job in 'the system'. The things the Bhagavad Gita says are beautiful and true. At the same time, however, I feel passionately against the system, as if it is my path to feel so. I might want to be a professor or a writer, but I have trouble pingeon-holing myself like that. Yes, I must go out and *create*...but on what level? The system is changing these days.

I want to break the rules of science. I want to unravel things to their beautiful core. How can this be done, when a person's job, by its very nature and according to its very premise, supports the infrastructure which must fall? I do forsee an implosion. China and Japan have stopped buying U.S. dept, massive inflation is coming, and I wonder if civilization might give in to some fundamental change?

We've been getting more and more free over the centuries, within a context more and more limited. The dehumanized capitalist cycle of producing needless things to fill needless desires is hollow, and I don't wish to be a part of it. What is the right path here? Should I just go along with it, and focus not on what I do but how I do it? Things are changing...things are always changing, I suppose, so what to do in the meantime?

But on this fundamental level I should not be waiting in the meantime...I should be pushing for change, and this should occupy my time throughout my 'daily life'. I think this is right for me, and let it serve as a suggestion for others, too. There are so many ways to reflect such motivation, of course. I don't know exactly where my path will lead, but it is not, I think, within the system.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#4207294 - 05/22/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale